F450 at 1900 grams, getting hot, should I swap motors?

F450

OMG SWEET SPOT!!! :) Where is the suppo guy? Need to know if I get them without having to solder.

kloner

Aerial DP
they have a 5-6 & 8mm bore on em, to use the 8mm you use a drill and bail the smaller section.... i have a thread in the dji forum on it..... search "8 & 9 prep"

one other thing i just remembered, the bottoms of suppo have a big aluminum thing with set screws. You gotta drill out your arms for the thing to fit down in. I think it's 3/8" drill, biggest drill usually for the small drill. You also only use 2 of the bolt holes. I've been like that for hundreds of flights, no problems. Almost everybody using bigger motors on dji use only 2 bolts, they put a whimpy motor bolt spacing thing on us

F450

I might as well just upgrade now to 8" Graupner props, 4S lipo, with suppos motors. Gotta find me a good 4S lipo with a deans plug. I'm thinking 40C minimum, don't know how much mah I need for good flight times.

F450

I got plenty of drill bits :) I also have a prop reamer. Although it takes forever to make enlarge holes with it.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's where your gonna run into trouble, nobody sell lipos with deans that im aware of. They threated to sue everybody last year and there all on ther eown now..... you need a solder gun and need to learn the hobby. They have little pencil irons at hardware/tool stores for $5.... weller guns are $30..... it's gonna come up over and over playing with hobby grade stuff, they expect you to do it, labor of love kinda thing

Garret H

OMG SWEET SPOT!!! :) Where is the suppo guy? Need to know if I get them without having to solder.

Right here! Kloner PM'd me and said you were looking at these motors. The iPowers do come with bullets pre-soldered; the Suppos do not, but we can solder them on for you. We normally don't do it, but I'd be happy to help you out. Send us an email if you have more questions: altitudehobbies@gmail.com

Thanks,
Garret

F450

cool, might have to watch some youtube videos on how to solder :) By the way I emailed the suppo guy and he's helping me out :)

kloner

Aerial DP
Cool... the trick to deans is to solder them plugged together. keeps anything people hate about deans from happening. There is a tool called "helping hand" for soldering, look it up

Lou i'll be by to spend some money in the next day or so.........

kloner

Aerial DP
by the way, i bought all the graupner prop adapters they had in stock today. if you need four, i'll sell em for what i paid. the big kicker is shipping, they get me for $22 whether it's a prop adapter or 8 props and 12 adapters. $5 of it is a straight handling charge.

If you need props, Lou has great deals and ships fast

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=156&cat=Graupner+Props

and your motors come with prop adapters, i've just never tried using them. They compress on with the prop bolt instead of having grub screws on the motors shaft.

F450

kloner thanks for me helping me out, I'm so glad I found this forum today, this is a great community!!!

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
We have all the Graupner in stock now and both 5 and 6mm aluminum clear anodize adapter... custom made from us. :)

2.30 for First Class and 5.95 for Priority mail as usual.

PS: a few solder joint isn't a problem with us. I have a 400watts soldering station.

kloner

Aerial DP
if you use the prop adapters that come with the suppos, your 8" graupners go straight onto the adpters that come with the motors. There 5 or 6mm....... no adapters he's talking about

if you get the v-east ones form me, you wouldn't need any adapters either, just have to completely ream out the 8" graupner to fit.

kloner

Aerial DP
harbour freight has a product number 66463 by drill master that i prefer over those you quoted form me, it's deeper int he thread somewere. its a stepless step drill. Just drilled four props that came in today from gotheli and were installed on motors i got from garret

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-stepless-drill-bits-66463.html

took a minute to blast out all four, then i still hit the top with a countersink to clean up the junk

F450

I remember you said "the stock suppo adapters aren't much for multirotor use" :)

I don't have a countersink, which one should I get?