Zenmuse z15n Testing (S800)

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Very impressive footage Rob. Just how did they get the gimbal to mount to the frame, any kind of vibration dampers? Am I the only person in this hobby who DOESN'T have a freekin 20 acre meadow for a back yard?

You live in Utah.....C'mon, there are more places to fly there then anywhere. :nevreness:

tstrike

pendejo grande
You live in Utah.....C'mon, there are more places to fly there then anywhere. :nevreness:
yeah, but I want to fly off my back porch while I'm grilling burgers too. C'mon man, you prolly drain a batt just flying out to your shed and back.:tennis:
and again, amazing quality on the gimbal, just amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
yeah, but I want to fly off my back porch while I'm grilling burgers too. C'mon man, you prolly drain a batt just flying out to your shed and back.:tennis:
and again, amazing quality on the gimbal, just amazing.

With 6s 10,000mah I get 15min flight times no problem.

Heading to the cottage on Lake Michigan for the wkend. I'll see how well it does up there. :)

rsun

Just made a order on the MaxAmp's 6S 11000 mAh for my S800.... Looking forward to they them out on the S800 and see how long I will be abel to hover around with it....

But great flight time on 10000mAh...

HeinzABF

Hi Robert,

1.) wouldt you be so kind and tell us (me) your settings with the Z15 of the mountings (GPS and IMU) regarding the cog?
2.) and the settings of the autopilot with the Z15

Thank you very much and a nice weekend.

Heinz

meme

I am really impressed, wow, what a stable footage! If my Av200 won`t work better with the RSGS i will pass to the Z15 too, really.

cheers,
meme

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Hi Robert,

1.) wouldt you be so kind and tell us (me) your settings with the Z15 of the mountings (GPS and IMU) regarding the cog?
2.) and the settings of the autopilot with the Z15

Thank you very much and a nice weekend.

Heinz

I have to look. Honestly, it doesn't really matter the WKM settings anymore because even if its shaking etc. the footage is perfect. :)

yeehaanow

I have to look. Honestly, it doesn't really matter the WKM settings anymore because even if its shaking etc. the footage is perfect. :)

In several videos it looks like it can stabilize vibration. Any idea up to what frequency this is true? Or better yet, how fast are the motors capable of moving?

DennyR

It will not be the motors torque that suppress the vibration. it comes from the balance which is floating within the magnetic field inside the motors. Without the perfect balance it would not work properly.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Stayed home for the Holiday weekend. Weather was bad at the cottage.

High winds (Sunday) at Uncles house on the lake.

Short boring flight video. It was crazy windy and gusting.

http://youtu.be/NRUa4yU5HSY

This setup is a blast. Just set it and forget it and the raw footage is great. Did not set camera (Nex5n) from last flight.

vislaw

Stayed home for the Holiday weekend. Weather was bad at the cottage.

High winds (Sunday) at Uncles house on the lake.

Short boring flight video. It was crazy windy and gusting.

http://youtu.be/NRUa4yU5HSY

This setup is a blast. Just set it and forget it and the raw footage is great. Did not set camera (Nex5n) from last flight.

Gotta thank you again for posting these vids. This last one is particularly impressive when you study the wind gusts on the flags and trees. Wow.

tstrike

pendejo grande
You really had to be jones'n for some flytime to put that thing up in that wind-ZOINKS!!
I'm just utterly amazed and gobsmacked at how good that gimbal is, maybe those DJI guys are on to something, hmmmm:02.47-tranquillity:
oh yeah, the piloting was alright too.

yeah that's right, I used gobsmacked!

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
If DJI gave a test unit to Robert 2 months ago they would had doubled the units sold.

Sadly the reduced price period is over.
Agreed, but you can't fault them when their whole ad campaign clearly stated "Take the chance". Looks like that chance may have paid off.