XAircraft XAircraft Camera Mounts !!! In-Stock !!! XAircraft USA

XAircraft USA < < < <Link to KITS !!!

First shipment arrived today !!

~ All Carbon Fiber and CNC Aluminum

~ Smooth Gear Drive System on Both Axis

~ Extreme Quality

~ Potentiometers on both Axis

~ 2 Versions "GoPro Mount and Point-n-Shoot" Identical Mounts, accept Point-n-Shoot Version has servo controlled camera trigger, GoPro Verson has CF Holder"

~ Affordably priced @ "ONLY 259.00 for Kit W/Custom made Servos !!!!

~ Add 75.00 for Custom PreBuilt RTF Version

~ First Shipment Already SOLD OUT !

~ More arriving in approximately 10 days !!! Order Yours NOW !!

~ Will fit virtually Any Quad or Mutli Rotor but comes with load assembly for the X650 Load Mounts.

~ PreOrder Yours NOW for fastest Delivery

~ InStock X650V-4, X650V-8 and X450 Pro Kits !!!

~ Huge Parts Inventory NOW InStock for all Aircraft !!!

View attachment 1139 <<<XAircraft USA's First Build, Finished about 1 hr AGO

Factory Photos >>>View attachment 1140View attachment 1141View attachment 1142View attachment 1143

Attachments

• SL380005.jpg
    SL380005.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 310
  • P1010898.JPG
    P1010898.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 299
  • P1010900.JPG
    P1010900.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 461
  • P1010903.JPG
    P1010903.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 398
  • P1010906.JPG
    P1010906.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

Aere photos 2 and 3 the point and shoot version and photos 4 and 5 are the gopro version?
How long would you guess it takes to assemble?
Do you have any actual video footage from one of these mounts... thanks for your time.

Aere photos 2 and 3 the point and shoot version and photos 4 and 5 are the gopro version?
How long would you guess it takes to assemble?
Do you have any actual video footage from one of these mounts... thanks for your time.

Built one last night, not sure how long. They aren't hugely complex!!fi

Will ASSURE you of their quality, mounts will perform and do their job beautifully. Will shoot video over the weekend, of mount functioning PLUS video from mount. Will link it here :) Thanks for asking :) ~Jeffery

Yes, is the order of mounts in photo(s)

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Do you know the max size of point and shoot camera that can fit the CM130C-TPS? I am in the middle of choosing the camera mount and this seems to go well with v4 and v8. I hope props doesnt show. Thanks

Do you know the max size of point and shoot camera that can fit the CM130C-TPS? I am in the middle of choosing the camera mount and this seems to go well with v4 and v8. I hope props doesnt show. Thanks

Props ABSOLUTELY do not show. The camera in almost directly underneath the props. The tray w=4 d=2.25 ... Hope this helps.

Also width can be easily adapted by adding a custom/longer tray and longer rear/roll plate VERY easily. We are in the process of making a 5" wide adaptor kit.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Also width can be easily adapted by adding a custom/longer tray and longer rear/roll plate VERY easily. We are in the process of making a 5" wide adaptor kit.

Interesting to know that it can be extend but interested to know how thats done. I plan to put a Camera with Dimensions (Approx.) : W x H x D: 4 1/4" x 2 3/8" x 1 3/8" (104.8mm x 59.0mm x 33.9mm) and you 5" adapter fits well. Hope to see some photo and most likely I can order from you. My other option is from Germany and seller not responding :( Glad I found this post

Boltzman

Hi!

What is the weight including servos and the top Xaircraft mount?
Assume all the poti are mounted externally on the roll/tilt axis?

BR

Boltzman

Kilby

Yes, the FC that comes with the 650 has outputs for pitch & roll servos as well as a servo to snap photos.

Emowillcox

Looks like a great platform for the price. Just trying to make sure I understand if you have the 650 and you get this xaircraft mount.... is it pretty much
plug and play? I hoping Jeff has time this weekend to make some video from the new mount and post it. I'm excited to see the mount in action!

Nothing in the XAircraft world is plug and play :nevreness:

My guess is that the assembly will be as easy as building the X650 was, and there will be some need to tweak gains to get it to perform admirably. I'd also guess that some work may need to be done to reduce vibrations (prop balancing, vibration dampening) and I'm anxious to see if any servo noise makes it through to the camera with this setup.

If it's your expectation that you'll put it together and it will be great right out of the box with no other work, I suspect (just like with the quads themselves) that you'll be disappointed. If it's your expectation to put it together and spend some time tweaking it and making small adjustments to the hardware and software, I expect you'll be happy.

Emowillcox

hi NMonkey.. thanks for response... i'm fishing around for info on the new xaircraft stuff... in the past I had not been overly impressed with the
xaircraft stuff.. but seems like second generation stuff is coming around and has potential. Your right about having to tweak and work on the stuff.. I assumed that would be the case. I just never had a multicopter with a camera mount using servos. Most of my experience with the multicopters has been with mostly with homemade type stuff, but recently was looking to get a more professional type platform like MK or DJI. This would be a pretty big investment for me and I have not been impressed enough to pull the trigger on that investment yet. Trying to understand more about this new mount and if I can figure it out with my limited camera mount experience.
Maybe the new xaircraft camera mount and x650 might be a good start for me.

Bowley

Props ABSOLUTELY do not show. The camera in almost directly underneath the props. The tray w=4 d=2.25 ... Hope this helps.

Are these 5" plates going to be available soon? The 4" ones are great for my Gopro but just too small for the other cameras on my shortlist to buy, plus might need a little space for AV out jack.

Emowillcox

Hey Jeff any news or videos.. I’m kind of interested to see if you got if you had time to work with the Xaircraft stuff this weekend?

hi NMonkey.. thanks for response... i'm fishing around for info on the new xaircraft stuff... in the past I had not been overly impressed with the
xaircraft stuff.. but seems like second generation stuff is coming around and has potential.

Well if you're looking to buy I would hold off a few days on XAircraft. Expecting announcement soon about next gen. Flight controller and attitude / heading reference system.

Your right about having to tweak and work on the stuff.. I assumed that would be the case. I just never had a multicopter with a camera mount using servos. Most of my experience with the multicopters has been with mostly with homemade type stuff, but recently was looking to get a more professional type platform like MK or DJI. This would be a pretty big investment for me and I have not been impressed enough to pull the trigger on that investment yet. Trying to understand more about this new mount and if I can figure it out with my limited camera mount experience.
Maybe the new xaircraft camera mount and x650 might be a good start for me.

What do you want? Do you want something that will hold position well and let you concentrate on photo / video shots or are you okay with something that flies okay but won't hold position too well? The DJI is very good at stability and pos. Hold. Xair is okay at stability but I've yet to see one demonstrate good pos. Hold esp. In any wind.

So if you need something for work and want to concentrate on photo / video and not on flying, think DJI. If you want to have fun flying and maybe also make some good photo / videos, save some cash and go for Xair. You could also get Xair stuff and later on put DJI electronics on Xair platform if the XA electronics displease you. DJI's strength is flight control electronics and sensors, they'll mate well with an XAir platform.

Emowillcox

HI NormMonkey.. thanks for the input and information about Xaircraft. As for what I want its been a tuff decision and I have wavered back and
forth now several times. Wanted to go with a high end plat form like MK or DJI. After reading about some initials problems with DJI decided it
might be better for me to wait on that plat form. Then started to look at MK stuff and even got help from someone using MK stuff to help me pick out what I would need for that build. Had problems with the shopping cart on the MK web site I was using and never got a response to my email.
That being said I started to think maybe to hold off on my investment on a high end system.
Like you said might be able to save some cash and get a Xaircraft system going that might do what I need for now. Right now my goal is to get a system in the air that has a camera mount using servos to try and steady the camera.
Bart has talked with me several times about how much i'll love GPS and Altitude hold once I try it. Up to now I have not had those options so
not sure what I am missing there yet.
Mostly for now I want a machine that I can shoot smooth video with. I 'd like to be able to get 5-15 second aerial video clips.

NormMonkey what are you flying? Thanks for your input.

HI NormMonkey.. thanks for the input and information about Xaircraft. As for what I want its been a tuff decision and I have wavered back and
forth now several times. Wanted to go with a high end plat form like MK or DJI. After reading about some initials problems with DJI decided it
might be better for me to wait on that plat form. Then started to look at MK stuff and even got help from someone using MK stuff to help me pick out what I would need for that build. Had problems with the shopping cart on the MK web site I was using and never got a response to my email.

I don't have a DJI but I've been watching the DJI thread over on RCG closely. It sounds to me like the MK route is harder to tune and has poor (official) support but is capable of great performance. AFAIK the DJI electronics are easier to work with, although still require some tuning, to get great performance.

People in the X650 thread on RCG have been trying and trying to get results from the GPS and compass, with only moderate success so far. No videos or even anecdotes report getting any XA equipment to do as well as DJI videos have proven the DJI electronics are capable of. The next gen. FC and AHRS (rumours about an announcement coming soon) might be much better, but no point speculating, best to wait 'til we see some reliable data, e.g. videos.

Right now my goal is to get a system in the air that has a camera mount using servos to try and steady the camera.
Bart has talked with me several times about how much i'll love GPS and Altitude hold once I try it. Up to now I have not had those options so
not sure what I am missing there yet.
Mostly for now I want a machine that I can shoot smooth video with. I 'd like to be able to get 5-15 second aerial video clips.

My quad doesn't have GPS so I don't know anything frirst-hand about position / altitude hold either, though I know how it works / what it's capable of from all the reports / videos out there in the DJI and X650 threads. I have seen some impressive videos of quads with DJI electronics on board, stuff that makes me wish XAir's were anywhere near as good. If they were I'd add an XAircraft GPS-S and compass to my setup faster than you can say Yowza. In the meantime my quad is still stable enough for me to have loads of fun flying it as often as I can.

There are videos out there (user Icke84 on RCG comes to mind) that already demonstrate good camera mount results on XAircraft platforms. Same for DJI which also provides servo stabilization.

In both cases it's a matter of tuning the gains to get the servos to react perfectly to the roll and pitch of the platform. It's also a matter of eliminating vibrations caused by the servos operating before they reach the camera. That's where videos from this mount will prove whether its servos are smooth or noisy.

On that point, Jeff, if you have one of the Keychain Cameras (search "HD 808 #11 keychain camera" for those unfamiliar) could you mount one on this camera mount and shoot some demo video? Because it weighs only 15 grams, that camera is excellent at showing any vibration that makes it through to the platform.

NormMonkey what are you flying? Thanks for your input.

In the multirotor world I have a X450 Pro, and I'm waiting on a X650V4 (which I later hope to convert to a V8, as I've heard these have comparatively better wind stability). As noted before my firsthand experience is only with XAir stuff, but I've kept a close enough eye on the DJI threads to be able to summarize the reports and opinions, and to weed out the randomness from the consistently reported results. In the regular heli world I have a little Blade mSR and a Blade CP Pro, but I only fly the mSR on a daily basis. Waiting 'til I get better at orientation, and until I can find a suitable place to fly, before I start running the CP Pro again.

I have some videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/normmonkey showing my X450P from an on-board keychain camera. No servo-stabilized camera mount, just sitting on the platform itself. You can see how it's mounted in the videos if yer curious.

Emowillcox

thanks for all the great info NormMonkey on all this stuff... I don’t get much time to check out forums so I usually spend my time here. The xair stuff looks like a good platform for the price. I”ll have to go and
check out some of the videos you mentioned.
I saw a cool youtube video from China on that x8 machine and liked how it breaks down.. could be fun for taking on some trips. Just very curious now to see how the results of the new mount and rumors will be. I figured by now we we might see some posts on here from Jeff at xair.. guess i’ll keep being patient
THe DJI stuff looks pretty impressive too.. I had kind of been wanting to go with 8 motor set up but I see they are limited to 6 now. Makes me wonder if they will change that platform in the near future.