XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

Hello XAircraft Goodbye DJI

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a SuperX basic with Stella and OSD. Looks like I'll be getting one from the new shipment after the 25th. This will replace the NAZA ver2 with Zenmuse I'm using on my perennial home brew folder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP593RVQ4e0

The NAZA Zenmuse outputs perfect video but has three problems 1. sub par fpv view through GoPro3 showing horizontal interference lines 2. lense mounts to the outside instead of the inside making it impossible to center on a spider style quad 3. Can only be used with a NAZA fc system.

Also, it looks like XAircraft is heading in the right direction technically and seems to have much better customer support than DJI. As an example, I had a 2 month old NAZA M ver2 go south and brought it in to the local distributor thinking they would just replace it. Nope, they are sending it back to China to be checked out. They said don't expect it for 3 months. Time to get off that bus, ha ha.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a SuperX basic with Stella and OSD. Looks like I'll be getting one from the new shipment after the 25th. This will replace the NAZA ver2 with Zenmuse I'm using on my perennial home brew folder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP593RVQ4e0

The NAZA Zenmuse outputs perfect video but has three problems 1. sub par fpv view through GoPro3 showing horizontal interference lines 2. lense mounts to the outside instead of the inside making it impossible to center on a spider style quad 3. Can only be used with a NAZA fc system.

Also, it looks like XAircraft is heading in the right direction technically and seems to have much better customer support than DJI. As an example, I had a 2 month old NAZA M ver2 go south and brought it in to the local distributor thinking they would just replace it. Nope, they are sending it back to China to be checked out. They said don't expect it for 3 months. Time to get off that bus, ha ha.

Welcome, what FPV TX/RX are you using or going to be using?

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Guys....thought I would throw this out there. Just bought a set of T-Motor 12x4 props for my X650Pro. Balanced out of the box, and the quad is smooth as silk! Yeah, they cost some bucks, but as long as I keep this thing in the air it seems worth it. The quality is great!

They could probably get the price down somewhat if they ditched the custom felt bags with pull tie ends! ;)

~T.J.

A very lucky you, :nevreness: the retailer here in Oz had a run on them an is out of stock until end March but then they will be mine.

Daniel:
i heard they where good i bought a sigma carbon fiber 12-3.5 which is to twitchy but 4 should be good i think you should get better time.

There is no comparison to the T-Motor props and certainly not carbon fibre props, did you balance them including the HUB?

David

Dhardjono

David I got lucky only 2 had to be balance a little bought them from Hobby Wings they said they got new dealer who balance them and I see there is some sanding on the props
2 for 20 doll

Aerovideo

Welcome Paul, I'm sure you're going to like the Super X. I know I do!

Nice work on your HomeBrew frame, you are getting super smooth results from it! That sure looks a lot different than the originals :)

Welcome Paul, I'm sure you're going to like the Super X. I know I do!

Nice work on your HomeBrew frame, you are getting super smooth results from it! That sure looks a lot different than the originals :)

Ha, your original home brew is to blame for this miserable addiction. I hope it never ends ;))

Aerovideo

It never ends!

I just found a Taranis Radio in stock and bought it, woohoo! I can finally hang with the cool kids :)

Now I just have to get my 2nd Super X and I'll be set.

jeff7457

Clueless but hopeful
Hello,

Brand new here and I have been reading every post on the X65Pro and Superx and I am planning a build using those items. I have a few questions and hope someone could help. I plan to use a Spektrum DX8 and a Spektrum AR8000 receiver on this build. I have read in the AR8000 manual that the AR8000 is not recommended for use in Carbon airframes. Is there anyone using this receiver on the X650Pro? Are you having any issues? Should I pick up a Spektrum AR9300?

Thanks,'
Jeff

wbrownj

Hi Jeff,
Yup I use the DX8 / AR8000 with no problems.... I never saw that that thing about using it with CF frames :tennis:
I use it with its satellite antenna and all has been good. To be honest I do not fly at HUGE distances but I have never had any sense of loss of control or anything. The x650 Pro and SuperX is FANTASTIC and I wish you every success with your build.
Go with whichever rx makes you feel comfortable but the ar8000 is working fine for me. Of course the top of the x650 is not CF so that may be why I see no issues.

Jonathan

jeff7457

Clueless but hopeful
Hi Jeff,
Yup I use the DX8 / AR8000 with no problems.... I never saw that that thing about using it with CF frames :tennis:
I use it with its satellite antenna and all has been good. To be honest I do not fly at HUGE distances but I have never had any sense of loss of control or anything. The x650 Pro and SuperX is FANTASTIC and I wish you every success with your build.
Go with whichever rx makes you feel comfortable but the ar8000 is working fine for me. Of course the top of the x650 is not CF so that may be why I see no issues.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan! I am looking forward to it's maiden flight. I plan to add the stella and GoPro with OSD after I get some flying time in.

Dhardjono

Hi guys i just got some carbon props from foxtech it's supreme lite it looks like tiger motor prop but cost 15 doll a pair i got 12-5.5 it comes with adapters for different motors i had to balance 2 very little the other 2 was balance they are from the more expensive supreme prop that foxtech makes . I try them today with 15 mph wind and gust at 20 mph snd both 650 and prop was taking it with no problems . I also bought prop quick release from foxtech just screw props of was scared to try but it works so far 3 battery today with both new prop and new quick release so far great i still need more test in how much quick turn from 4.7-to 5.5 and want to test how much battery life i get here few pictures. View attachment 16882

Attachments

• 2014-03-19 19.16.53.jpg
    2014-03-19 19.16.53.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 2014-03-20 12.25.08.jpg
    2014-03-20 12.25.08.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 2014-03-19 17.43.33.jpg
    2014-03-19 17.43.33.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 2014-03-20 12.24.51.jpg
    2014-03-20 12.24.51.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 279

Dhardjono

Here's video of the foxtech supreme lite it not bad there still little vibration so i use some stabilization filter on the video it much faster than plastic stock and for the price it good overall i order some 11 inch one's will test.The quick releas props are great work s and i love how easy it come out.

I am bought these on my own just wanted to share with you guys for a cheaper carbon props.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

Hit a small branch prop was badly damage did not know but 650 pro still flying good w

i went back to apc plastic prop for practice fpv and hit a branch slightly did not know how bad that prop was damage it was a very windy day this day. View attachment 16956
Still she fly's good
:tennis:
Just sharing my incident with you guys!

Attachments

• 2014-03-23 14.49.28.jpg
    2014-03-23 14.49.28.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 280

karri3nen

Hi! We finally got 2 650x´s :) and bought OSD´s also to our all Superx brain´s for bigger copters! One question and note to the factory:
Manuals suuck´s ;) and product´s are amazing!
Question about ESC´s:
-Which esc´s there really are on x650 pro package, Can´t find any info about it? ESC: XAircraft 30A ESC. " ?
We flew with one already and it works OK, but felt that some simonK we been flying works faster. Anyway I admit that we didn+t even throttle calibrate our xaircraft esc´s yet. Still flying ok. Just feels slower than some SimonK flashed one´s yesterday´s 30 knot gust´s :).
Or do anyone link about what Esc´s we got and how to "threat" them? Are those Ultra PWM?
Anyway We´re happy to the premium product again. Just much work outside filming and tired to google all connection information, like OSD manual suck´s too baaad. Thanks to Forum´s we found wire with righ color to AV :)

Here´s short "making of" from movie shoot trip from Lapland, Finland :)

skquad

Hi! We finally got 2 650x´s :) and bought OSD´s also to our all Superx brain´s for bigger copters! One question and note to the factory:
Manuals suuck´s ;) and product´s are amazing!
Question about ESC´s:
-Which esc´s there really are on x650 pro package, Can´t find any info about it? ESC: XAircraft 30A ESC. " ?
We flew with one already and it works OK, but felt that some simonK we been flying works faster. Anyway I admit that we didn+t even throttle calibrate our xaircraft esc´s yet. Still flying ok. Just feels slower than some SimonK flashed one´s yesterday´s 30 knot gust´s :).
Or do anyone link about what Esc´s we got and how to "threat" them? Are those Ultra PWM?
Anyway We´re happy to the premium product again. Just much work outside filming and tired to google all connection information, like OSD manual suck´s too baaad. Thanks to Forum´s we found wire with righ color to AV :)

Here´s short "making of" from movie shoot trip from Lapland, Finland :)

DO NOT throttle calibrate your ESC's. They don't need it. I did mine accidentally (I forgot) and have had trouble with them since -have to recalibrate again (for the 5th time).