F450 at 1900 grams, getting hot, should I swap motors?

kloner

Aerial DP
yea but there outta stock. I bought 13 of em today, like said, i'll pass em along to you same price, but there not even shipped yeat and are coming ups ground. If your looking to fly in 3 days when all the stuff shows up, use the suppo adapters, make sure there tight and don't go over anybodys head till i get these next week. i'm not sure of any other graupner dealers that carry em. You could try searching the upc or model number on the web and see if they pop up anywhere

kloner

Aerial DP
you got it,,,, i'd expect a week from tomorrow, but sometimes v-east lags,,,,, hard...... you can do that when you got what everybody wants

F450

awesome, can't wait for you to get them :) Have a good night, I'm off to bed 1:30 AM over here on the east coast.

tstrike

pendejo grande
you got it,,,, i'd expect a week from tomorrow, but sometimes v-east lags,,,,, hard...... you can do that when you got what everybody wants

I ordered a set plus one on Tuesday night after trying to mount the supplied suppo prop adapters. What crappy adapters, not one would sit at the same level as the others and one snapped off while snugging down on the graup. V-east has quite the scam going with their overpriced shipping charges AND they add on a "service" charge to boot! Cost more to ship 5 bolts ground than the bolts cost, fifteen dollars to buy, fifteen dollars to ship, 4.50 for the privilege of giving them business, rip off! First and LAST time I order anything from that outfit!

kloner

Aerial DP
next time hit me up....... When there in stock i buy as many as possible at a time. it's my only game i got for these motors. 8 of the 13 i got are going to austrailia,,, now 4 to him, i got 1,,,,, but i got 3 so i'll be able to get flying, just no spares, again

props i always get from gothelirc,,,, the shipping is cheap and fast, no bs, just like a usual transaction

if you've ever ordered from a german company like this or vario or helicommand, you'd get where my hate for the way they do business comes from. I got banned form support for a helicommand HC3X,,,,,, it had to go back to germany the day i got it from Esprit,,, they wanted to charge me for the upgrade, i was thinking ok, then they told me the only way theyd do it was with wire transfer form my bank, no cc, no paypal,,,,, i flipped out and told em what i thought of there crap. my hidden purchase from my wife was gonna get expossed, F that

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
This is why we charge a very minimal shipping charge and most of the time we loose money on shipping charge if the order is too big. But that's ok, because customer is happy. Because I fly RC and has order parts from other shop for many years. I know how it feel to wait for parts. So we always ship same day even if we have to drive to the post 3 times a day.

:)

tstrike

pendejo grande
You guys are the best at getting orders out fast! Plus you always throw in a little something extra, that tells me what you think about your customers.

tstrike

pendejo grande
What company is Garret with, Altitude? They also ship fast but after these suppos go I'm back to Ipowers for cheap motors. Collet prop adapters suck balls.
Here's an example of how fast Gotheli ships-ordered a set of props at around 2 in the afternoon, they showed up in the mail the next morning!

kloner

Aerial DP
one time i ordered props from lou at like 4pm and they were here the next day..... wtf, how'd he do that

yes, altitude is garret

that's the only real part about out of the box the suppos lack, but there power and reliability is second to none in this price range. If you didn't get rapped for shipping from v-east, they work out to the exact same price, except the graupner stuff is made for graupner props. T, i'll send you some nylocks for em, you need anything else to get this thing going? got a bag of 500 from mc master carr. I've never even taken the parts bag with collet, backplate out of the package, litteraly got like 20 of em sitting here...... Everytime you see me mention these motors, you'll see it's followed by "the only problem is you need the grupner prop adapters...... I think i got garret talked into stocking them for us.... that'll make them an easier sale

wish ipower made a 900kv 28mm motor. Garret is working on another brand he showed me last night,,,,, they might be even better, we'll see

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Thanks man but I've got oodles of nylocks, it's what I use on my Ipowers. The prop screws will get here one day, until then I'll entertain myself by terrorizing the dogs with my champ, back to basics yo!

Garret H

one time i ordered props from lou at like 4pm and they were here the next day..... wtf, how'd he do that

yes, altitude is garret

that's the only real part about out of the box the suppos lack, but there power and reliability is second to none in this price range. If you didn't get rapped for shipping from v-east, they work out to the exact same price, except the graupner stuff is made for graupner props. T, i'll send you some nylocks for em, you need anything else to get this thing going? got a bag of 500 from mc master carr. I've never even taken the parts bag with collet, backplate out of the package, litteraly got like 20 of em sitting here...... Everytime you see me mention these motors, you'll see it's followed by "the only problem is you need the grupner prop adapters...... I think i got garret talked into stocking them for us.... that'll make them an easier sale

wish ipower made a 900kv 28mm motor. Garret is working on another brand he showed me last night,,,,, they might be even better, we'll see

They actually do have a 2212 in 930kv and a 2215 in 850kv as well as a 2217 in 880kv. However, they come with the smaller wire length -- we only sell their multicopter series that comes with the long wires. We've held off carrying their other sizes because we haven't been real impressed with the bearing quality on the ones we have. They are a powerful and smooth motor, but we've gotten reports of the bearings going out after about 40 flights. The Suppo bearings are top of the line....definitely can't be beat for the price.

Garret

kloner

Aerial DP
the suppo fly great. only trouble i've had was with ones i've crashed onto...... i'm not sure if garret stocks parts or not, but you can buy everything inside a suppo. bearings, shafts, the 2217 they offer has a pair of bearings on teh prop side stacked. They don't seem to cut corners considering the price. If you goto rcgroups and hang around the foam plane guys, you'd see alot of thumbs up........

we just need to get readily available prop adapters that are MR friendly for em. A clip for the bottom would be nice, but i'm fine drillin out arms

kloner

Aerial DP
this video starts out on 9" when it was light and on the main river, but then when were around the houses at sunset, it was switched to 8"..... with 9's i was getting the part at the very end when it zips over a sand bar and i punch the throttle, does that wiggle, that's the too much power for this airframe thing i got going on. these discovery frames are so thin i think they flex or let the arms flex, never saw it on any of my homemade frames. I threw my gopro into the water after being there for 1.5 days so my filming got cut short. That rig depends on gopro for me to fpv

F450

wow that was an interesting wiggle at 6:59 in the video, so the airframe flexing was causing the wobble? Do you think maybe it was just a small gust of wind?

F450

hey kloner i was watching some of your other videos like this one:

You made a comment on flight times "4S 3000mah it gets 7-8 minutes, 6000 mah flies 14-15 minutes. it has graupner 9x5"

I'm making a guess here, would a 5000mah 4S and 8" Graupners get around 10 min flight time with 1900 - 2200grams weight?