XAircraft Exploding props

Kilby

Ok, so I heard about this problem some time ago. I didn't want to post anything about it then because I was basically told that there were a hand full of faulty prop sets that went out with some of the first kits and that the problem had been fixed. Well, it seems that it hasn't according to a list of users over at RCG.

Has anyone else seen this problem? In short, the special props that XA force you to use since they have a non-standard hub shape & size are splitting in half and blowing up. There have been reports of props exploding and taking out the other prop on the arm which cause the craft to fall like a rock. I just bought one of these kits after being told that it was an isolated situation and that they had actually beefed up the production of the props to make them even stronger.

So, anyone else seen this problem? If so, what props are you using to replace them with and how are you getting around the special size & shape of the hub. Luckily I haven't put my craft in the air yet. I would be mad as all hell if I put it up there with a camera hung below only to have it fall from the sky because someone couldn't tell me the truth about some faulty manufacturing.

Kilby

Here is a video example of the problem. I'm just glad I saw all this before I launched mine for the first time!

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah, this is highly disappointing! I was told that I was only .8% of people who had this problem, as though it wasnt a big deal. Then I was told that the "NEW" improved props arrived only to have another prop fail. At that point a motor locked up on me completely. Jing Chen emailed me and said they addressed the issue. But teh problem is that you cant use other props without modifying them. So for those of us who are eager to fly (all of us) we cant! I tried to order double sets of props to have as a back up and they were never sent to me for some reason. I have been begging for props like they got me hooked on prop crack. The only reason I never posted this before is I didnt want to disrespect jeff as I think he is an awesome guy. But the purpose in my posting this is to hopefully use these few experiences as leverage to get China to stop saving $.05 on parts that are critical like this. How about charge an extra $1 and make them perfect? I think Xaircraft will quickly realize that if they dont make a prop hub that allows multiple props to be used or at least make a bulletproof prop, they are going to go backwards again. It seems they get 95% and just wont perfect that last 5%. Listen to the people. make damn instruction manual in ENGLISH. Write down all those extra things people ask and do a FAQ page. Redo the props. And dont call anything of value, the "x650 value."

This is a critical turning point for Xaircraft as they have the ability to redeem themselves. And if Jeff got his way with the company these things would probably sell like hot cakes. But for some reason the Chinese have a different marketing strategy.

Yeah, this is highly disappointing! I was told that I was only .8% of people who had this problem, as though it wasnt a big deal. Then I was told that the "NEW" improved props arrived only to have another prop fail. At that point a motor locked up on me completely. Jing Chen emailed me and said they addressed the issue. But teh problem is that you cant use other props without modifying them. So for those of us who are eager to fly (all of us) we cant! I tried to order double sets of props to have as a back up and they were never sent to me for some reason. I have been begging for props like they got me hooked on prop crack. The only reason I never posted this before is I didnt want to disrespect jeff as I think he is an awesome guy. But the purpose in my posting this is to hopefully use these few experiences as leverage to get China to stop saving $.05 on parts that are critical like this. How about charge an extra $1 and make them perfect? I think Xaircraft will quickly realize that if they dont make a prop hub that allows multiple props to be used or at least make a bulletproof prop, they are going to go backwards again. It seems they get 95% and just wont perfect that last 5%. Listen to the people. make damn instruction manual in ENGLISH. Write down all those extra things people ask and do a FAQ page. Redo the props. And dont call anything of value, the "x650 value."

This is a critical turning point for Xaircraft as they have the ability to redeem themselves. And if Jeff got his way with the company these things would probably sell like hot cakes. But for some reason the Chinese have a different marketing strategy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbssPEf4OI

I was lead in the same direction as everyone else, told the issue was TINY and VERY rare ... I am promised the PROP issue is NOW History .. I trust it is and these NEW props as Yuri so elequently phrased "are pretty much bullet proof, YET still retaining the cheaper price". I gave them this SAME advice 2 months ago ... NOW they are listening !!! Told them this would happen if they didn't MAKE A world wide annoucement and replace everyones PROPS Just in CASE. I ll stand behind them as long as they operate with honor and integrity, I truely believe they do and will going forward !! Love the products and am very proud to support you guys and work hard to earn your respect and present honest and knowledgable assistance to all my customers and XAircrafts customers in general !!

ALso from this point forward to PLUG this for myself and XAircraft USA we will be having stock full time from this point forward.

Macsgrafs

Thta's not also bad, its EXTREMLEY dangerous!!! Imagine a young child losing his sight due to this failure!!!! What a massive insurance claim that would be....wonder if the manufacturers would take note then?

Thta's not also bad, its EXTREMLEY dangerous!!! Imagine a young child losing his sight due to this failure!!!! What a massive insurance claim that would be....wonder if the manufacturers would take note then?

Did all I could and represented it with full disclosure and honesty !!

Fab

Just view questions for an update on the props and the OSD: What is the change into the new props? Anyone knows when xaircraft will release the OSD modul?

Just view questions for an update on the props and the OSD: What is the change into the new props? Anyone knows when xaircraft will release the OSD modul?

1) Changed Base (higher temperature rating and more plyable plactics) material of propeller.

2) OSD has finished testing and ready for manufacture, will be available in 2011, We expect it will be available to customers sometime in November.

Kilby

Any specs or pricing on the OSD? I just installed one on my 650, but I'd rather use something that is all built in if possible. Otherwise I'll end up with two GPS sensors on there and I"m not sure how that will pan out.

-Terry

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Man, they still haven't fixed that????? Sorry you had to deal with that. I know how scary/frustrating it can be. The worst part is the time it takes to build up confidence in your machine again.