XAircraft SuperX

jfro

Aerial Fun
Heavy for a little quad. about 2700g with battery and camera.

My 550 quad with aluminum arms & 2216kv motors, 10" props, vid transmitter, and tarot/gopro3,, etc comes in around 1900g auw.

I use 1 5000mah 4s battery. I get 20 min without cam/gimbal and can push 15 with cam/gimbal. I safely fly 12-13 minutes normally with gopro3/gimbal.

Maybe I should try my 2814 Avroto's on my quad and put my 2lb cam/gimbal on it. That would get it to around 2812g. Might be worth a 5s battery purchase to see if I could get 10 min or so.

Dhardjono

Ok i am still having problem with the gps mode i change the gps and i still get a green solid green lite which i can't take of that way motor will not start only way is to put on att and take of and put to gps and that green led stay solid. Not sure if it the receiver it a futaba or the con troll box any one have any idea?View attachment 15533View attachment 15534View attachment 15535

Attachments

• 2014-01-07 13.49.59.jpg
    2014-01-07 13.49.59.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 2014-01-07 13.50.34.jpg
    2014-01-07 13.50.34.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 2014-01-07 13.50.38.jpg
    2014-01-07 13.50.38.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 295

Zirt57

Ok i am still having problem with the gps mode i change the gps and i still get a green solid green lite which i can't take of that way motor will not start only way is to put on att and take of and put to gps and that green led stay solid. Not sure if it the receiver it a futaba or the con troll box any one have any idea?View attachment 19414View attachment 19415View attachment 19416

It may be just me, but that looks like the solid YELLOW LED (which almost looks like a pale green). Did you calibrate your compass properly? Even your description of the problem sounds like it's the yellow led of an uncalibrated compass. The reason I say this is there is only one solid color mode - yellow. All other modes flash. When you switch to ATT mode, the LED should flash green. Is it a different green than the solid one you are seeing?

Jeff

Dhardjono

Yes this brand new GPS DAVID I did calibrated several time when indoors it blink red and green that means no gps i think well i am getting a frsky trannis by thursday let me try that radio with new receiver maybe that will fix it!.

Zirt57

Yes this brand new GPS DAVID I did calibrated several time when indoors it blink red and green that means no gps i think well i am getting a frsky trannis by thursday let me try that radio with new receiver maybe that will fix it!.

There's your answer. You cannot calibrate the compass while indoors. It MUST be calibrated while outside. And away from metal objects and building if possible. Also try to calibrate while away from any power sources. Here is the latest manual. Check page 17 on calibrating the compass.
http://download.xaircraft.com/Manuals/XAircraft SuperX Manual EN v1.9.pdf

Jeff

Dhardjono

Thanks Zirt57 it was out side i calibrate the compass some time i fly indoor so i swicth to gps se what i get i get red and green clinking lights but when i take it out door it get green in 1 min or more soon as it locate a gps .

Dhardjono

Walk to the window and gps goes solid green or yellow

indoors i can fly in gps it blink red and green i bring the copter to a window it goes solid green or yellow i am little color blind and will not be able to start motor. Any other suggestion maybe i should re installed the latest firm ware?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

I have the Taranis you will not regret this radio, most advanced and feature rich.

Open forums - programers

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=97&sid=88661e7eddc8f0307cc5a4a18873c4c5

RCGroups Radios

http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/

But I don't think that will fix your problem, go outside do a proper calibration by the book, stay outside, even if your cold and calibrate the sticks, stay outside even if your colder and then turn switch to GPS hold until you get green flashing, if a after say 4 - 5 minutes no flashing green, go inside and get warm :dejection:

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
XMOUSE with your trannis radio are you using sbus? i got it 1 day earlier going to instaled any tips? thanks Danny

Yes SBUS to the FC, does not seem to handle fail safe though you will need to set that in the Taranis to say your RTH switch, if you bind the X8R to mode 4 then you will be able to use 1 to 8 on X8R as 9 to 16 giving you a full 16 channel RX/TX.

Enjoy:
http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/Video_guides

Need to avoid going off topic here

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

Ok David thanks for thelink got it to fly. ok no more now on topic you think the pedal aluminum is causing the gps to go crazy?View attachment 15559 as you see on that aluminum i will take it off and try on regular way.

Attachments

• 2013-12-28 16.09.29.jpg
    2013-12-28 16.09.29.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 630

Dhardjono

I think i got the GPS to work

:nevreness: i took out the aluminum rod and stuck it on the plate and went out doors in back of my building first thing i notice no solid greenish yellowish light it was blinking red and green so that means searching for gps i calibrate again and flew it but it still did not pick up any gps because it l;like on attitude it could be the tall building in this alley way. So ether that rod or the trannis radio that fix it, Hoping to try in open field :tennis: ok thanks David and all.View attachment 15560

Attachments

• 2014-01-08 20.23.47.jpg
    2014-01-08 20.23.47.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 390

Dhardjono

Not fix gps mode

Still having gps mode in yellow color mean need calibrate i did many times same out come.
any one can suggestion or maybe i should re do software upgrade :upset:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Re flash the firmware, and make sure you are not near a magnetic source.
i had one of mine do this and it was because the firmware did not “take’.

DH106

Sounds like the calibration isn't being done right.
I sometimes have issues when doing the calibration of knowing when each of the 3 axes has finished calibrating - the green light is supposed to go from random green flashing to solid to indicate calibration of that one axis is complete, but sometimes you don't catch it and I think the SuperX moves onto the next axis without you realising it. I've had this lead to a similar condition - yellow light in GPS mode.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Sounds like the calibration isn't being done right.
I sometimes have issues when doing the calibration of knowing when each of the 3 axes has finished calibrating - the green light is supposed to go from random green flashing to solid to indicate calibration of that one axis is complete, but sometimes you don't catch it and I think the SuperX moves onto the next axis without you realising it. I've had this lead to a similar condition - yellow light in GPS mode.

The sequence is as stated in the manual, There is NO compromise! first rotate the vehicle level and 360 degrees need to do this 2 or 3 times until the green led pulses slowly, prior to this it flashed fast as you rotated, then move to have the vehicle front point vertical upwards, and rotate again 360 degrees 2 to 3 times until LED slow pulses green, then turn vehicle on it's side and rotate as before until led turns solid green, if it turns red you did it wrong, do it again.

Some will find it easier to hold the vehicle and rotate your own body, you might get dizzy but vehicle will be more stable.

David

Dhardjono

Ok let me try calibrate tomorrow will be no wind today 45 mph wind over here if that don't work than i will try to re flash thanks all you guys best hope it goes well.

I will go to go another location tomorrow maybe some thing over there is causing some problem. The dji naza some time you have to rub a magnet on the compass with my phantom maybe that will help .

jfro

Aerial Fun
Ok let me try calibrate tomorrow will be no wind today 45 mph wind over here if that don't work than i will try to re flash thanks all you guys best hope it goes well.

I will go to go another location tomorrow maybe some thing over there is causing some problem. The dji naza some time you have to rub a magnet on the compass with my phantom maybe that will help .

I've heard it before, but I'd just like to hear some more peeps say this. For the front and side (2nd and 3rd rotational axis) you can just hold your MR in front of you, say with front face up and then just rotate you body?

If so, that will certainly help me as my x8 850mm is just a bear to hold in front and rotate the copter for calibration.