DJI naza wobbling

paktazh

I just build a DJI Naza M Quad rotor and it wobble and cannot be controlled I thighten all the screw to make sure there is no vibration which i think there is not but still wobbling heavily some one suggested that it could be the gain does any one suggest anything else or a good gain setting my quad total weight is AUW 2kg using 17 in prop with 360kv Turnigy motor and Turigy 12 Amp ESC

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
17 inch props on a naza? sounds like an interesting set up. Probably your reason for wobbles.

While loose screws could result in vibration, they are not the most likely candidate. Have you balanced your props and motors?

Also, how are you mounting your Naza flight controller to your frame? How is your GPS puck mounted?

paktazh

While loose screws could result in vibration, they are not the most likely candidate. Have you balanced your props and motors?

Also, how are you mounting your Naza flight controller to your frame? How is your GPS puck mounted?

The GPS mounted in front of Naza but the naza is mounted on a carbon plate 3 inch above the fuselage so it is 3in up from the motors

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The GPS mounted in front of Naza but the naza is mounted on a carbon plate 3 inch above the fuselage so it is 3in up from the motors

Iseally the FC would be in the center, if only for human knack for incorrect measurements :) But if not, make sure you have the offsets programmed correctly. I know the GPS offset seemed opposite to the way I was thinking it would be.

On a side note, have you done any calculations to make sure those ESC will handle the current draw?

paktazh

Iseally the FC would be in the center, if only for human knack for incorrect measurements :) But if not, make sure you have the offsets programmed correctly. I know the GPS offset seemed opposite to the way I was thinking it would be.

On a side note, have you done any calculations to make sure those ESC will handle the current draw?

do u mean if the ESc is good for this motor ?

Ok.

Ideally, you should have the GPS mounted some distance away from the receiver and the Naza flight controller. I have mine atop a 6" folding mount (similar to http://www.rctimer.com/product_1030.html ) for example.

Which direction is the 'arrow' on your GPS puck pointing?

Also...what method are you using to fix the flight controller and GPS puck? Double-sided tape? Foam tape? Velcro? Etc, etc.

Also, have you balanced your propellers and motors?

tstrike

pendejo grande
Paktazh, what version naza, 1 or 2? Who built it, good solder joints all around? Are you using stock dji opto esc's? If not, have you calibrated whatever brand of esc's are on to your transmitter? What are your gains now in naza assist? Set them to default and start by lowering everything across the board by 10%. Does it get better or worse? If better, try lowering another 10%, when it starts to get bad, raise the gains by 5%, etc. If lowering the gains doesn't help, try raising by 10% across the board, trial and error friend.

also make sure to hit the "write" button after any changes you make in naza assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

paktazh

Naza V1
when the gain was to default it was not flying because of too much wobbles then i highered the gain then was flying for 5 min then suddenly was getting sever wobbling and was getting out of control and was crashing tomorrow i open it and will try to balanc them again

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

17" props on 2kgAUW I dont think you could get enough prop speed to get any stability with Naza. In my experience Naza is quite wobbly with all but smaller faster spinning props

nsscaver1

I think 17"is way over propped. My AUW is pushing 4 kilos and I only run 12" props with 650KV motors. Switching back and forth to manual there's no drop or rise in elevation so I think I'm about right. I may try 14s just for S and G's.

paktazh

17" props on 2kgAUW I dont think you could get enough prop speed to get any stability with Naza. In my experience Naza is quite wobbly with all but smaller faster spinning props

I seen lots of others have the same and flying with no problem
Also i need to connect my servo gimbal to a Octo copter that i already have beside this one and using Naza with that too and since all port of Naza are taken is there any other way to connect the gimbal may be may be S-bus or bypass connection

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker

Same thing I said, sadly it was ignored.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I seen lots of others have the same and flying with no problem
Also i need to connect my servo gimbal to a Octo copter that i already have beside this one and using Naza with that too and since all port of Naza are taken is there any other way to connect the gimbal may be may be S-bus or bypass connection

Would like to see some of these, maybe you can point them out to us? I bet they are probably using a WKM, how are you getting 17" props on a standard frame? you have to be using longer arms.

paktazh

Would like to see some of these, maybe you can point them out to us? I bet they are probably using a WKM, how are you getting 17" props on a standard frame? you have to be using longer arms.

the reason i made this is to get long flight time since using Lithium-ion battery one can get 85 to 129 min min of flying and they do use Naza take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GajlbrAkAK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKiJgvWxc9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv985o_aOI

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Interesting, so how about some specs on your unit, like the frame type I presume is carbon fiber? if so what thickness and what about the arms?. Is this a self build or a kit, if a kit what kit?.

Most of the time, if you notice a wobble is could be down to gains, maybe you could post a vid of the wobble. Is it a slow wobble or a fast wobble, does it do it when hovering or when descending/climbing/forward/side to side movement?

Wobbles could be frame induced if your arms are not mounted to a solid frame, hence the questions above. Certainly would like to see a video of the wobble, might help us out. Did you ever try to contact the guys in the videos for setup information?

Also, don't worry about the GPS questions, I have never seen a GPS cause a wobble. Toilet bowl effect maybe, from wrong declination on the compass but not a wobble.

One other question, does it do this in all modes? I.E. GPS/Atti/Man?

paktazh

Interesting, so how about some specs on your unit, like the frame type I presume is carbon fiber? if so what thickness and what about the arms?. Is this a self build or a kit, if a kit what kit?.

Most of the time, if you notice a wobble is could be down to gains, maybe you could post a vid of the wobble. Is it a slow wobble or a fast wobble, does it do it when hovering or when descending/climbing/forward/side to side movement?

Wobbles could be frame induced if your arms are not mounted to a solid frame, hence the questions above. Certainly would like to see a video of the wobble, might help us out. Did you ever try to contact the guys in the videos for setup information?

Also, don't worry about the GPS questions, I have never seen a GPS cause a wobble. Toilet bowl effect maybe, from wrong declination on the compass but not a wobble.

One other question, does it do this in all modes? I.E. GPS/Atti/Man?[/Q

I did contact them and waiting for an answer the frame is self made the wobbling comes suddenly after 5 min of flying and it happens in all modes and it start as fast wobble i just noticed that one of the 4 arm is one cm shorter i do not know if that be the cause but i would like to try different gains any gains that u suggest ?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If one of the arms is shorter you better fix that right now. No other issue is going to be solved if you have mismatched booms.

In the process of trying to optimize an MR design for maximum airtime, even ECalc cannot predict when inherent wobbles cannot be dialed with gains control.
Your's is simply a situation where the motors lack the necessary torque to respond fast enough to FC controls.
The motors lack the needed torque because the props are too large.
No FC can stay ahead of such a situation.
Examine this from the mindset of disc loading which correlates back to the fixed wing concept of wing loading.

I guess this is one of the reasons why RTF and ARF MRs are sold at a higher price...... i.e., they are properly engineered and tested before selling to the public.
The rest of us who are in to DIY bump up against this wobble issue from time to time.

I just build a DJI Naza M Quad rotor and it wobble and cannot be controlled I thighten all the screw to make sure there is no vibration which i think there is not but still wobbling heavily some one suggested that it could be the gain does any one suggest anything else or a good gain setting my quad total weight is AUW 2kg using 17 in prop with 360kv Turnigy motor and Turigy 12 Amp ESC

In the process of trying to optimize an MR design for maximum airtime, even ECalc cannot predict when inherent wobbles cannot be dialed with gains control.
Your's is simply a situation where the motors lack the necessary torque to respond fast enough to FC controls.
The motors lack the needed torque because the props are too large.
No FC can stay ahead of such a situation.
Examine this from the mindset of disc loading which correlates back to the fixed wing concept of wing loading.

Couldn't agree more..