Zenmuse z15n Testing (S800)

plingboot

very impressive indeed.

i don't have any particular issue with one set-up requiring one particular lens, but it would be good for DJI to advise, include application settings and/or supply additional gimbal components so other (NEX) lenses can be used - ie have a growing modular approach to camera and lenses. I wouldn't expect this to cover every make and model, but it would seem like good sense to cover the lenses available for the cameras they are going to support.

if only i had a wedge of cash doing nowt…

Eoin

I received an email from DJI informing me that when you change lens you can make the adjustment using the assistant software. Also that popular lenses will be supported.

HeinzABF

hi Robert,

i´m very impressed regarding these video.

I did my first testflight today with the S800 and i´m a little bit confused regarding the LED´s under the motors. There are 2 red and 4 green lights.
Is that correct?

Heinz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp Heinz,

two red and four green, best is to put the arms with the red light/lEDS to the back or thats the way I prefer it, to have the red lights indicate the back of the bird

Boris

HeinzABF

Hello Boris,

i will change two arms. 2 red´s on the back.

First test flight was 8 Minutes, weight 4420 grams (at the moment without gimbal) , 6S-8000, after the flight i charged 3542 mAh.

I think thats pretty good.

Heinz

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Hello Boris,

i will change two arms. 2 red´s on the back.

First test flight was 8 Minutes, weight 4420 grams (at the moment without gimbal) , 6S-8000, after the flight i charged 3542 mAh.

I think thats pretty good.

Heinz

442mah per minute using 80% of 8000mah will give you 14-15min flight times.

Not bad at all.

Note: I used a calculator. :)

tstrike

pendejo grande
Very impressive footage Rob. Just how did they get the gimbal to mount to the frame, any kind of vibration dampers? Am I the only person in this hobby who DOESN'T have a freekin 20 acre meadow for a back yard?

azure

I've been shooting aerials as a Director/DP in full sized helis for years; with high-end GS rigs like Wescam, Gyrosphere, Cineflex... Even though, in its current incarnation, it can only carry a consumer camera, for what it is, it truly kicks ***. Impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

I'd be very interested to see some detail photos showing the NEX on it's mount, the gimbal arms and how the gimbal attaches to the S800 - and any wiring that need to be hidden etc.

What connection options (for controlling the camera - shutter release etc) come as standard?

What options are there for controlling each axis via a pot on the radio?

Can the camera be rotated 90º so it stabilised in portrait orientation?

I'm assuming live feed from the hdmi isn't a standard option (ie a doohicky for connecting the hdmi feed to a third party Vtx)?

Is there room on the camera mount to mount an FPV cam for framing shots?

If you have chance could you do a clip (with the gopro again) showing the yaw lock function - ie so the gimbal is stabilised and looks forward while the S800 yaws around it?

The gimbal appears (on paper) to be quite weighty compared to things like the unreleased PH Hero gimbals - do you know whether DJI have a lighter (composite?) version in the works?

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I think it was a misunderstanding from the beginning on that DJi always talked about the Zenmuse being 1.2 or 1.3 Kg inkl. a Nex5/7 or a GH1/2 and than the Hero 200 was announced at NAB with the weight of around 800 grams elk. a cam etc.

It is more or less that same thing when it comes to the motors and mechanics the real difference will be on the IMU and the algorithm if they didn't cooperate on that one.

Boris

I really hope PH gets their act together and bring the AV130-AV200 upgrade kit to market soon. I havent even used my 360 AV200 to justify throwing it away.

View attachment 4398

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 305