Aeronavics / Droidworx DroidWorx Completed Builds

hjls3

Nicwilke - im jealous, do you already have Xm-6? Love that frame, constantly drooling over it online. The XOARs are 12". I had a quick flight with no payload after dinner. Seemed real solid. I will give them a go with the DSLR underneath tomorrow. Honestly, and I hate to admit this (normally i subscribed to not messing with something that is working good), I had no complaints about the APC's, they were really nice, smooth, a bit forgiving and everything I was looking for. However, I have always wanted a rig with wood props - I just had to try them out - so far so good.

I've got gemfan 13x4.5's for my XM-6. Would love to hear how the Xoar props go. Are they also 12's

nicwilke

Nicwilke - im jealous, do you already have Xm-6? Love that frame, constantly drooling over it online. The XOARs are 12". I had a quick flight with no payload after dinner. Seemed real solid. I will give them a go with the DSLR underneath tomorrow. Honestly, and I hate to admit this (normally i subscribed to not messing with something that is working good), I had no complaints about the APC's, they were really nice, smooth, a bit forgiving and everything I was looking for. However, I have always wanted a rig with wood props - I just had to try them out - so far so good.

Oh, sorry, don't have it yet, still a fortnight away I'd say. It's a 4 week wait.
Can't wait to build it.

Efliernz

Pete
VM-6 with 355mm arms - modified for X6 configuration.
Hoverfly Pro controller.
Sunnysky 2814/11 Motors
Plush 40A esc's
11x4.7SF APC or 10.5x6(narrow-blade) for windy conditions.

147137697.jpg

146982203.jpg

Pete

Efliernz

Pete
It is a standard option... 310 or 355 for a few more $. When they first built the new website (when we ordered ours), not all options were shown.

Prop choice - My mate with me yesterday (Stacky) had his diy hexa and it was the same size as mine with the same motors and FC - just 400g more weight. He was using the new Tgy 13x6.5 woods like yours (they do look awesome) but my machine handled the wind much better with the narrow blades. Just something to consider with yours - although neither of us will try "good" videoing in 20-30K winds ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
I like the orientation of the X6. This is an option on the XM-6... just not a "factory" option for the VM-6.

The VM-6 (+) & VM-8 (+) u/c attaches to long bolts under the front and rear arm boom clamps. The VM-4 X-quad has additional aluminium stand-outs that go between the two center hub plates specifically for the u/c mounting. I got some extra stand-outs from Rob & Linda and drilled two pairs of holes to suit.
The + shaped FC plate then didn't line up so I drilled another 4 holes in the top round hub-plate. No stress-out ;) Just an extra hour or two of planing / aligning / drilling :D

Checkout #3 on my build blog for photos... http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?6766-Pete-s-VM-6-Hexa-build-blog

Pete

Efliernz

Pete
I got the first VM out of the shop so I gave recommendations for the manual as well as photos / diagrams of my alterations (I write technical manuals and train techie staff in my full-time telecomms job). I hope they do make changes but they were really busy with the new range and there were a heap of premade parts already. I suspect my email may have been glanced over... They havent been on here much lately.

Pete

jrlederer

I feel retarded for asking because I've basically got it built in about 30 minutes, bust just want to verify my assumptions regarding the build manual, if one exists, detailing construction of the baby version -- I mean mini-6 by Droidworx. Looks very cool for just a toy, but it seem as though I'm short a few small parts, unless I've just made incorrect assumptions as to which parts go where. Anyone been able to locate the manual for this?

Thanks

droidworx

I feel retarded for asking because I've basically got it built in about 30 minutes, bust just want to verify my assumptions regarding the build manual, if one exists, detailing construction of the baby version -- I mean mini-6 by Droidworx. Looks very cool for just a toy, but it seem as though I'm short a few small parts, unless I've just made incorrect assumptions as to which parts go where. Anyone been able to locate the manual for this?

Thanks

Hey Jonathan! For some reason the build manual for the Mini's disappeared from our website - no idea how that happened! It was the first one we had ready and uploaded of the new series... :shame: I'll ask Claudia to upload it tomorrow morning first thing... You probably think you might be missing some spacers am I right? There are no spacers used in certain places like on the engine mounts because these need to clamp a tad further... the build manual will explain all... Sorry about that!

droidworx

I got the first VM out of the shop so I gave recommendations for the manual as well as photos / diagrams of my alterations (I write technical manuals and train techie staff in my full-time telecomms job). I hope they do make changes but they were really busy with the new range and there were a heap of premade parts already. I suspect my email may have been glanced over... They havent been on here much lately.

Pete

Hey Pete!

Claudia our graphic designer and creator of the build manuals had a well deserved Holiday of two weeks but came back on deck again today... We had the blank pages removed straight away when you sent the email, but besides this you said the build manual was complete...? There wasn't any information missing...?

Regarding your manual mod to turn it into an "x" configuration - this is of course something we can add as a tip - but we have given you parts in support of this that are not normally included in the kit. Maybe we can indicate in the manual that when people want to turn it into this configuration they can contact us so we can offer them the extra parts and further instruction.

If there was anything actually missing in the manual please let us know and Claudia will be onto it... Thanks a lot!

Re. absence on the forum... guilty! Sorry about that - just been flat out catching up with order dispatch. We are now delivering according schedule and are fully organized and up to speed. Crew has done an amazing job working 6 days a week to get to this point so we had a little celebration today.

Today also we assembled/built upgrade packages for AD and VM - these will be available in the shop in a couple of days. Furthermore we have been to the Big Boys Toys in Auckland this weekend - the new SkyJib was in action here with the HeliShot crew catching some amazing - and SUPER smooth - video... Will post a little compilation they produced on our site in the next day or two...

Cheers to all!
Linda

Cheers to all and many thanks!

Efliernz

Pete
Linda

I wasn't picking on you guys! I know how busy you have been.
The manual was great. I was just concerned that blank pages make people think that they were missing out on something! The machine was a dream to build and it rocks :D
I appreciated the parts... especially since I was being awkward... The mod to X is easy with the purchase of the extra standouts - so a simple note might be good.

I have been testing the VM-6 in 30Km winds and it was awesome. I'm testing my diy mount and it looks promising. I've had a heap of feedback over the photos of the VM-6. It simply looks right.

Keep up the great work.

Pete

droidworx

Linda

I wasn't picking on you guys! I know how busy you have been.
The manual was great. I was just concerned that blank pages make people think that they were missing out on something! The machine was a dream to build and it rocks :D
I appreciated the parts... especially since I was being awkward... The mod to X is easy with the purchase of the extra standouts - so a simple note might be good.

I have been testing the VM-6 in 30Km winds and it was awesome. I'm testing my diy mount and it looks promising. I've had a heap of feedback over the photos of the VM-6. It simply looks right.

Keep up the great work.

Pete

None taken Pete! Just thought you might have had some additional suggestions I had missed! We'll be changing the center plates in time (next round) - meanwhile your mod is helpful for people and we'll certainly make the option available. Let me tell you btw (and everyone else here) - you were great fun and always welcome to come and visit! I wouldn't call you awkward at all! Unusual maybe... maybe weird... - let's call it 'unique'... Haha - just kiddin'... Cheers! :tennis:

droidworx

None taken Pete! Just thought you might have had some additional suggestions I had missed! We'll be changing the center plates in time (next round) - meanwhile your mod is helpful for people and we'll certainly make the option available. Let me tell you btw (and everyone else here) - you were great fun and always welcome to come and visit! I wouldn't call you awkward at all! Unusual maybe... maybe weird... - let's call it 'unique'... Haha - just kiddin'... Cheers! :tennis:

I see I do sound a bit crossed or miffed - truly I wasn't! I promise - I wasn't!