XAircraft Align M480 & SuperX left drift while on GPS & Attitude mode

traxx2003

The compass on the Super X is inside the GPS puck correct? Funny you mentioned that, I've also noticed that the controller takes longer to lock on to satellites. What's frustrating is that this thing was working fine before I had to relocate the ESC's, in fact I never messed with the GPS or controller.

did you notice that the cg is father foward then where you have your flight controller and that super x wants the gps as close as can go to it.

here is how i added more power outlets since i needed the original six for my motors. Will secure it some how if i can not find the block align uses. And picked up 12 3.5 bullet connectors to feed wires .

Attachments

• 20150508_181853_resized.jpg
    20150508_181853_resized.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 20150508_181947_resized.jpg
    20150508_181947_resized.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 207

Will do what do you mean by motor alignment they are mounted on fixed arms in a shroud, or if mean the rotation they are all turning correct direction.

fltundra

View attachment 24660
Will do what do you mean by motor alignment they are mounted on fixed arms in a shroud, or if mean the rotation they are all turning correct direction.
Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant right yaw. Drift is either cg or try redoing radio stick calibration. And you do have the first 4 channels reversed with that futaba as per manual? I also disable trim on 1-4.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:

Yes radio setup as per manual first four reversed,think I it maybe the cg . Align had thiers in middle of frame which is three inches back from where they say the cg is.
And could be the compass calibration this thing is so big and hard to see the led on most of it plus in the sun to notice the led change to slow for the steps.
does it matter which direction you turn as in right to left and will i get gps lock with seven sats. Thanks

fltundra

Yes radio setup as per manual first four reversed,think I it maybe the cg . Align had thiers in middle of frame which is three inches back from where they say the cg is.
And could be the compass calibration this thing is so big and hard to see the led on most of it plus in the sun to notice the led change to slow for the steps.
does it matter which direction you turn as in right to left and will i get gps lock with seven sats. Thanks
6 sats to lock.Yes it does matter on calibration direction. Unless you post a log file your not going to get definitive answers.
If you worried about disclosing your location, just post screen shots of the report pages. I can tell immediately if your compass is calibrated or not.

fltundra

here one i just did after calibrating radio and compass
http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_05_13_185750.500_5.1.15.33
still the same effect drifts to right and forward , with a little aileron to the left it is solid .
Andre,
It's like your FC isn't mounted level with the motors. Please post pics of your setup. how have you mounted the FC? And how are you checking the CG? Disconnect the GPS and fly it in Atti mode and see if it still drifts. There's something going on with the compass readings.View attachment 24670

Found your photos in another thread. Look at the location of traxx 2003 FC mounting location.
I would swap the locations of the IO and FC, if it still doesn't fly level with the GPS disconnected.
Run a string between M1 to 4, M2 to 5, M3 to 6, where they intersect will give you best location for the FC.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:

Funny you mentioned the string I did that last night and the intersection is dead over the arrow on the flight controller. And the position of the align fc is in the location where i have the io.