Yes, its another Tarot 680 PRO build

Removed the top plate and arms last night ready for the new arms etc..

As you can see the arm clips don't last, well the red ones don't, black seems to be stronger.

Looking a little more complete.

Went with mounting the retracts on the fixed arms as was suggested by jhkiom on RCGroups.
As a note i had 16mm tube clamps, they arent in the 680pro kit. I also had two kits, one had the little orange nut bridge thingy and the other had a base plate with captive nuts, so i didn't need an extra bridge, longer screws or nuts.

The new size as measured is 800 motor to motor. So its a Tarot 800 pro with E800 propulsion!

So mechanically its all complete. I have gone through setting up the ESC's, all good, came with the latest firmware (they were only manufactured a few weeks ago).
Just got some tweaking of the FC and radio to do and it be up for a fly.

Tucked the excess led cabling under the motor plate.

All secured.

Wiring isn't pretty, but its secure and working.

Job done! mostly

Having the retracts out on the arms has free'd up a lot of space under the center piece, which should give me plenty of room to mount a bigger gimbal and run a NEX or BMPCC camera, when funds are available. Right now will have to continue with the H3-3D and Hero 4 Black

Weather isn't looking good for the weekend, fingers crossed.

Ive had two flights so far, just dialling in the gains.

This is what i have so far:
BASIC
Pitch: 235
Roll: 235
Yaw: 100
Vertical: 100

ATTITUDE
Pitch: 150
Roll: 150

I'm about to do a third flight to dial in the Yaw.

For the first flight i wasn't really keeping an eye on the clock as i was dialing in the basic gains. On charging i put back in 77.7%. I'm using two nano-tech 6000mah 3S batteries in series as we cannot get anything over 4S air freighted. I'm doing some enquiries to some NZ based hobby shops that are importing the bigger batteries, most just have small 2-3S flight batteries for planes etc.

The second flight last evening, i got 10 mins but after charging found it only put back in 48%.
Ive tweaked the voltage warning in the NAZA, will see what happens.

Well, looks like third time's the charm!

17min 30sec flight, this was in quite breezy conditions as well in GPS mode, so the craft was working harder to keep itself in position. Wasn't all hovering, did some back and forward, side to side, short punch outs, etc... couldn't do a whole lot with the wind.

Need a bigger charger. Took well over two hours to recharge the two 6000mah 3S nano-techs in series.

Used 5362mah in that last flight (89%)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
+1 on the iChargers. Great units. Pumpkin is right. Get a good power supply, or even cheaper, make one from a couple server PS.

Looking good - and great flight times I'm toasted after 10 minutes! :)

Stupidly enough I threw out some old HP servers at the start of the year.
I've seen people do they same thing with the newer 1000w+ desktop PSU's, but looking at the price of them its just the same to buy a proper power supply.

Yeah, i'm much happier with getting 16min, before this upgrade I was getting about 8min at best.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If you find decent shape Power supplies on eBay you can do a 24V version for about $30. That's way cheaper than the PS I bought. But then you need to wire it up etc.

Moshe Mosh

Howdy,

So ive just bought a second hand Blade 350 QX to learn to fly multirotors, but have been spending a lot of time researching and coming up with my first DIY build.

I'm looking at a hex and something that is a good starting platform for aerial filming and fpv. I plan to start with using a GoPro and move up to the likes of a Sony NEX.
So ive decided on the following and any and all comments from seasoned/experienced flyers is greatly welcomed.

FRAME: Tarot Iron Man F680 PRO
FC: DJI NAZA M v2 with GPS and iOSDmini
Tx/Rx: Futaba T14SG and R7008SB
MOTORS: Tarot 4006 620KV
ESC: ZTW Spider Series 30A OPTO (undecided yet on getting RangeVideo's SimonK flashed ones or originals - someone please convince me which way!)
PROPs: RangeVideo 13x5.5 Carbon for when carrying a load / RangeVideo 11x5.5 for no load flying
BATT: 2x RangeVideo RV Power 16000mAh 4S1P 15/30C LiPo
vTx/vRx: ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mw transmitter / BlackPearl 7" LCD (RangeVideo) (will get goggles later)
GIMBAL: DYS 3 Axis GoPro with AlexMos controller / gimbal for NEX undecided at this stage, possibly DYS one with an upgrade to the 32bit AlexMos controller

Attached are my ecalc calculations under various loads/battery configs

View attachment 18782View attachment 18783View attachment 18784View attachment 18785View attachment 18786View attachment 18787

Thanks for your time and feedback, it will be much appreciated.
Howdy,

So ive just bought a second hand Blade 350 QX to learn to fly multirotors, but have been spending a lot of time researching and coming up with my first DIY build.

I'm looking at a hex and something that is a good starting platform for aerial filming and fpv. I plan to start with using a GoPro and move up to the likes of a Sony NEX.
So ive decided on the following and any and all comments from seasoned/experienced flyers is greatly welcomed.

FRAME: Tarot Iron Man F680 PRO
FC: DJI NAZA M v2 with GPS and iOSDmini
Tx/Rx: Futaba T14SG and R7008SB
MOTORS: Tarot 4006 620KV
ESC: ZTW Spider Series 30A OPTO (undecided yet on getting RangeVideo's SimonK flashed ones or originals - someone please convince me which way!)
PROPs: RangeVideo 13x5.5 Carbon for when carrying a load / RangeVideo 11x5.5 for no load flying
BATT: 2x RangeVideo RV Power 16000mAh 4S1P 15/30C LiPo
vTx/vRx: ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mw transmitter / BlackPearl 7" LCD (RangeVideo) (will get goggles later)
GIMBAL: DYS 3 Axis GoPro with AlexMos controller / gimbal for NEX undecided at this stage, possibly DYS one with an upgrade to the 32bit AlexMos controller

Attached are my ecalc calculations under various loads/battery configs

View attachment 18782View attachment 18783View attachment 18784View attachment 18785View attachment 18786View attachment 18787

Thanks for your time and feedback, it will be much appreciated.

Moshe Mosh

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and to the RC world. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience about the Tarot 680 project. I like very much your Pics and the nice job you did. I start putting together what is necessary to build a Tarot 680 Pro based on your project list in this thread. Please advise based on your year + since you built your Tarot 680, whether you would change/add anything and/or do things differently. Thanks for your response.

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and to the RC world. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience about the Tarot 680 project. I like very much your Pics and the nice job you did. I start putting together what is necessary to build a Tarot 680 Pro based on your project list in this thread. Please advise based on your year + since you built your Tarot 680, whether you would change/add anything and/or do things differently. Thanks for your response.

Thanks. If you have read through the posts you would see that earlier this year i changed out the propulsion system for DJI's E800 system (Motors, ESCs, Props) as well as extending the arms to fit the larger props, adding retracts, and going to a 6S battery. If you don't want to go the for E800 i would recommend the SunnySky motors as a lot of people have had great success with these on this frame.
More info can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2371523
Also suggest checking out these threads over at RCGroups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2382293
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2063435
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2373371
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2373383
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2232599

Moshe Mosh

Thank you for your quick and useful response. I will follow your recommendation and will research and read the related threads. Do you suggest I will buy the Tarot 960 frame instead the 680?

Thank you for your quick and useful response. I will follow your recommendation and will research and read the related threads. Do you suggest I will buy the Tarot 960 frame instead the 680?

All depends on what you want to do with it. Are you wanting a craft to mount a camera to? what size camera? GoPro, Sony NEX, GH4, DSLR, RED?

If you go for the 960 frame, then you will need lower KV motors, larger props, etc... as the items i'm using are designed for the size/weight craft i have. I wanted something that could carry a GoPro and then when funds came available move up to the likes of a Sony NEx style/weight camera and gimbal.

I'd like to be able to just tell you what to get, but that would defeat the purpose, you just need to figure out what you want to do/achieve and do your research. I'm by no means an expert at this, i only started a little over a year ago and just did my research and went ahead.
what experience do you have if any with building RC crafts and flying multi-rotor craft? If none, then i would honestly look at buying like a blade nano qx or 200 qx to start with to learn to fly and get a feel for how they operate. Jumping to something the size of a 960 is asking for trouble, but hey you maybe very capable and a fast learner, i don't know.