XAircraft XAircraft Camera Mounts !!! In-Stock !!! XAircraft USA

Bowley

Nice steadiness in the mount, much smoother than I can achieve, my video is very jittery.
Are you using the stock G50 & G20 servos?
What are your gimbal gain and refresh settings in XA centre?

Bowley

Cheers for that CBob, I adjusted my refresh from 20 to 5ms, I'll try 2ms, didnt think the XA servos's would handle 500Hz
I've ordered a 12 bit 0,08ms savox 1258TG servo for the roll axis. Hopefully see an improvement, I'll post the results up here.

Steve

Bowley

I swapped the XA G50 servo for the Savox 1258TG.
I didn't expect the results to be perfect and the're not,,,but what a heck of improvement.
I think what jitter is left could be dealt with in post,,,what do you guys reckon?

Stock XA 2X Mount;

With Savox 1258TG Servo in roll axis;

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

I'll get them bearings oiled up asap, cheers.
I needed to do a bit of re-working to get the Savox to fit, just a bit of hole widening and slotting. I still have the BEC set at 5v so I am not getting the full speed (00.8ms @ 6V) so I reckon I can get it a little better than that. I dont yet know whether the other XA servo (G20) can handle 6V so I've held off switching it. XA USA is supposed to be getting back to me to let me know if this is OK.
Are you getting any play where your tray fits on to the roll axis shaft? I had to replace my grub screws today as they got rounded off with all the tightening down. seems to be a little better now.

I've had to look at those grub screws a couple of times, they don't seem to want to stay tight. The vibration from the motors shakes them loose so I just check them for tightness every other flight. Just seems like my preflight list just gets longer and longer.

Bowley

@ Jeff, Bert of XA USA, Hey guys, havn't received my trigger kit yet, I've emailed and PM'd to no avail.
What happening? Bert you'll find my PM's in reference to it in your PM inbox.

Thanks

Steve

mercurypro

my dealing with xaircraftusa are out the door forever.. called jeff after 5day of not getting thru...and finaly order just a motor ..this was on 3/12/20012 .. he said it mail that day and i payed on paypal that morning..iam only 2 days by normail mail.. well its the 20th now..and i pay for 2-3 day express mail.. still havent seen it.. bad busness.. he seem talk alot and not deliver... your choice ..its my opion ...

ISCGDave

Just to add to this discussion, he (xaircraftusa) still owes me 2-5000 Lipos and a light kit that I bought from him back in December. I should have known better after reading posts before i bought them from him but I am big on giving everyone a chance to prove others wrong. Not so with this guy.

Bowley

Did the Savox fit straight in as an replacement for the G50 servo?

No I had to do a bit of work to get the gears lined up. I got a savox to replace the G20 as well but it wont fit full stop, the gears dont meet and I cant see any way to work round it other than using a belt if I can find one to connect the servo gear and tilt tray gear.

However Bert, formerly of xausa suggested these: I suggest the Futaba 9252 to replace the G50 and a Futaba 9650 to replace the G20

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

I'm not sure Totality, I cant find any spec on the G50 and G20's at all. A lot of the performance is down to the FC or gimbal stabilizer though.