DJI A2 Hands-on

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Kloner, what's your thoughts on the Super X? This looks like a bit of a dark horse that could give the A2 / WKM a good run for the money. It seems very popular with those that have them but very few have used both the Super X and WKM so it would be great to hear your views once you have had a chance to test it.

kloner

Aerial DP
I have less than an hour with it so far and all tuning related, will be going to this as my main rig next season for reds so will be acquiring an opinion. The a2 and the superX feel a lot the same but the a2 has all the ground goodies, all the apple compatibility, polish. Really like the a2, but man it makes me nervous. I usually got $60k sitting in the sky, when the dji stuff used to get in wind, i'm standing there not touching a stick in wind wondering if it's gonna stay up there. it's so not a good feeling to have under that much pressure.

Anthem

I have less than an hour with it so far and all tuning related, will be going to this as my main rig next season for reds so will be acquiring an opinion. The a2 and the superX feel a lot the same but the a2 has all the ground goodies, all the apple compatibility, polish. Really like the a2, but man it makes me nervous. I usually got $60k sitting in the sky, when the dji stuff used to get in wind, i'm standing there not touching a stick in wind wondering if it's gonna stay up there. it's so not a good feeling to have under that much pressure.

Thanks for being honest, as I'm on the fence on getting the A2 to fly an FS700. $60k in the air and not feeling confident with a flight controller, you'll find me wearing depends :upset:.

Joepapa

I know how you feel, but the A2 is pretty amazing. The only thing I've found that helps me over the anxiety of reliability is more flight time. Let it prove itself to you, and the confidence will come. In windy conditions it does fight hard to hold its position, and although it can be unnerving, it's doing exactly what it is suppose to. Personally, any pro rig should be completely free of vibration, and if it is, there isn't any reason you should ever have a problem. No flight controller I've flown compares to the A2. Huge improvement over the WKM

kloner

Aerial DP
my wkm was horrible in wind, the a2 hangs in there pretty good....... it does the gentle lean and doesn't hunt around for a cm spot on the ground, it behaves like i remember the hfp but has gps that works and altitude hold that's extremely refined......

AirCamPro

A2 Update,
Since the release of the V1.2 we have had the EVO flying for many hours and we are VERY impressed. The stability in gusts is fantastic. We have lowered the Voltage warning to a silly 18V and installed a Voltage and current monitor (Jeti MUI200 EX) and use this as our warning. This works well. We are going to UPGRADE yes UPGRADE out fleet of multies to the A2 as we are happy it is now stable. Still not heard back from Dji which is disappointing considering we own 8X WKM 1X A2 2X ACE Wavepoints several EVOs all fully loaded to the max. Several Naza H and M.
Dji are doing a nice job but should communicate with there customers.

We are not willing to test the Low Voltage Alert again since the last disaster cost us over £3,000 in damages.
It is strange though because the RTH and Auto land works well.

AirCamPro

Oh I should mention we are going to fly the A2 off-sore in two days and are expecting high winds and gusts (Scotland) so will test the A2 to the MAX.
I will update with results.

AirCamPro

Yesterday we flew both the wookong m and the A2 off sore in VERY gusty winds.
The A2 held up VERY well, the Wookong was very impressive and done a very good job, but I have to say the A2 was superb.

Has anybody ever tried configuring either the Wookong or the A2 on a 8x prop H frame?
Can this be done since there is no opting in the assist software. I presume it must be possible in the Advanced motor config.

Thanks

tombrown1

I know how you feel, but the A2 is pretty amazing. The only thing I've found that helps me over the anxiety of reliability is more flight time. Let it prove itself to you, and the confidence will come. In windy conditions it does fight hard to hold its position, and although it can be unnerving, it's doing exactly what it is suppose to. Personally, any pro rig should be completely free of vibration, and if it is, there isn't any reason you should ever have a problem. No flight controller I've flown compares to the A2. Huge improvement over the WKM

Please elaborate. From reading in this thread it appears that A2 is better in wind than WKM. Why else do you like it better?

Thanks,

TB

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yesterday we flew both the wookong m and the A2 off sore in VERY gusty winds.
The A2 held up VERY well, the Wookong was very impressive and done a very good job, but I have to say the A2 was superb.

Has anybody ever tried configuring either the Wookong or the A2 on a 8x prop H frame?
Can this be done since there is no opting in the assist software. I presume it must be possible in the Advanced motor config.

Thanks

Post the pics then.. May be some video of your work. Love to see your A2 flying off shore..

OBTw welcome to MRF tell use more about your self in the new members section,

Enjoy the forum

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: