DJI WKM Firmware 5.12 Update

apeman88

That video is from a user and not from the MK guys so no... It should not be done indoors with fluorescent lights... Wires in the wall and that metal framed table. Should be done outside not even on concrete as it has rebar inches below the surface. I normally do it on grass or on a wood picnic table with my cell phone, watch and radio 10ft away.

Ken

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
I had a fairly lengthy discussion with my WKM dealer back when I was going to calibrate the first time as each video & manufacturer seems to show something different.
Here is the way I do it and it was explained to me.
1. Enter Compass calibration mode by rapidly switching fight control mode switch several times. Wait a few seconds, the LED will turn blue constant.
2. Rotate the aircraft horizonally (flat to ground). Slowly to make a complete 360 degree circle, Center of the circle is a straight line through the center of the compass.
3. When the circle reaches 360 degrees, the LED will turn green constant.
4. Position aircraft so nose (front) is pointing down to the ground. Slowly rotate aircraft in a 360 degree circle along it's front to back centerline.
5. When the circle reaches 360 degrees, the LED will turn white.
6. Place aircraft on ground. Wait a few seconds. Power off aircraft.

As mentioned in several locations, I do this in the middle of a large field where I fly, away from buildings, metal etc., I even place my TX radio about 20' away while I do this.

It is very similar to what BorisS shows, but I do not dance, I just lean over the aircraft and do it in front of me.

View attachment 7027

kloner

Aerial DP
if the nose is down, does the compass rotate? if nose is to the side and rotated, the compass points at all 360 degrees

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Kloner,
I offered putting the aircraft on it's side (left "wing" down) to Robert at DJIUSA- now UAVPRODUCTS when I was talking this through. He instructed my to face nose down.
This is what I have done, as directed by Robert and my Aircraft is a rock solid flyer & GPS hold is rock solid.
During our discussion, I suggested to Robert that DJI make a video of the DJI "authorized" or "recommended" method as it appears to be an issue of confusion and many videos show diffferent methods.

Thanks,

MaNDoWn

Registered MR Crasher
Any news on other forums on the fix for the Octos?

5.12a was supposed to be out by now

Dave

My understand is it could be a day or two longer.
DJI seems to be doing everything they can to release a dependable and tested product.
Better to have it done right then just done! I know I am ok with the wait to have it done correctly.

Totally agree..

Perhaps we can appoint or self appoint few brave soul as a R & D for the mass..:) after all we are taking a risk on "evaluation" firmware.

If you are the "brave", it would be interesting if you video before and after flights? same flight pattern and settings? This would be good data to retain for historical reference.. just like this forum..:)

KS

My understand is it could be a day or two longer.
DJI seems to be doing everything they can to release a dependable and tested product.
Better to have it done right then just done! I know I am ok with the wait to have it done correctly.

CLAUDE258

Yes, I did it again today with the same results: a lot of wobbles when I am in failsafe (RTH). I went back to firmware 5.08 and everything is OK. I have an hexa (F550) with DJI motors and ESC. I dont know what is wrong here...

When u did your update did you default everything and then re enter all your settings.

quaddemon

Yes, I did it again today with the same results: a lot of wobbles when I am in failsafe (RTH). I went back to firmware 5.08 and everything is OK. I have an hexa (F550) with DJI motors and ESC. I dont know what is wrong here...

Hi
where to find fw 5.08, please?
Regards
Pierluigi

I am losing patience with this. I uploaded the new stuff and crashed my Octo for the firat time.
Now I am trying to "upgrade" to 5.12a and it will not accept: something like "authentication" failed, wrong software.
How TF do I downgrade to something that works? Anyone know? Earlier versions are just not there.

DaveM

I am losing patience with this. I uploaded the new stuff and crashed my Octo for the firat time.
Now I am trying to "upgrade" to 5.12a and it will not accept: something like "authentication" failed, wrong software.
How TF do I downgrade to something that works? Anyone know? Earlier versions are just not there.

Did you try the upgrade with the new1.30a Assistant software ?

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/wkm/beta/WooKongMInstaller_1.30a.exe

Dave

snurre

Chris, I have the same problem:
View attachment 5268
And I am using the newly installed Assistant sw 1.30a. :upset:

Attachments

• versionsDoNotMatch.jpg
    versionsDoNotMatch.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 296

Aviator

And with 5.12 I nearly crashed your old one!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
has anyone got it loaded with an octo and has the twitching gone away?

Still see its a Beta! Also how may peeps saw the gimbal twitching as in the release note it says this is also fixed but I did not see any twitching on my AV130 with 400hz refresh rate.

Dave