Aeronavics / Droidworx DroidWorx Completed Builds

plingboot

Attachments

• DWY6.jpg
    DWY6.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 525

plingboot

Are you using 710 or 770kv Tmotors? Are they 1150 Graupner props? What is the AUW and Flight time. Sorry for the questions, it's a seriously cool Y6 and I'd be interested to know. Cheers.

800kV torxpower motors, 11" prop, but do use 10" as well, AUW with 2 x 4000mAh lipo 3.2kg, my happy/safe flight time 7:30, run to lipo alarm 12:00.

nicwilke

800kV torxpower motors, 11" prop, but do use 10" as well, AUW with 2 x 4000mAh lipo 3.2kg, my happy/safe flight time 7:30, run to lipo alarm 12:00.

Wow. My ADX-4 X8 is exactly 5kg with a Sony NEX-5n and 2x 5000nAh lipos. I'm wondering what I've done wrong to be so massive over (2 motors cannot weigh 1.8kg?)
I'm happy to go hexa in a month for sure.

ROVguy

Maybe the additional weight in the batteries is enough to make it that heavy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrPelican

The Motors are AXI 2814/22 (with the foil logo strips removed) using Graupner 11/5 on the top motor and APC 13/6.5 on the bottom running both at the same gas levels.

This reduces any air binding between blades (if both props are the same) but still induces the counter rotation gyro effect for stability. Basically the top prop and motor delivers the air the lower prop and motor which does the majority of the lifting.

The booms and hub are from and 8 (Okto).

Regards, Greg

MrPelican

For myself - the weight, and additional drag would be the first two issues. Its purpose, I am unclear of, other than to protect wires and add colour?

With multi rotor, weight (where ever you can reduce it) is at a must.

Greg

nicwilke

For myself - the weight, and additional drag would be the first two issues. Its purpose, I am unclear of, other than to protect wires and add colour?

With multi rotor, weight (where ever you can reduce it) is at a must.

Greg

I never received boots for my driodworx and when I had a small crash, the motor mount pushed up the boom 5cm and caused the pulling of wires from a motor, destroying a $70 motor. My next build will have all the protection supplied put on it. Plus, it looks awesome.

MrPelican

5cm is about 2 inches or the length of a thumb. I don't think that a incident with that force and movement would be saved by the motor boot. But in the interim it will have the factory look, and displays as designed.

nicwilke

nikwilke.. what FC are u using?

Dave
Dave, I'm using a ZeroTech YS-X6, 16 waypoint version with 900mhz data link. The gimbal stabilizer works, but only for hobby-grade stabilization, so have the PH Skyline.
Flight characteristics are similar to DJI, but I think the YS has it over the WKM with smoothness. For filming, I have my flight speed (in GPS autohover mode) set at 4m/sec which really helps with footage. I dont really use the YS features with a phone or tablet much. I'm only using the Tx features, but will certainly use the target lock gps position with my next job.
I like the YS as it handles descents really well (little prop wash shake)
See from 55sec in this video, the shadow of my droidworx x8 hardly wobbles. This is 0% thottle, it'll descend smoothly at its own pace with little to no wobble.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

5cm is about 2 inches or the length of a thumb. I don't think that a incident with that force and movement would be saved by the motor boot. But in the interim it will have the factory look, and displays as designed.
The boom forced itself into soft soil, moving the engine mount up the shaft 5cm. This in turn pulled the wires taut, and pulled the copper wires from the motor.
The motor boot would have prevented the motor mount from being shoved up the boom in this accident, hence why they are made. If you are a snow skier, you'd know what the basket does when you stick your ski pole into the snow, this is the same for a crash in my instant.

hjls3

Much loved AD6 got some new props. Will give them a go tomorrow. Previously running 12" APC, and quite frankly - I liked them. Just had to try these though :)

View attachment 7018

Attachments

• IMG_3634.jpg
    IMG_3634.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 413