XAircraft Exploding props

We are using the thin electric and the thin electric slo fly ! The thin electric can survive some dead engine crashes but the slo fly might break in a crash ! Also you have to bore the top of the thin electric out to accept the prop nut !!

Dune

Anyone else notice that 10" APC Slo fly's have shorter hubs than the 8 or 9's? Had to add a washer to use those.

teryn1

The APC or Graupner? The 10x4.7 look really thin at the hub to be boring out. Could you point me to a link with the Graupners e-flights that you guys are using?

Thanks,
Teryn

We are using the thin electric and the thin electric slo fly ! The thin electric can survive some dead engine crashes but the slo fly might break in a crash ! Also you have to bore the top of the thin electric out to accept the prop nut !!

Teryn1 we are talking about apc props and they make thin electric and thin electric slo fly ! The 9x6 thin electric or the 9x4.7 slo fly is the ones to go with ! The thin electrics are the ones that need bored for prop nut but they survive some crashes you wouldnt think they would !! The slo fly's require no mods but are thinner and may break under hard crash but will not break in flight !!

Last edited by a moderator:

teryn1

Thanks for the info. well, I scrapped those junk stock rotors and put some zinger 10x6's on there. No more worries about blades exploding. Now waiting for the GPS...
Teryn

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73XtNNmE3E

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 264

mailman35

whats the shaft diameter that you had to bore them to? also what size motors are you using?
(the wooden props)

xvin

TeryN1: It looks like your wooden props are performing well. After two seperate xAir prop breaks, I installed Graupner E-props.
View attachment 3010
Nice flying btw... I thought you were going to fly it into the open door:tennis:

Attachments

• Graupners.jpg
    Graupners.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 209