Zenmuse z15n Testing (S800)

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Finally got my Z15n and have been playing with it.
Had two test flights today and I'm blown away with the performance.
1st test flight the gimbal had some twitching (totally my error).

2nd test Flight is much better.
Its finishing uploading right now.

I have the same post over at RCG but I'm sure it will turn into a multi page bashing like usual. :)

jes1111

Impressive!

What's the inside story on the "no zoom lens" story? Can you try it and show us the results?

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Impressive!

What's the inside story on the "no zoom lens" story? Can you try it and show us the results?

I have no idea, I'm just using the 16mm lens on the Sony NEX5n.

I think the issue at hand is these motors on the gimbal are VERY sensitive to weight and the gimbal has to be calibrated per lens type. So (I think) if you use a zoom lens and the physical lens moves it changes the CG (balance).

vislaw

VERY damn impressive!!! ... I'm waiting for my GH2 version to arrive. Interestingly, I wasn't asked about my lens selection.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
looking good can't wait to try it out with the GH2, little vibrations from time to time strangely enough during hover, but so minimal i guess they can be tackled !

for now it seems like DJI hasn't promised anything they are not holding !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
VERY damn impressive!!! ... I'm waiting for my GH2 version to arrive. Interestingly, I wasn't asked about my lens selection.

vislaw i also got the GH1/2 version and i got a mail asking which lens I will be using write them a mail to clear it up.

Boris

Nice! Your video is quite unique as i don't think I have seen a gimbal work so well. And your flight routine really demonstrated it well. Particularly like the forward acceleration portions.

Dji should have done something similar, I bet even more pre-orders would have been placed. I was never very interested prior to your video but you just changed that.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Looks great. Can you post how yours is set up with the Zenmuse, down link etc...

Flying solo, no downlink, 3 axis, pan is locked, never balanced a blade, 2nd flight, no software to even make fine adjustments, two 6s 5000mah lipos swinging and not really mounted secure, didn't even fine tune the WKM gains at all.

Can't wait to fly tomorrow. :)

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
looking good can't wait to try it out with the GH2, little vibrations from time to time strangely enough during hover, but so minimal i guess they can be tackled !

for now it seems like DJI hasn't promised anything they are not holding !

Boris

Oh, they are holding a lot more then they are promising I can tell you that. :)

Great things to come from DJI....just wait. :strawberry:

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Nice! Your video is quite unique as i don't think I have seen a gimbal work so well. And your flight routine really demonstrated it well. Particularly like the forward acceleration portions.

Dji should have done something similar, I bet even more pre-orders would have been placed. I was never very interested prior to your video but you just changed that.

Well I have been the original N. American Dist. for DJI for a reason. Did many XP 3.1 and Ace One Demo videos.

I like to shoot videos showing how well something works or doesn't. Not to shoot a video with smoke and mirrors. Its funny because some people tell me I need to add music to them. Personally, I like hearing the motors/wind etc..

I'm heading to the "cottage" on Lake Michigan for Memorial Weekend so I plan to do a lot of shooting now.

Bigrock

Wow that is some of the most stabile footage I have seen. I never thought a gimbal would be worth this much money but I might be proven wrong if I see more of these types of raw footage from it.

Is there any post stabilization in the video?
Are you using the wkm gimbal outputs for stabalization? There's only two right?
Were you mainly flying in atti mode or gps in that video?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eoin

Flying solo, no downlink, 3 axis, pan is locked, never balanced a blade, 2nd flight, no software to even make fine adjustments, two 6s 5000mah lipos swinging and not really mounted secure, didn't even fine tune the WKM gains at all.

Can't wait to fly tomorrow. :)

Wow ! Am really encouraged by this Robert. Thank you for posting it. I can't wait to see more. Can you try some shooting with the pan unlocked ? I really can't wait to get mine now :) Have to make a decision on my lens today !