UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Very nice. But I was talking about the gimbal :)

HAHAHA OH.. Um that's a good question, Very comparable to the Movi, slightly smaller, something like the size of a KDE 4215XF-465kv (size wise, I have no idea the KV, but they are sensored.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
:). Thanks!

So probably something in the range of a 50xx size. I was just curious since it seems people are having issues with anything but 60xx on yaw with the Phobotic. But the encoders on the motors change the dynamic - so apples to oranges anyway.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK.. flight tuning of the old Cinestar sort of complete. Strapped on some old lipos that totaled 6.5 lbs (H6 + GH3/4 ) and then flew some in the front yard. I just got it hovering really nicely and a few trips around the yard so I think I will go to a larger field later today and try to get some real flights on the rig. I forgot how efficient this guy is. With the (2) 10,000 packs on her, I should be looking at 15 - 18 min of flight time!! But I'm double check that later with actual flights!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 12.05.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 12.05.18 PM.png
    650.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK guys, here is Handheld Test #1 of the Gremsy H6.

After ten auto tunes I came up with the settings that seem to work pretty darn great. After watching the footage I may want to slow down the pan a little but the pitch and roll seem pretty darn good. GoPro mounted to the top handle of the Gremsy, GH3 24p 1080... on the H6... No post what so ever except to layer the two clips and add my voice.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Wow. Pretty impressive! Great work with slapping the GoPro footage in there. Really shows how much it was bouncing around.

Thanks for posting.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I see what you're saying about the yaw. Definitely needs the follow slowed down.

More importantly, how the hell did you not break your neck on that ride, flinging that thing around like that? :)

Was the multiple tunes required due to the direction of the mount?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I see what you're saying about the yaw. Definitely needs the follow slowed down.

More importantly, how the hell did you not break your neck on that ride, flinging that thing around like that? :)

Was the multiple tunes required due to the direction of the mount?
The multiple tunes were to see how the auto tuned worked. My movi m5 I trust the first time every time, I'm still in the "believing" phase of the Gremsy. Also each tune yielded different numbers, so... Still figuring this out. (See attached)
View attachment 24848

So I averaged those results and applied them (easy) and the video is the result.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 448

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Has gremsy responded with an idea of why the numbers come back different? Seems your method produced some good results, but they should have some answers for you.

Looking forward to seeing it in the air.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the numbers look pretty consistent except for that one group in the lower left corner

great idea @SleepyC to put the gopro box in the window to show the motion of the operator and the corresponding smoothness of the gimbal

and of course i have that bouncy little ditty of a tune on auto-repeat in my head now!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Has gremsy responded with an idea of why the numbers come back different? Seems your method produced some good results, but they should have some answers for you.

Looking forward to seeing it in the air.
No they haven't, but I think it's just how the auto tune works. It's much faster than most, each axis just starts from "0" and slides up on it's urn until it creates a quick "buzz" then usually backs down a touch. All the tuning I did was just sitting on it's self folding feet. I may try a few tunes mount to my helicopter and see what that results in. Cool feature is that you can store your tunes under names so if you sue a few different cameras and lenses a lot, you can quickly bounce between them, you would just need to rebalance the cam (really quick with no tools) and load your profile.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
the numbers look pretty consistent except for that one group in the lower left corner

great idea @SleepyC to put the gopro box in the window to show the motion of the operator and the corresponding smoothness of the gimbal

and of course i have that bouncy little ditty of a tune on auto-repeat in my head now!

HA! Yea.. license free music... for free... choices are limited. :D
And yea, I thought that was a good idea, seeing a gimbals results is great but if you don't know how hard it's working, well.. then you don't know! :D

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
AND... the wind is blowing like a mofo today... I have two rigs to tune and fly including the rig with the H6, so hopefully it calms down... The last two weeks we get 1 day of perfect weather and on that day I usually have 4 meetings or something to do and then 10 days of 20 - 30 mph winds... I hope the local wind turbines are earning their pay!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I KID I KID! (GOT ya!)

Today's wind was 15 mph steady with 25+ MPH gusts... my rig was blowing around hard. SO I slapped on an old lens just in case... so I thought I had it at infinity, but it must have needed a bit more sothe GH3 footage is slightly out of focus... But I'll toss up a little snippet soon. In this MEGA wind (as in I was actually nervous flying) it did REALLY well!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Nice! The way it handles wind is what many are looking at - so maybe this once, the Ohio wind plays to our advantage :)

Of course 2 years ago it snowed here in Vermont on Memorial Day, so be happy with clear skies at least!!!!