UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Same here in Vermont my man. And temps in the 50's which is really making it feel like summer may only be 1 week long! Good grief!!!

SamaraMedia

Upper 40's here in CT this morning and a total of about 8" of rain in some parts over the past two days. Great review going Sleepy.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys, I have an all day production shoot with PB Blaster tomorrow, and then back at the review on Friday. Hopefully the weather will stay nice! The H6 is looking good though! And Gremsy just released a new Firmware update which is supposed to make the autotune better! Will report Friday!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.12 PM.png
    767.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.22 PM.png
    546.6 KB · Views: 513
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.26.40 PM.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 470
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.27.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.27.11 PM.png
    683.7 KB · Views: 497
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.27.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 7.27.23 PM.png
    568.1 KB · Views: 500

Cameraj

OK.. flight tuning of the old Cinestar sort of complete. Strapped on some old lipos that totaled 6.5 lbs (H6 + GH3/4 ) and then flew some in the front yard. I just got it hovering really nicely and a few trips around the yard so I think I will go to a larger field later today and try to get some real flights on the rig. I forgot how efficient this guy is. With the (2) 10,000 packs on her, I should be looking at 15 - 18 min of flight time!! But I'm double check that later with actual flights!

SleepyC,
What is the AUW of your cs6?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SleepyC,
What is the AUW of your cs6?

I'll have to weigh it, it's been a while since I did. But I know the old gimbal was .5lbs heaver then the H6 so I knew it was fine to fly.. I'll check. I'm doing a firmware update tonight and hope to get out tomorrow morning (weather permitting) and get some more testing in.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Slight delay in my plans.. I fell into the old "Keep working you need to get stuff done trap" and worked well in to the AM last night. I was working on this rig, getting the Connex ready to fly and such and charging things. Well in a moment of "Great Ideas" I decided to wire up my new 5000 mAh lipo for my Aurora A9 Radio that controls probably 75% of my rigs. The plug is a specific one and I had one just like it but with reversed wire colors. No problem thought the 1am Me, so I soldiered up the new lead and put shrink wrap over it and got caught up taking batts off the charger... got back to the battery project around 2am and thought WOAH these leads are reversed, so I popped the pins and switched the leads feeling like I just escaped a problem. Plugged in the new battery and watched my A9 release MANY smoke Angels. YEP.. fried that sucker. Lost probably 10 model memories and have several big gigs next week. SO today it was regroup and change radio systems.. So my Cinestar now has a Futaba radio and had to be completely reprogrammed and recalibrate to this radio... needless to say... DON'T WORK LATE INTO THE NIGHT. AND THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART IS NO BEER WAS CONSUMED, THIS WAS JUST ME BEING A DUMB ASS. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameraj

O man I'm sorry to here to that. I hope you get back in the air soon. I spent some time at the Connex both at cine gear today. What a great group of guys.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well my luck continues... not sure what the heck is going on but I hope my luck changes.
So after I blew up my radio I changed over to a futaba radio I have and use. All seemed fine.
I was able to get out and try some different tunings on the Gremsy (which is working nicely I might add) and on the 4th flight i took off (after 3 beautiful and smooth flights and my rig got to 10 feet and stated to YAW at 200 mph all by it self. The only control I had was the throttle so I slowly backed it down and got her down pretty safely, she rolled over broke a prop and broke my GPS post.

I had to walk away for a while today. In many years I have had problems, but the last two weeks are taking their toll on me.
I get when I make a mistake (The radio) that's just a dumb but this rig has me stumped. The ONLY thing I can even begin to think was behind the field is a huge cell/tadio/??? tower. Maybe something turned on?

Oh well... that rig is now in the do not trust pile... gonna take of my BMPCC Zen from my HC800 and strap the Gremsy to that... SOLDIER ON!

I have a shoot tomorrow, and my HighOne w/SuperX seems to be working great, I have the HC-800 as a back up with the Gremsy... I hope I don't need it... :D

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Man. You really are having the luck! At least everything is mostly still functional (except radio).

Have you been using the Gremsy aerial - or just handheld?

SamaraMedia

I feel your pain Sleepy, been tweaking a SuperX on my Tarot X6 frame for a week now, small gains here and there but had to walk away and regroup (suggested by Moto by the way - good advice). You're a trooper so good things will return to you shortly.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok.. shot with the Gremsy H6 yesterday for a commercial job, it worked extremely well. Car dealership in 20 mph winds. (Yes I was prepared and had my insurance policy at the ready) The gimbal ROCKED. My vibe damper was hitting it's limit though, but for what they needed the shots worked. They took all the good stuff from the front of the building, but I snagged a little B-roll I got for them from a rear lot.
I'll post it in a minute... But remember it was BLOWING, like scary blowing... my knees were shaking a little flying over these cars in that wind!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK guys, SO.. boring video, B-roll for this car dealership. Just cut it up as it was 8 min flights of the same old same old.
Cam op was new and heavy on the sticks. I had to yell at him several times to "SLOW IT DOWN" I had the Gremsy set to decent speeds that my normal guy can work like a champ.. this dude was a "Push the sticks to the stops" kind of guy.
The wind was 15 - 20 with 25 gusts... it was gnarley, you should have seen the rig rocking when we were doing the ascending run and then coming back down it was SCARY! Anyways... here's the footage.. I am digging the H6!
Oh and I had to rig the vibe damper to my Highone the rig I was flying the H6 on took a dump (story above) .. so I still need to adjust it a little as well... but still no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
So here is the question....
Why is it when you have a shoot planned...and cannot rebook... the weather turns to 25-35mph wind & gusts......
I think it is a government conspiracy to keep commercial use of aerial platforms grounded.....
Yep.... they must have sensors that identify when you are arriving at a shoot....
LOL.....

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
So here is the question....
Why is it when you have a shoot planned...and cannot rebook... the weather turns to 25-35mph wind & gusts......
I think it is a government conspiracy to keep commercial use of aerial platforms grounded.....
Yep.... they must have sensors that identify when you are arriving at a shoot....
LOL.....

OMG - I think you are on to something!