Tau Labs CC3D release!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
no, the countdown was to announce the revolution is coming. It is announcing it's capabilities over the next 5 days to see how many people are interested or something. Theres a thread there about it. kickstarter board thing is the people buying them funding a cc3d build. Takes 2 months but you'll get one cheaper than when we bought the first batch. kickstarter is a private lender that funds projects, in this case, tag your it. order one, you'll get one of the origionals before there all made from cheap chineese components by some kid

this is the part about the project that doesn't make sense to me. they're developing a product knowing full well that it will be pirated by someone with no intent of living up to any of the merits of the original developers.

what if someone wanted to take it private? would the project people be up for that? Maybe licensing it to one manufacturer with something going to charity or something?

kloner

Aerial DP
I don't think the code and software interface is part of that licensing, it is purely the board and it's makeup/components that's licensed to be copied. like kk, i can get them from 50 different manufacturers, all kinds of colors, but some are actually made by kk...... open source, i don't get it, but will play with it till it eats models

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm cut from the same cloth, i want to believe everyone is basically good so i commend the OP crew for trying to do what they're trying to do. i'd hate to see their creation go to hell though so I'm compelled to hope for a good outcome. maybe I just don't understand but if there are good manufacturers and bad ones, some people are bound to get stuff from the bad ones and they'll be burned.

i'm not trying to bash OP, just discussing the model they're following.

Stacky

The countdown is going to help build numbers wanting the Revolution so I really hope they have thought of that and are able to produce enough boards for the demand they are creating.

mailman35

wasnt the OP motor, built by pilots for pilots? and now they sell it out to the lowest bidding manufacturing house?

any word on if there will be other batches coming out( i havent had time to read up on it all as of yet)

kloner

Aerial DP
for real? the kickstarter package there offering now is still for sale...... that's a batch of em from op

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

i.php

i.php

pretty cool little gig

Tahoe Ed

Kloner, mine will be here tomorrow via Long Beach thanks to Sandy. I was actually a little disappointed seeing the push for Revo right after selling out the CC3D. It is like sell on the come and then promise more with the next version. I applaud the project and have friends that swear by them but I still like my Naza with GPS. I am hoping that OP delivers with the hype. There is a lot of it surrounding the Revo.

kloner

Aerial DP
my understanding is cc3d is refined, revo, not so much. we'll see. revo and there osd sounds like a complete package......

Tahoe Ed...I'm one of the core members over at OP. I think you should look at the Revo as a separate thing completely to the CC3D. The Revo kickstarter we are doing is an invite to people who want to participate in the development of the Revo. It really should not be for people that want to get up and fly right away.

Tahoe Ed

LemaLife,

I thought that the CC3D Kickstarter was different from the Revo. If the Hype is to generate preorders for the Revo for Kickstarter funding then say so. I purchased a CC3D because I have many friends that like them. Since I have never had one, one of the few FC's that I haven't purchased, I decided to take the plunge. I may be interested in the Revo if it comes with a functional GPS

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

LemaLife,

There numerous claims concerning capabilities of the REVO. If they are true, they are are not hype. But they remain to be proven.

Stacky

Lemalife, I hadnt seen the kickstarter for the revo, sounds like a good way to resolve the manufacturing volume issue, hope it works out well.

Kilby

I got mine installed and updated while waiting for hurricane sandy to blow through. This is the second time I've built a quad during a hurricane. So far so good, but I haven't done anything more than a test hover in the garage. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to take it out to the flying field with the FPV gear and give it a proper testing.