F450 at 1900 grams, getting hot, should I swap motors?

F450

Ok, so I think I'm going to buy these motors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Outrunn...KV-RC-RC-Helicopter-Multicopter-/261020221409

Features
750KV Brushless Motor for Multi Rotor QuadCopters, HexaCopters & OctoCopters
This is the quadcopter 750kv motor which is used for heavier payloads on quadcopters and hexacopter. It's a very reliable motor and is bigger than its counterpart the 750kv, it delivers a very high level of thrust with the matched 9x6/10x6/12x6 propellers.

This motor is designed for 9x6/10x6/12x6 propellers and others

Specification:
Model: 2830-750kv
Size: Ф28*30mm
Shaft size: Ф3.17*45mm
Weight: 52g
KV(rpm/v): 750
Max Power: 185W
Battery: 2-4Li-Po
Prop: 9x6/10x6/12x6

Ri(MΩ): 0.192
ESC: 18A/20A

It stays its a shaft size of 3.17
but not sure if the air screw coupling will fit: http://www.v-eastonline.com/products/Air-screw-coupling-.html

[h=2][/h]

kloner

Aerial DP
no it will not, that's a 4mm shaft coupler and it's all they have that fits regular props. All the others are huge and only fit nitro props

Lou at GotheliRC on here has a good option at this level, there here

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=135&cat=iPower

bottom motor on that page. I've been trying to try those, but have had such good luck i'm afraid of change.... Last time "change" happened in America i didn't like it a whole lot

kloner

Aerial DP
the ones i linked are rated to 380 watts and 5s, there also multi rotor purposed in the hub that comes with it is ready to rock and roll, wires are long if ya wanted em, these all come with the bullets needing soldring on so you cut the wires where you want, etc.

My money would do either the ipower or the suppo...... but that's me. The suppo are 4s and 350 watt. This stuff your posting are twice the size and half the power.

suppo are super tough, I learned 3d on onemotor, probably crashed it 300 times, hard....... still flies, doesn't get hot. litteraly 500 flights, crashed every time. I go flying with a pocket of props. The plane doesn't care, change the prop and fly, crash, repeat

F450

Do I have solder the suppos? I really don't have much experience with soldering, can I purchase ones with short wires already made to go? I'm just using the stock dji F450 frame and motors, don't need long wires.

kloner

Aerial DP
for sure garunteed you do on the suppos. I've bought 15+ of those in the last year.......... I sent lou a message to come tell us how bad he wants to sell a set of ipower motors. The suppo guy is around here too, we can ask him as well if you want.

F450

Attachments

• 003 (1024x765)_795-1.jpg
    003 (1024x765)_795-1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 298

F450

Sure ask away I'm ready to buy some motors!!!! :) And I really don't want to solder, like I said I have like no experience in that area.

kloner

Aerial DP
the last pic you posted was the 2814,,,,, the 2810 are like 4mm shorter in the chrome part. more a pancake looking thing

033 (1024x768)_795.jpg

I sent them both pms, we'll see who wants to sell em to ya. I think Alttitude hobby has the ipower as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Hey guys,

I didn't have time to read the entire thread yet, but iPower motor already have bullet soldered on. Will go over the thread for more detail later.

F450

Did you paint yours green in that pic? I'm going to fly 3S for now, but maybe go to 4S later. I really like the suppos, you did mention you get over 50mph with them if I can remember :)

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, that disco gold and chrome got old. They were black but the particular black didn't take to the self etching primer you see. That plasti dip stuff........ when i use base coat like for a car it's golden. This is then 2814 painted up....... 60mph in atti 4s 8" and 2814's
016 (1024x768)_795.jpg

Thanks Lou, but there on the end of some huge wires right? just want to make sure he understands what he's getting.

I think the ipowers with the sticker removed is black

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
yes and yes. main difference being the ipower need 4s to fly 10" now, suppo can fly 10" on 3s now, but need 8" to fly 4s

F450

so with the suppos, if I later decide to get 4S lipos I can fly with 8" props which would help tremendously with keeping props out of the gopros video frame. I'm guessing 9" props would be fine as well, but 10" props on the suppos would be overkill not to mention get in the view of the camera.