Ultimate Thread Drift Thread, 2013

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
There remains no suitable shout box apps for vBulletin forum sites so the next best thing will be a dedicated thread drift thread. Feel free to post your random thoughts here throughout the year, I only ask we keep things G-rated as my kids frequently glance over my shoulder at what goes on here.

Been out flying for a few days and came home with a cough and fever so been in bed for a couple of days. Other than that, been busy keeping things moving along.

It's finally starting to get cold in New Jersey so maybe there will be some local skiing to be had this year.

Bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
not yet but heading out to my family now in a couple hours.

Think its only going to take half a day though and they will be angry at me.

Following copter schedule :)

Test Gh3 on the modded zenmuse

Get the AQ FC in the air finally

More test with the Gopro 3 on my TBS and the new ground station

But i bought the whole family a nintendo wiiU pretty sure that will buy me some time :)

Bartman

what is an AQ FQ?

bribing a family so as to allow more time/money for the hobby is a very legitimate approach. my wife doesn't know it but she's getting an iPad, that ought to clear the way for a little purchasing activity of my own.

in bed again today, shivering from a fever, sucks! gotta work through the shivers though to keep the spammers out. :)

Hey Bartman! Sorry to see that you are not feeling too good, especially around Christmas. Well, here is a special gift for you, from one pilot to another..... my 100 post! (Ha! Ha!)

Happy recovery and many more landings!

Rodge up North

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Bart did you get the Heli I sent you. Good boys wait until Xmas to open their presents!

Boris I saw kopter worx tall about doing a gh3 zen conversion. You should hook up with them.

Merry Xmas and happy holidays to the forum.

Yuri

DennyR

Been doing a few xmas show markets this year and despite all of the traders reporting doom and gloom with takings down I had record takings with the aerial book signings. So what brought people to my table? I put a couple of UAV's on display. People just have to come over and ask the questions, which breaks the ice and gets you into selling.

Aerial books are a great xmas gift for those looking to venture into the commercial side of AP.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Bart did you get the Heli I sent you. Good boys wait until Xmas to open their presents!

Boris I saw kopter worx tall about doing a gh3 zen conversion. You should hook up with them.

Merry Xmas and happy holidays to the forum.

Yuri

Hi Yuri, mine is finished and working. Think copterworx is working on their own one. I am in close range they would have contacted me of they wanted to.

Octocam in Vienna also has adapters finished for their setup so it's proof that it works and will be interesting to see how DJI reacts :) If they really start selling a full solution for the gh3 and not a upgrade kit than that would be a very strange one !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
what is an AQ FQ?

bribing a family so as to allow more time/money for the hobby is a very legitimate approach. my wife doesn't know it but she's getting an iPad, that ought to clear the way for a little purchasing activity of my own.

in bed again today, shivering from a fever, sucks! gotta work through the shivers though to keep the spammers out. :)

AQ = Autoquad FC. One of the guys in Vienna is flying it and it is very impressive. From the systems I have seen it has to best position hold and for certain configs it also the most stable FC I have seen up to now !

But it's a calibration and setup orgy to get there at the moment !

Hope you get well soon.

Boris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just wishing everyone a great chrimbo and a for those of us gong commercial a prospers new year and for those of us just flying for fun a not to burnt out credit card!

Dave

Efliernz

Pete
Bartman and all the admin guys... and those that do not mind answering stupid questions.... Merry Christmas to you all.
Thanks to the advertisers and supporters that we would all be stuffed without!

As my twin sister shovels snow in Wisconsin, we have 82 deg humid / rainy week ahead down in NZ. May we all get some flying in this week. May I fix my hexa and quad that have both flipped this week... may Santa bring me an unscratched Droidworx... ok - I'll repair the one I have ;)

Merry Christmas all.
Take care

Pete

Bartman

just sitting around waiting on the package delivery guy gets old. not even a spammer to pounce on today!

snow is here for good, what to do?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
please one of us try this one :)

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/12/most-expensive-gear-of-the-year/?pid=4108

lieca-lens-handout-leica.jpg

DennyR

Dubliners
Happy new year to you. Aerial books are what you publish to satisfy a demand from Tourists and people who are fascinated by viewing the work of photographers who have mastered the art of capturing a moment in time as seen from above and made it interesting. In my case a video DVD is also included. Know your market before you take this step. You can make a small fortune if you start with a big one. Not many places left to explore these days.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
RANT: The public popularity of multirotors is going to suck.

Because of stuff like this, how many complete morons are going to buy a multi and crash it into a neighbors house, or a car or ???

THANKS DORITOS! THANKS FOR HELPING ALL OF US HAVE A HARDER TIME USING OUR REAL MACHINES!
ERRR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

did they really have to use that particular screen shot to mark the video? what was it about again?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
did they really have to use that particular screen shot to mark the video? what was it about again?

Yea no kidding... but here's the worse part, I watched that and thought "wow attractive ladies, then looked again,and thought.. man...they are basically kids..."

I'm Old. How did this happen? When I look in the mirror, I'm still 18! But my brain is 41....:(