UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm uploading now. I will get a much better flight in in the next few days.
My FC tune on my rig was NOT good for wind.. like it was SCARY to fly. It was blowing 10-15+ steady and then like 25 mph bursts. My rig was bouncing around like a bucking bronco, it was actually nerve racking. Things that should be simple were not, just turning, the darn thing would dip and wiggle... I even kept the gear down most of the time to protect the gimbal if I had an "issue" I was convinced the footage would be a waste of time. (And it is since I did not get it in focus) but low and behold the gimbal did a hell of a job.

I think this H6 will be a KEEPER! :D

Video will be posted as soon as YT does it's thing.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok again, I apologize for the limited flight envelope, the wind was high enough that it was straight up uncomfortable to fly. Also the FC tune was not good for wind so combined it was kind of scary...

Anyway, the H6 did really well! Can't wait to get it on 2 man with the cone and really see what it can do. :D

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
What lens were you running? What was the focal length?
24-45 (Panasonic kit lens) and I thought I had it at infinity and I didn't. I apologize. I don;t use this lens much, but was saving my good stuff just in case... (crash) I'm going to tune the FC with a weight a bit more and get the rig out again in the next few days. But I'm going to run the 12mm M.Zukio lens on it... much cleaner.

ALso.. the wind was no joke... I usually would not fly in this kind wind, but I felt pressured. ;)

I even put the gear back down because the rig was acting so "strange"

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
24-45? Couldn't find any lens at this range. What's the name of it?
How did you think it compared to the M5?

Sorry.. 14 - 15mm.. Panasonic Kit lens...
View attachment 24856

Compare to the M5, the quality is like an 8 or 8.5 compared to the M5's 10. The auto tune is good, but not quite as good as the Movi.
The handle needs an extra layer, the handle now makes you almost hit the actual pan axis... but other than that, I think it's pretty nice.
Im sure some software updates will make the Autotune a bit better, and the hardware seems to work.. so for 1/2 the price of a Movi, it ain't bad.

I promise some better flying vid soon... (depending on weather.. next few days)

Attachments

• IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:

huypng

yes, auto-tune will better in next few days, we did not spend so much time for the auto-tune yet.
Not sure why stiffness for tilt you got around 16, it's supposed to have around 30-35.
What's your expert settings ? (CONFIG->EXPERT->Hold stregth tilt, roll, pan). Hold strength for tilt should be around 20%.
Did you try to press the top bar firmly on the camera ? It will affect the stiffness setting also :)
There is a minor bug in the firmware I sent you. Will send you update soon

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
yes, auto-tune will better in next few days, we did not spend so much time for the auto-tune yet.
Not sure why stiffness for tilt you got around 16, it's supposed to have around 30-35.
What's your expert settings ? (CONFIG->EXPERT->Hold stregth tilt, roll, pan). Hold strength for tilt should be around 20%.
Did you try to press the top bar firmly on the camera ? It will affect the stiffness setting also :)
There is a minor bug in the firmware I sent you. Will send you update soon

Sounds good, also understand at MRF we are just honest. And I honestly think you have a good product at a great price. Looking forward to the software improvements. I think you guys did a great job with the hardware!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks so much for risking it in the windy conditions Sleepy.

If this is the quality we can expect from Gremsy, it will be really interesting to see how the H3 performs. Less payload, but closer to $1000. Things are getting very interesting.

jakuban

Ok again, I apologize for the limited flight envelope, the wind was high enough that it was straight up uncomfortable to fly. Also the FC tune was not good for wind so combined it was kind of scary...

Anyway, the H6 did really well! Can't wait to get it on 2 man with the cone and really see what it can do. :D

Can you share raw file of this test?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Can you share raw file of this test?

It's a 2.2gig AVCHD file... I'm putting it into mediafire, it may take a DAY or so.. but sure. It will have all 3 flights on it, just 3 - 4min each.

No post was added to the orig file (ie. stabilization or any filters or effects). Just pulled it into FCPX and placed the GP footage on the corner..

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
dude it ain't happening. My AT&T service SUCKS It was on 10% this morning. Also, anyone know how to split up an AVCHD file? I have always hated how they are bundled into one file.

Right-click on the Private archive, choose "Show Package Contents." Then the AVCHD archive, choose "Show Package Contents." Keep doing that until you find the STREAM folder. Drag the MTS clips out to another drive. If I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
You can clip it in programs like Toast and only convert the section you want.

Yea I was trying to give him the RAW/RAW file so he can see it was just that... but I'll figure out something.

Also.. H6 testing on hold... yesterday and today has been torrential rains.. and then THIS last night:I was convinced that if I watched long enough, the independence mothership would come out!

View attachment 24901

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 3.35.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 3.35.23 PM.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 461

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think it's more for the file download - opposed to what YouTube does to it after you slap it through their compression.

I'd clip it shorter - maybe with a part that shows some horizon, and let it rip. :)

Great photo SleepyC!