8FG & Naza set-up

kloner

Aerial DP
was reading your manual,,, it sounds like it could go either way,,,,, esc are high speed, dji esc's are, but the things not hooked straight to esc's so,,,, wonder what naza expects? mines got spread fhss or just fhss for ground use.. pretty basic

DesJardins

Used MLT2, normal & it's now bound... No idea why it took 4 times :shrug:
This isn't rocket science.

Anywho being it's 10pm I can't go FPV so I'll test it Friday after work being my next chance at home.

Pelted

My goodness man. This is why I'm seriously thinking of doing the maiden of my big one tethered. I've been testing high strength fishing line as a possible solution to "loosing" it while shaking out the configuration issues with the NAZA. That and looking forward to Des's part 2 video. Glad you got it back home safely.

DesJardins

It's really important to make sure everything is working via the Assistant and the VU led mimics that action.
I'll get that vid up ASAP, Friday night if possible.

Jon

ROVguy

Guys, I've gone through the settings and everything does work with regards to switching to fail safe etc. I wouldn't have flown otherwise! I tried the fail safe when it flew off but it didn't respond that is what I meant by it didn't work. And when I started to ascend and go looking for it.

Trust me I'm not proud of that video, but I was scared ****less of losing the craft or worse it coming down on someone. Im just really glad i managed to get it back in one peice! Anyway lesson learnt, no tests on the drive on the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROVguy

Des, I will get photos up of the antennas when I can. But basically they are sticking out the back and down at and angle through som straws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesJardins

Hmmmm, lets connect on why the failsafe didn't work... Before you took off did you make sure it had a GPS lock on home?

Bowley

Bloody well done for getting it back though!!
Ist flight and all, I'd have just dropped it, in fact I still see the indentations of 4 prop shafts on my car bonnet (hood to the Americans).
shame I cant see the vid, too slow a connection out here, you know what its like.I can see the little stills at the bottom as I scroll along, looks like you went quite high/

DesJardins

Guess I'll ditch my nifty custom antenna mount that I spent a bunch of time on and use straws to get range

Man I still have a chapped *** from this one, lol
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i know des, sorry you went through all this, hope your all fixed up now. it's not that hard usually, but nothing rc ever goes as planned

DesJardins

i know des, sorry you went through all this, hope your all fixed up now. it's not that hard usually, but nothing rc ever goes as planned
It's all good, been racing RC for a long time before I got into Heli's and now MR's so I've had plenty of bumps in the road.
First test will be tomorrow as I am jacked for time today now
:-(
I JUST WANNA FLY DAAAAAAMNIT

lmao

DesJardins

Uploaded both the "revised" Part 1 & new Part 2 for the 8FG and Naza set-up.
Hope it helps those looking for clarification

Jon

oh it was done all in one take with my iPhone so bare with me ;-)

Pelted

Uploaded both the "revised" Part 1 & new Part 2 for the 8FG and Naza set-up.

Wow.. Thank you! I just watched them and super helpful and very straight forward. Much clearer than some of the other videos covering this. Now if my HK and TBS orders would just freaking get here so I can build and get this NAZA that's been sitting for nearly two weeks installed and flying.

DesJardins

Wow.. Thank you! I just watched them and super helpful and very straight forward. Much clearer than some of the other videos covering this. Now if my HK and TBS orders would just freaking get here so I can build and get this NAZA that's been sitting for nearly two weeks installed and flying.

You're very welcome!
Re-ordering my Discovery tonight.