Ultimate Thread Drift Thread, 2013

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
CAUTION: Do not read any further if you don't have time to jump onto another new obsession........I'm warning you, don't do it.
I was turned on to a new magazine I've never seen before, I think a lot of you will find it very interesting, it's call Make! Their website is here

www.makezine.com

This is a collection of very interesting and very motivated people doing some really cool stuff with everything imaginable (a linear actuator using a Blistex tube!?!?!).

Check it out but keep in mind, I warned you!

Last edited by a moderator:

matwelli

bring it, kiwi!! after school, behind the football stadium.........

you are going down - team america !

I kicked myself after the last post , as this is an off topic thread, and i brought it back on topic talking about battle quads !

15crewdawg

Great idea. Let's add fuel to the fire.
People are already leery about multi's being used to spy on them or to be used as weapons. So let's put rockets and guns on them and show how we can shoot people. Really get folks spun up. Brilliant.

Things like this are only going to be detrimental to multi's and FPV. It will also give politicians and bureaucrats more ammunition to apply even tougher legislation and regulation. Well done.

matwelli

nah, its fine
its actually showing responsible use, flying in a controlled enviroment, and any humans in the field of fire are wearing protective gear.

15crewdawg

"Responsible use"? Hardly.
Let's show the world we can mount a gun on a camera guided UAV, chase people down with it, and shoot.

I understand that these guys are doing it as a kind of game. That they are fully aware of what they are doing and are taking precautions. And that it was only a paintball gun.
But Joe Q. Public, who already has reservations or fears about "drones", is going to see this as another reason they should be outlawed. Armed "Drones".

Just more fodder for the bureaucrats. Like those that fly their stuff at 2000' in a flight path and post the video of their close calls. It's the perceived danger. Real or not it can/will be used against us.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it's a hard call on this one, they use it in a way that is bad to show but at least do it in a safe way......

on another topic, how could we start a new way to send money over the internet.....paypal fees are out of control!!!