DJI A2 Hands-on

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Boris .... at least you got something... with Spektrum I have been at it since 7am and just given up!

Found also they only support DX6 and DX8!!!! WTF! what use is a DX6?

Dave

yeah I guess there is still some FW work to do on that ! Was really happy about these pass through ports that the A2 offers but not a lot of use if only 8 port are supported.

Tahoe Ed

Droider, I have tried to link DSMX satellites and have not had success. I am using a JR9503 Tx. I am not sure where you got the impression that DJI only supported the DX6 and DX8. It looks like the DSM2 is the supported satellite Rx. However, I have been informed that the DMSX are compatible with DMS2. I have not been able to make that work yet.

Tahoe Ed

New firmware is now available. Assistant stays the same.

What is new?Receiver Firmware​
​
Support DSM2 satellite Receivers used with all SPEKTRUM Transmitters, e.g. DX6I DX7S DX8 DX18 etc., as well as JR Transmitters,e.g. DXS9II DXS11User Manual
​
Add the supported DSM2 Receivers and linking procedures
Add the descriptions of the control mode configuration in the Assistant software

roryhinds

Do you guys know if you can plug the BT LED into the CAN Bus connector on the GPS-COMPASS PRO?

The manual says you have to have the GPS connected to the IMU CAN Bus which is connected to CAN1 on the A2 and they talk about "Devices connected are none (not) interchangeable"
But they don't go into detail on this.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Droider, I have tried to link DSMX satellites and have not had success. I am using a JR9503 Tx. I am not sure where you got the impression that DJI only supported the DX6 and DX8. It looks like the DSM2 is the supported satellite Rx. However, I have been informed that the DMSX are compatible with DMS2. I have not been able to make that work yet.
It on their Wiki when you click on the help button in the error box

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
New firmware is now available. Assistant stays the same.

What is new?Receiver Firmware​
​
Support DSM2 satellite Receivers used with all SPEKTRUM Transmitters, e.g. DX6I DX7S DX8 DX18 etc., as well as JR Transmitters,e.g. DXS9II DXS11User Manual
​
Add the supported DSM2 Receivers and linking procedures
Add the descriptions of the control mode configuration in the Assistant software

I'll go check that out and send the new Futaba back if it works!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Boris you gone and shot yourself... I am pretty close to joining you if u have! Bloody DJI pants!

hexacop

HexaCop
I've got my A2 last week and mounted and configured it so far with my CX8 using Jeti RSAT2 RX.
Initially I had a older version of the receiver firmware and even the A2 recognized the receiver, the stick calibration etc. all was fine but it always reported a receiver connection error.
I have updated the RSAT to v3.11 firmware and since then the error did go away but it always comes back when I click to the Tools menu in the A2 assistant.
Can anyone of you confirm this behavior?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I've got my A2 last week and mounted and configured it so far with my CX8 using Jeti RSAT2 RX.
Initially I had a older version of the receiver firmware and even the A2 recognized the receiver, the stick calibration etc. all was fine but it always reported a receiver connection error.
I have updated the RSAT to v3.11 firmware and since then the error did go away but it always comes back when I click to the Tools menu in the A2 assistant.
Can anyone of you confirm this behavior?

Yes i can confirm this ! Also reported it to DJI. I wont fly until its not gone !

Boris

hexacop

HexaCop
Hexa, any thoughts comparing a2 with wkm?

Not seen any real difference yet, as long GPS is not working and as long the firmware does not support more than 8 channels for external PPM receivers it is not worth the extra money. And I won't swap my Jeti TX for any Spektrum system, even not for free!
So I guess I have got a brand new A2 to sell

leemann

Sorry just want to confirm the A2 isn't working correctly? Or just in some instances? some clarity would be great!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
just some instances and features that would be nice to have and that should be there already. About performance in generall i cant says anything yet, waiting for the PPM issue to be resolved which might not even be an issue just a false programming of the assitant. I dont want to risk it though !

In general though if it an absolute necessity to upgrade your wkms to A2 i would say no at the moment. If you are planning on buying a DJI FC, I would probably go for the A2

Boris

hexacop

HexaCop
Thanks and something about the GPS not working?
Right now when I switch to GPS the copter will fly very fast into a random direction. Even I have calibrated the compass several times in different places, have mounted it on different locations, it was not usable.
I'm getting a GPS replacement unit today, will let you know if that fixes the problem.

soler

Sorry just want to confirm the A2 isn't working correctly? Or just in some instances? some clarity would be great!

I think people have different experiences depending on their setup, I am using a Futaba Radio so for me there are no problems with the A2, flies superb and stable.