First A$$ View

kloner

Aerial DP
I've really calmed down a lot lately, everything is making sense, i understand radio talk better cause i understand what there saying now, pretty stoked. I'm probably just good enough to be really dangerous if ya know what i mean, now to learn the rest to make that go away...... Can't wait for cross countries

Gonna go buy a new a20 headset after i solo. Been waiting for them things since i started and was broker than heck.

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks guys/gals.... 2 hours away, at least it finally cooled off to 80 so it won't be so brutal. got a review of my check ride then were off..... I screwed up two things on my ride, both engine outs he gave me, one under flight, one int eh pattern i came in pretty hot so threw her in a forward slip which was fine, but both times i forgot to get the last notch of flaps in. None the less both made it down pretty smooth so..... The other thing i did and realized it after doing it, did a 360 steep turn in both directions without hesitation, then he gave me a stall to do, i forgot to do a clearing turn. When i went into a power off in a turn had slowed it down, put it in the turn and remembered forgetting to do it... Ah well, absolutely aced the oral which kinda shocked myself. he was leading into stage 2 and 3 questions trying to figure out where my knowledge ended.... I was shocked, figured it'd go the other way.

To the sky and beyond, see you folks on the other side.

kloner

Aerial DP
this is the plane i'll be soloing in. it's one of the nicer ones in there fleet. comftorable and predictable

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 273

FlyGirl

Boy, almost a dead ringer for the one I always used to fly. Good ol' 574 foxtrot lima... :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• n574fl (1).jpg
    n574fl (1).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 285
  • N574FL.jpg
    N574FL.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 276

kloner

Aerial DP
it does. I'm thinking about getting something like this to get some hours on before i step up.... seems like i could get around so cal pretty good for a reasonable amount of money

scotth

It's a buyer's market. You can get a decent little Cherokee with good times for pretty short money... 20's. Be happy to help you with your search, been doing this a long time. :)

jfro

Aerial Fun
it does. I'm thinking about getting something like this to get some hours on before i step up.... seems like i could get around so cal pretty good for a reasonable amount of money

Can you get 2 people and a couple MR's in there?

Av8Chuck

I have the perfect solution for you, its a nice step up from what your learning in with a one piece windshield, all the glass and interior is in great shape, you can easily remove the rear seats - room enough for one or two multis (depending how you arrange them). So its high performance/complex and its a really stable for IFR training.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Left-Side-MCU-Hi.jpg
    Left-Side-MCU-Hi.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Back-Seats.jpg
    Back-Seats.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 280
  • Instrument-Panel.jpg
    Instrument-Panel.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Instrument-Six-Pack-1.jpg
    Instrument-Six-Pack-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 275
  • N1746H-1T.jpg
    N1746H-1T.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 281

Av8Chuck

It's a buyer's market. You can get a decent little Cherokee with good times for pretty short money... 20's. Be happy to help you with your search, been doing this a long time. :)

Its funny, we're in a forum where dropping $10K-$20K on a multirotor is not uncommon, if you crash, it sucks but your alive to repair it and explain to the DP why you just ruined the RED. Yet you'd consider flying an airplane that costs in the $20K range?

Over the past six years the economy has been sucked dry and the authority of bureaucrats is at a all time high and accountability of them at an all time low, but hopefully that will change and we can get some normalcy, opportunity and predictable future wealth back into the economy so it can grow. Most of the planes in the low side of the budget have sat idle and neglected as a result of this economy. A&P's have gone to work for the local Mercedes dealer and flight schools have closed. So anyone considering purchasing a 40 year old airplane, a plane where the upkeep of it REALLY matters, you might want to think about how well it was taken care of when you can purchase it for about the same cost as a multirotor. If you think you have to trust your MR build to fly a Red, imagine how much you'd have to trust it if you were in it?

So yes, its a buyers market -- its a buyers BEWARE market. Especially if you've never owned a plane before.

Just saying...

scotth

Its funny, we're in a forum where dropping $10K-$20K on a multirotor is not uncommon, if you crash, it sucks but your alive to repair it and explain to the DP why you just ruined the RED. Yet you'd consider flying an airplane that costs in the $20K range?

So yes, its a buyers market -- its a buyers BEWARE market. Especially if you've never owned a plane before.

Just saying...

If you don't have a proper prebuy done by a qualified mechanic then buyer beware, yes. There are plenty of good deals out there. Nice Arrow btw. Just finished an annual on one. Great complex trainer.