Kloners Disco, lets try this again

kloner

Aerial DP
thats a good idead

just got back the disco maiden, vids uploading. shes got mad power but flies alot different than my kloners, probably motor related. super fast, but altitude is super weak from what i'm used, never have pushed the sticks so hard in my life, had to use the elvevator and not used to that, used tot throttling over humps but that also is super jumpy up and down, hard to find middle stick.. the radio signal never left 99% rssi and that was on low on the ezuhf. The video signal is sick. never tried the 9 turn, but on 3 turn and crosshair, it never blinked, never lost signal no matter where i wsa pinted at me or not.i'm diggin 2.4! perfect size...... my only complaint is i'm 99% sure and checking now is i think the current meter in the core osd is fast. i was seeing alot of 50 amps and i've never seen that before. the mah was showing 2500 used, but here recharging nothings gone over 2000

no matter what, the disco is awesome for fpv. shes a all in one ez to be succesful with the core installed. lovin it! be back in a bit with the vid. something a bit different.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Kloner got the TBS frame finally yesterday. How did you connect the Immersion EZuhf RSSI connection to the TBS Core ? Did you use the two small pads on the frame RSSI and GND or did you connect it directly to the TBS Core. Doesn't the digital RSSI feed from the EZuhf which doesnt need additional calibration need 3 wires to be connected ?

Thanks

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, used the top plates internal part for transfering the signal, then used the analog out on ch8 of the ezufh but i also added that thing i posted before, ppm to analog out, makes a solid link. then when you turn on this thing, hit that button on the core to get into setup, when you enable analog rssi in the core, the next window is calibration, does a max, then a min

i dunno about the digital rssi in this thing, never used ezosd and that's the only one like that

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm because it says in the manual: http://team-blacksheep.com/tbs-core-manual.pdf

"The EzUHF is the first FPV UHF system that supports digital RSSI. To feed that information to the TBS CORE, connect your EzUHF receiver to the ImmersionRC Tools and select a channel on the “RSSI Needle” setting. That channel needs to be routed to the RSSI input. For configuration instructions please refer to the next chapter."

So the way i understand it one of the channel outputs on the EZuhf becomes the digital Rssi out and gets connected to the RSSI in and GND on the TBS. Which should give you digital RSSI without calibration etc.

Or am I misunderstanding it ?

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
That should work,,,,, try it and let us know. i've only had a functioning core for 3 days so i'm new to all this

one thing i can tell you is this frame makes your ezuhf become a super hero. i ran low output, small antenna on the tx and the rssi never went below 98% no matter what i did

i've seen that digital reading on ezosd capture vids and it's hard to understand. starts at like 50 or 60 depending how good your install is. then there a link quality output or rssi output. for being ez i'm confused

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I will get around to it the next days and i will let you know. There was a good explanation on this forum for the digital readings but I can't find it anymore.

But you are right first value indicated signal strength second signal quality and than you have a 3 number indicating how many times diversity thus antenna switch happened.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
hmm because it says in the manual: http://team-blacksheep.com/tbs-core-manual.pdf

"The EzUHF is the first FPV UHF system that supports digital RSSI. To feed that information to the TBS CORE, connect your EzUHF receiver to the ImmersionRC Tools and select a channel on the “RSSI Needle” setting. That channel needs to be routed to the RSSI input. For configuration instructions please refer to the next chapter."

So the way i understand it one of the channel outputs on the EZuhf becomes the digital Rssi out and gets connected to the RSSI in and GND on the TBS. Which should give you digital RSSI without calibration etc.

Or am I misunderstanding it ?

Boris

You still have to do the min and max calibration in the Core setup. On mine I have channel 8 on the EZUHF diversity RX assigned to the RSSI needle and the signal pin and ground connect to the two pads on the lower frame plate through the built in traces in the top plate. It works but I get readings from 100% down to 60% and back with it just sitting on the bench which is a bit odd. Put the goggles on and went out into the other room with TX in hand watching the RSSI on the screen and it did the same thing. I'll have to get it back in the air and see what happens then, last time out the cable came off so I lost the RSSI completely. I'm using a pair of Sander style monopoles, I also tried the stock whips and got the same result.

In any case it's a quad with EZUHF, I'll run out of battery power long before I run out of radio signal so I'm not going to worry about RSSI in the OSD too much.

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
that mic buffer thing doesn't do that. my ezuhf did this with my eagle tree too, when i hooked mine up and saw that going back and forth i dropped in the mic ppm to analog. There like $13 to your door, takes about a week, if he's still making them. makes your rssi perfectly smooth and true

kloner

Aerial DP
got my securitycam2000 pixim 690 line cam installed, what an improvement in clarity and lighting
002f%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

repainted the gps with less coats to keep thin
001f%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

clean inside
016%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

017%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

these are on sale and 2 ets free ship, fit perfect, killer packs, gonna order more while sales still on
i.php

2.4 crosshair
002h%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

got a good assortment of 2.4 rhcp to try out
006h%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

shes buttoned up now and ready for action. gonna skip this week, but gonna do something next midweek when the zephs pixim camera gets here for it's maiden along with the skysurfer

Tomstoy2

For the love of,,,, guess you can always justify your hobby expense by telling the wife it's cheaper than a girlfriend! :black_eyed:

Jessestr

Hi Kloner

Could you link the FPV cam?

Got a HoryzonHD V2 today.. but when wiring it's really a mess. Very good cam.. (It's a review model so I didn't pay for it)
So I might get a pixim cam in the future for prettier wiring and just use the HoryzonHD V2 as record device.

Thanks

Jesse

View attachment 5506View attachment 5507

don't mind the very long wires to the motors.. they are temporary motors. New ones will be ordered soon :)

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Dang it Kloner!!! That is 2x today. I dont really have a need but for that price why not try? Is there a way you could block me when you post these great deals? Keep in mind it is not really the caost of the component but more the cost of keeping my lady happy every time I buy multi-rotor stuff.I have GoPro hard mounted to the underside of a 550, not for FPV but for getting the occasional pic and video. Might as well try this out......