The more I read, the more I'm confused

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
I have the F450 w/Naza and a DX7s.
I have the three position switch assigned to Manual ATT and GPS
My gear switch (2 position) turns on the Orientation Control.
When I'm in Manual mode, theres no doubt I'm in manual. I have to fly it all the time for the most part. Very touchy, maybe too touchy but I can handle it.
When I switch to ATT mode it becomes super stable and I can click on the Orentation Control and it works perfectly.
When I switch to GPS mode, it operates exactly like ATT mode.
So either the ATT or the GPS is lacking something?????? If not, why have two modes.
I should say, the dealer set it up for me and I can't take it back because I'm no longer in his area.

Tomstoy2

Att and gps should feel the same.

The difference is in att mode, she will drift off, forrol the wind and require input by you to bring it back into position. Gps will drift off slightly but return to origional position all by itself.

Manual mode is pretty sensative, compared to the other two, but you can tame a lot of that out with expo and dual rates.

Try it in the wind, you will see the difference.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If that's your only problem your doing great. GPS mode allows you to override its position hold so if you are flying around it might not seem much different. But if it isn't holding position then something is wrong with your GPS system. GPS mode is atti mode with position hold.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
The copter does hold position very well. I think that perhaps Tomstoy2 might have simplified it for me. I haven't really flow the copter in a wind, perhaps a breeze but I usually stay in GPS mode. I just happened to notice yesterday that it made no difference between ATT and GPS mode. I'll give it a check in a windy situation. I'm still pretty new so windy for me might be just a stiff breeze :)

jlemond

Your gps mode (position hold) should also work if you put it into a hover and you grab it and push or pull it out of position. It should then go back to its last position before you pushed/pulled it.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
Your gps mode (position hold) should also work if you put it into a hover and you grab it and push or pull it out of position. It should then go back to its last position before you pushed/pulled it.
I just flew the copter but its too dark to fly now to try your suggestion. I'll do so tomorrow.
I'll ask another question: bear with me.
I'm new with the copter, but the Naza and GPS make me look good and also builds confidence.
If I put it in manual mode and (with a lot of altitude) I move it in a fast direction and attempt to flip the copter over (a loop) and fail to control it when its back to flying position, would flipping it to GPS mode suddenly stabilize it in the right side up position? I know, I'm getting kinda gutsy at my old age....suggestions??? :h

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Only suggestion I would give you is to not try anything like that until your extremely comfortable with it. These things can hit the ground quicker than you can react, but saying that, it is your money and your toy.

Also if your using the standard props, I would not try anything acrobatic with it, they will more than likely sheer off on you.

kloner

Aerial DP
it can shut off the motors if you turn on att/gps with the craft more than 45 degrees tilted top side up....... i wouldn't get too fancy yet....... The other problem with crutching on gps mode is that has zero control if the naza get's outta shape, like from a vibration. most flyaways i've seen fiorst hand were with a gps and was flown take off to landing in that mode. it makes a new guy fly like he owns it

rexbirk

I just flew the copter but its too dark to fly now to try your suggestion. I'll do so tomorrow.
I'll ask another question: bear with me.
I'm new with the copter, but the Naza and GPS make me look good and also builds confidence.
If I put it in manual mode and (with a lot of altitude) I move it in a fast direction and attempt to flip the copter over (a loop) and fail to control it when its back to flying position, would flipping it to GPS mode suddenly stabilize it in the right side up position? I know, I'm getting kinda gutsy at my old age....suggestions??? :h

Looks like you are an old guy like me. you are ahead of me though. My 450 has not arrived yet. I'm planning on learning from your experience.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
Att and gps should feel the same.

The difference is in att mode, she will drift off, forrol the wind and require input by you to bring it back into position. Gps will drift off slightly but return to origional position all by itself.

Manual mode is pretty sensative, compared to the other two, but you can tame a lot of that out with expo and dual rates.

Try it in the wind, you will see the difference.
Bingo. I flew in the wind today, first chance to fly in a week or so. Your right. ATT it is stable as far as altitude goes but just nudge will send it into a direction and then it kind of glides to a halt and then reacts to the wind and moves in the direction of the wind. In GPS mode its stable in altitude and pretty much stable in the wind and doesn't drift more than a couple feet and really wants to stay put.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like its operating exactly as it should.

Tomstoy2

Glad to hear it! To make it even better holding position try setting up your gains. Mine holds just spot on, (WKM), and flying fpv it's an excellent tool to have. Just let go of the sticks and give yourself time to sort yourself out. Really helps with flying LOS, also.

I've flown manual a couple times, but don't really like it, at least not yet. As I said, you can knock out a lot of the sensativity, but ATT and GPS are perfect for a camera ship, and that is what I'm interrested in.