XAircraft Align M480 & SuperX left drift while on GPS & Attitude mode

my align fc crapped out and never left the bench,so think I will put in my super x stanard ,arris retract controller,castle creation pro voltage regulator,futaba 14sg ,and try the align g2 gimbal on my m690l.will get the super x osd in a few weeks. Can you post some picture of your setup and any tips would help alot.

where on the pcu are you taking power to feed the super x controller, are you using the s bus for receiver , and were did connect the cotroller for retracks ,what voltage is needed for them. thanks

traxx2003

Andre since the Tarrot LG controller accepts 22.2volts, I simply connected ut straight to the same plug where the motor's pos & neg wires connect in the front of the quad. I made my own power distribution wire strip with like 5 jst power plugs and connected the power strip where the motors connect. Tomorrow I'll be taking my quad apart because I need to relocate the ESC's I mounted them inside the frame and are running a little too hot due to lack of sufficient airflow. Below are some pictures I took, but keep in mind they are not the finished product, there are wires everywhere, I was testing the OSD and building video wires and fitting the new motors/ESC's. Once I remove the top plate I will post some pictures of the power strip I made to power the Tarrot controller and future accessories.

traxx2003

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 249

traxx2003

Andre since bi the SuperX and the Tarrot controller accept 6S voltage, I connected both to the power distribution harness I made. Yes I'm using the SBus for my receiver, on the pictures I posted you can see which SBus I'm using (bottom SBus plug on receiver).

what are you using for radio setting. I have a 690 so no spare holes for power will have to make some thing, I can run the arris retract controller off the 12 volt from pcu but still need power for g2 gimbal.

traxx2003

Andre for radio settings, I setup my radio following this video:

Also, Andre keep in mind that the motor positions between APS-M and the SuperX change, I found out the expensive way, I assume the order of the motors where the same, and crashed on takeoff, destroying a brand new set of T-Motor CF props.

traxx2003

Andre I'm getting power from here (see picture), even though you have no available plugs, you could just solder a jumper from the two main wires coming from the PCU to the power distro connector. It won't hurt anything. Also if you haven't done it yet, you may want to replace all those Align a motor wires, you the ones that connect to the APS-M, their quality is just not there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 254

I have the spectrum hd 24 in servo wires on the way , and few more of brass 6 hole 3.5 mm power blocks. was going to feed one from the other and heat shrink it with 5 pigtails from black and 5 from red for spare 24 volt connections. then use one to power a castle creation pro voltage regulator which can feed the arris retract controller and gimbal. plus there is still 12 volt from one side of the pcu and 5.5 volts on the other which will feed the leds i have with controller. just not sure if the g2 gimbal will work was going to connect thru sbus 2 port and power from the pcu maybe.

traxx2003

Not sure how to setup a Spectrum radio, I do know that the throttle channel is not the same as Futaba, I use a Futaba 14SG

when you said about motor connection did you mean that the numbers do not much but to connect to the fc as per manual and thier locations .

traxx2003

If you compare the Align manual to the SuperX you will notice that what Align labels as M2 and M4 are not the same motors for the Super X. Make sure you get this right and connect the motor positions to the I/O unit following Super X manual. Otherwise you will crash on takeoff

traxx2003

Andre good luck with your setup, I wish that everything goes well for you!! I just got mine put back together and in the first test flight my quad although perfectly stable in the air, will constantly rotate to the left. If I try to counteract with right full rudder, it will make no difference. I've check connections, calibrations and nothing.