My brushless gimbal result

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Here my brushless gimbal, initially it was make to fit anything from a GoPro to even my DSLR EOS. But turn out that might not be the efficient way of doing this. Yes, I know the motors HUGE for the GoPro use, but oh well. :)

FC: YS-X6 of course
ESC: Ipeaka 40A Simon K version
Motors: I power 2814-610kv
Gimbal Controller: SimpleBGC from Alex M.
Motor: IPower 4006 (360kv) rewound to maybe 10kv? don't know, but it's really slow. Star winding, 130T with .22mm on for Roll, 150T of .17mm wire for tilt. Purposely wounded it different to see what it does. Tilt for sure have more torque.

Yadi ya da... how about some pictures and video? Video player super smooth on my comp doesn't lag, put it on youtube and it sucks. Not sure if it have anything to do with codec. Any one know what's the best file type for youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2cGRJHWwxQ

behind the scene, 2nd pov.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nNAkdkxwA

Attachments

• IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7585.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,389
  • IMG_7586.jpg
    IMG_7586.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMG_7587.jpg
    IMG_7587.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,228
  • IMG_7588.jpg
    IMG_7588.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,198
Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

Wow impressive performance and for what price tag compared to zen. Can't wait to have blgc here too to make the gimbal for gh3.

vispaaja

VERY nice results! We're researching whether it's possible to scale this system up to DSLR / RED size, would be a killer setup for sure.

Macsgrafs

Now thats getting there, very smooth...reminds me of glide cam footage to be honest with you. Kopetworx have a larger version in the pipeline from what I gather!
As your unit stands its an AV200+RSGS eater!!!

Ross

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Yep....I'm with Kloner. This is a game changer.
I bet you see a flood of servo driven, belt driven, and traditional gimbals go for sale.
DJI Zemuse...look out... finally an affordable, customizable solution for the high end hobbist!!!
This is a win for then entire hobby!!!
Thanks to all who have worked hard to develop it for us common folk!

Andrew

Kilby

Very nice. Since you built the gimbal size for even larger cameras, have you had a go with anything else yet? I'd love to see some NEX footage on that.

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
very stable! good job!

would be interesting to see any video with more telescopic lens

Yes. I hate the gopro lens too. But this is the best camera I have now since I smoked my Sanyo.

VERY nice results! We're researching whether it's possible to scale this system up to DSLR / RED size, would be a killer setup for sure.

I shall be able to tell you in a couple of week, working on one right now.

Nice!!! What's that silver thing on top of your gp3?

That's the counter weight, because I want the camera lens to be dead center with axis also CG is center, I had to add the weight. I think partial why it work so well is because it's 99% balance.

Very nice. Since you built the gimbal size for even larger cameras, have you had a go with anything else yet? I'd love to see some NEX footage on that.

Send me your Nex5, I will get a footage for you... :D otherwise can't afford any more gear at this point.

I am hoping that we can work out a deal with one of the other shop so we can carry the board as well. If we do, we will be able to offer motor, wire and help on rewound motor.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
gotheli,

congrats on your positive results but can you do us a favor? please post longer shots to show the real performance of the gimbal even if it means you lose artistic quality in the process. i'm happy there is progress being made but real progress can only be seen in longer shots. short, quick edits have been the hallmark of another known manufacturer and i think it tends to hide indications of real world performance. not saying you're hiding anything but it's of greater value to have longer shots and maybe less interesting video.

regards,
bart

ChrisViperM

thank you. you should be very proud of that. :)

and thank you for supporting the site.

bart

What I really have highest respect for is the fact that all the "Big Players" with pockets full of money put rumours on the net, drop pictures of their next killer hardware here and there, month before they are ready to sell the Gizmo.....the usual marketing crap.....and then comes this guy (or should I say gentleman) who got a problem to buy a new camera because of a thight wallet and shows us how it should look like !!!
...no big R+D department (yeah...we know our stuff is really bloody expensive, but there is a lot of research behind...and the marketing cost....and the cleaning lady....and all the dope we have to smoke to get our visions....) Just be talented, get the stuff rolling and come up with something jaw dropping....that's what GotHeliRC did.

Now guess whom I would support with my hard earned cash......???

Chris