XAircraft Align M480 & SuperX left drift while on GPS & Attitude mode

fltundra

Funny you mentioned the string I did that last night and the intersection is dead over the arrow on the flight controller. And the position of the align fc is in the location where i have the io.
I would swap the IO and FC like traxx has it if drift is still there after you unplug the GPS.

here is today efforts did a new dance same right drift, unhooked the gps and in altitude mode still drifting. Move the fc to where align had theirs and was hands free for about a min. then went for the toilet bowl . Tried adjusting gain a little but not much help , here is updated log file.
http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_05_14_193131.750_9.1.08.25
and picture of new setup.

Attachments

• 20150514_202850_resized.jpg
    20150514_202850_resized.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 216

here is a couple pic I was able to take for the 1 min of joy .

Attachments

• 20150514_201612_resized.jpg
    20150514_201612_resized.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 20150514_201704_resized.jpg
    20150514_201704_resized.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 247

fltundra

Your FC is seeing a 11 degree left roll and trying to correct for it. Either your FC is not level with the motors or one of your motors is spinning the wrong direction. Motor level, vibs, and outputs are perfect.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks will check it all again was pretty sure the motor were spinning the correct direction and in the correct port. I have the all gains at 1 , if i did have a successful hands free hover for at least a min before toilet bowl would not all the motors be set correct.
What do mean by the motors and fc not o the same level .

fltundra

if i did have a successful hands free hover for at least a min before toilet bowl would not all the motors be set correct..
I think you have one of the IO outputs reversed but the props are turning right direction. Nothing else makes sense, as there is nothing wrong with your SuperX..It's just trying to respond to what it's sensing.

fltundra

Thats what i though will check again wanted to be sure my tail is getting sore from chasing it . Lol thanks
You will get it , your so close. Trust me it's just something you overlooked. Happens to the best of us.
Motor outputs bite a lot in the a**. As the motor direction is determined between the esc and motor.
Just unplug all the esc's, remove props. Then connect and power each one by one and check rotation and correct location.

Last edited by a moderator:

nope that was first thing I checked,though maybe the fc did not like being over the align pcu so put a copper tape separator . What about my retract connection it getting radio signal from the R port on the io for use of channel 12. Should it be connected in the futaba receiver.

fltundra

nope that was first thing I checked,though maybe the fc did not like being over the align pcu so put a copper tape separator . What about my retract connection it getting radio signal from the a port on the io for use of channel 12. Should it be connected in the futaba receiver.
Depends on how you bind the receiver. If it's working, I would leave it alone.