Yes, its another Tarot 680 PRO build

Nice build and good looking rig!
Waiting on some new vids and photo's taken with it!

Yeah i haven't really been uploading any videos... I've got tons of footage but nothing i really deem worthy of uploading.
I've only ever really been flying round where i work (local high school). Would like to go out and about, but i don't have enough batteries or a decent charger yet. Its really hard to get the batteries i need imported into NZ, not to mention i can only get more as i can afford them.

Here is the most recent which was published by our local newspaper:

And one i uploaded to our school youtube channel:

Couple of first flight ones from last year:

Thanks to your thread I've decided to build one of these as my experimental test bed. It looks like a good basis for experimentation. Big enough to be stable and to support the size of payload I am anticipating. Initially I'm hoping to fly a lens camera such as the Olympus Air 01.

I've ordered the airframe that is enough to keep me busy to start with while I decide on the motors and flight controller.

Thanks to your thread I've decided to build one of these as my experimental test bed. It looks like a good basis for experimentation. Big enough to be stable and to support the size of payload I am anticipating. Initially I'm hoping to fly a lens camera such as the Olympus Air 01.

I've ordered the airframe that is enough to keep me busy to start with while I decide on the motors and flight controller.

Sounds interesting flying the Air 01, are you going to make a custom gimbal for it or adapt a generic one?

I was hoping to try one of the ones made for the Sony QX series or to adapt maybe a Gopro one.

Weight wise it is about 150g and I'll probably put a lens of between 70 and 150g on it.

It's not released in the UK or Europe and currently I'm having trouble getting its SDK. I'm not entirely sure it is the right approach, but it's potentially a very high quality lightweight way to get stills.

Main question is whether it will be acceptable to run the cameras wifi or bluetooth network on the drone. My preference is BT if I can get it to work, then talk to it from a Raspberry Pi A+ which has HDMI out.

The Tarot has shipped with normal arms, debating whether just to do this one on the cheap and upgrade it later to a spec like yours with the 800 motors and longer arms. Could be a waste of money on the cheap bits I guess. But it would be interesting to try out the open source flight controllers and what have you to create something less expensive and in a sense 'expendable' for semi-hostile environments... as I think some of the local farmers may delight in a variant on clay pigeon shooting...

I was hoping to try one of the ones made for the Sony QX series or to adapt maybe a Gopro one.

Weight wise it is about 150g and I'll probably put a lens of between 70 and 150g on it.

It's not released in the UK or Europe and currently I'm having trouble getting its SDK. I'm not entirely sure it is the right approach, but it's potentially a very high quality lightweight way to get stills.

Main question is whether it will be acceptable to run the cameras wifi or bluetooth network on the drone. My preference is BT if I can get it to work, then talk to it from a Raspberry Pi A+ which has HDMI out.

The Tarot has shipped with normal arms, debating whether just to do this one on the cheap and upgrade it later to a spec like yours with the 800 motors and longer arms. Could be a waste of money on the cheap bits I guess. But it would be interesting to try out the open source flight controllers and what have you to create something less expensive and in a sense 'expendable' for semi-hostile environments... as I think some of the local farmers may delight in a variant on clay pigeon shooting...

Sounds like an interesting project, let me know when you've started a thread for your build.

Should get the Olympus camera delivered tomorrow and look forward to testing the camera. I was wondering where you got your extended arms for the 680. A guy on the DJI forums says he managed to use the E800 set without longer arms by pushing the motor mounts out about 1/2 an inch. It sounds like a good idea in theory but in his images the prop tips look awfully close.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Do you mean keep the booms the same length and just clamp less boom by moving the motor mount?

If so, I'm not sure that would be the best idea.

Yes, I'm not sure either. Apparently this other user pushed the mounts out another 1/2" instead of getting longer arms.

Any guidance on where to buy the right longer arms from? There are places on Ebay but the ones I've seen are more expensive for a set than the whole Tarot 680 Pro cost me.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That doesn't sound like a great idea.

Unfortunately I only know decent vendors in the states. Maybe hobby king has some local to you???

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I knew that from your profile - which is super helpful BTW, and sadly underused.

I use fly carbon here in the U.S. Good prices.

Just make sure you check the thickness of the CF.

soundsk

Hey there!

That's a similar build to the one I'm just completing. It's my first drone build BTW, coming from a modified phantom.
You can see the build log here: http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=15267.0

One question though, I saw you posted these gains:
BASIC
Pitch: 235
Roll: 235
Yaw: 100
Vertical: 100

ATTITUDE
Pitch: 150
Roll: 150

I'm configuring the Naza tonight, right after I install the BTU, and would like to start test flying tomorrow if the weather improves, but I have no idea what gains to set. Do you think this would be a good starting point, or should I start around the 100% mark in every variable and go from there?

Many thanks for sharing!