Aeronavics / Droidworx DroidWorx Completed Builds

droidworx

Grrrr. Now seeing this makes it harder to wait :). Nice looking XM-6. Is the XM-6 configurable to + and x? Looks like the front booms are in v shape.
Here's my ADX-4.

That's gorgeous Nic! Love the deco on the booms! Yes - XMs and new SkyJibs have multiple orientation options - here the XM6 in +:

View attachment 6564

Attachments

• XM6-plus.jpg
    XM6-plus.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 376

droidworx

hahahahaha it means you're still anewb on the forums....the more you post, the quicker it changes ;)

Linda, is there extra vibration dampening available for the SJ8 series? I had so many bits left from my build that I'm scared I might have left something off ;)

Ross

Haha - alright then - better keep posting... got me worried for a moment! :tennis:

Re. vibration dampening on SkyJib V1 - the default dampening is achieved through rubber vibration dampening pads between the polycarbonate gear rail brackets and the center plate... The frame comes standard with quite a few spares and you've had some upgrades as well so probably not to worry too much about left-overs... If you're worried maybe better check the build manual though to make sure...? :)

hjls3

I absolutely LOVE this AD6. AV130, Axi, Plush 40, Naza w GPS (works great for my needs). I worked my way up too it (with a bunch of help from Patrick) and now that I have it, I am fully addicted to Droidworx. SkyJib Lite with Z15 - next :).

Sorry but I cant seem to figure out how to post a bigger pic right in the post. Will edit if someone can help me out :)

View attachment 6567

Attachments

• IMG_6354.jpg
    IMG_6354.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 493

droidworx

I absolutely LOVE this AD6. AV130, Axi, Plush 40, Naza w GPS (works great for my needs). I worked my way up too it (with a bunch of help from Patrick) and now that I have it, I am fully addicted to Droidworx. SkyJib Lite with Z15 - next :).

Sorry but I cant seem to figure out how to post a bigger pic right in the post. Will edit if someone can help me out :)

View attachment 8611

Thanks so much!! She's beautiful...!!

Ps. - Did you guys notice I'm a "Pilot Extraordinaire" now?? :nevreness::nevreness:

Macsgrafs

Haha - alright then - better keep posting... got me worried for a moment! :tennis:

Re. vibration dampening on SkyJib V1 - the default dampening is achieved through rubber vibration dampening pads between the polycarbonate gear rail brackets and the center plate... The frame comes standard with quite a few spares and you've had some upgrades as well so probably not to worry too much about left-overs... If you're worried maybe better check the build manual though to make sure...? :)

That would be a great idea Linda, I have this black tubing that I'm not sure where it really should go, so never used it...but i think it might go on the arms between the clamps?

Ross

jrlederer

Anyone happen to have ions of the plastic fittings that secure one of the crash cage 'legs' to the frame? It sorta looks like half of an H but imagine the horizontal line being 50% longer past the vertical line at each end:

. | . |
--------

Im not sure how I managed to misplace one of the 8, but I did just that!

Thanks,

Jonathan

P.s. now that I think about it, I have another minor issue that hopefully some can help me out with regarding the retracts that I have for my SJ8: in order to provide proper clearance for the Cinestar gimbal and kopterworx adaptor plate, I needed to add extensions to the standard legs. My only problem is that now the plastic halves that constitute the joints of the retractable landing gear now don't fit all he way around the metal extension bits and so appears that maybe I need to drill an m3 sized hole through the extensions so that I can forcefully screw them in, as right now they are basically held into position by friction (though I have to say a respectable amount of friction, but still....)

Thanks again and nice day to all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks so much!! She's beautiful...!!

Ps. - Did you guys notice I'm a "Pilot Extraordinaire" now?? :nevreness::nevreness:

Aye Up lass maybe I should change it to "Lady Pilot Extraordinarye"

Funny know one has picked up on that! ;-)

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone happen to have ions of the plastic fittings that secure one of the crash cage 'legs' to the frame? It sorta looks like half of an H but imagine the horizontal line being 50% longer past the vertical line at each end:

. | . |
--------

Thanks,

Jonathan

P.s. now that I think about it, I have another minor issue that hopefully some can help me out with regarding the retracts that I have for my SJ8: in order to provide proper clearance for the Cinestar gimbal and kopterworx adaptor plate, I needed to add extensions to the standard legs. My only problem is that now the plastic halves that constitute the joints of the retractable landing gear now don't fit all he way around the metal extension bits and so appears that maybe I need to drill an m3 sized hole through the extensions so that I can forcefully screw them in, as right now they are basically held into position by friction (though I have to say a respectable amount of friction, but still....)

Hi Johnathon, does Kopterworx not have a solution for the issue. Not sure there are that many on here with a DW/CS set up.

Dave

nicwilke

This morning, I was tidying up some wiring during breakfast. My only child, Nina (2 year old) finished her WeetBix, and asked to hop down from her high chair.
She's always 'helps' me when I sit at the kitchen table tinkering and working on my Droidworx. She calls it 'Daddas Chopper'.... Very cute indeed. Anyway, I'm nearing completion of my tinkering this morning on the flight controller, and I go to put the canopy on. "Um, wheres the canopy?"
I turn around and saw Nina with it. She looked up and said "I'm Daddas chopper"... LOL and started making a bee noise. What a great little helper I have.
View attachment 6576

Attachments

• Ninaworx.jpg
    Ninaworx.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 424

Macsgrafs

This morning, I was tidying up some wiring during breakfast. My only child, Nina (2 year old) finished her WeetBix, and asked to hop down from her high chair.
She's always 'helps' me when I sit at the kitchen table tinkering and working on my Droidworx. She calls it 'Daddas Chopper'.... Very cute indeed. Anyway, I'm nearing completion of my tinkering this morning on the flight controller, and I go to put the canopy on. "Um, wheres the canopy?"
I turn around and saw Nina with it. She looked up and said "I'm Daddas chopper"... LOL and started making a bee noise. What a great little helper I have.
View attachment 8621

Wait until she starts potty training ;) ;) ;) guess daddy wont be needing that canopy after all :)

Ross

droidworx

View attachment 8621

That is the cutest thing ever!!! Can you not send me a high res of that for the image gallery? :nevreness:

droidworx

. | . |
--------

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hey Jonathan! Did you not receive Lucy's email? Just need your address again and we'll pop you one in the mail... :tennis: Good to 'see' you... Can't help you much with your other question - M3 force sounds good to me!

droidworx

That would be a great idea Linda, I have this black tubing that I'm not sure where it really should go, so never used it...but i think it might go on the arms between the clamps?

Ross

Truly got no idea what you might be referring too! :) Did you have a look in the manual...? Pic would do too and I can tell you where it's supposed to go...

Macsgrafs

Truly got no idea what you might be referring too! :) Did you have a look in the manual...? Pic would do too and I can tell you where it's supposed to go...

Looked at the manual...so much better than the original...in fact 500% better, very clear & I love the layout, congrats to who ever done that.
I will find the bits I have left & take some photos to post on here Linda, thanks for the help ;)

Ross

ROVguy

Grrrr I so want one of these beauties!!! I hate having to work my way up to one, but can't quite justify having one yet, (ie getting it past the missus) quote "we need to start saving for the wedding" ....bummer :( Still she is 'letting' me have £1500 to get a small f450. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess.

Langdale

Have you thought about putting it on your wedding list? Tell her you would get more pleasure out of this than a washing machine.

Peter

ROVguy

Lol Erm no. I don't think we are doing wedding present lists and I can just imagine the reaction at that suggestion! Not pretty! Lol