UK Commercial insurance for my UAV & Company who does it!!!!!

Dominic

Hi All
I need to know were I can get commercial insurance from for doing photo & Video work via my AD6. Also what licence do I need as the UAV, pilot??

Cheers Dom

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi All
I need to know were I can get commercial insurance from for doing photo & Video work via my AD6. Also what licence do I need as the UAV, pilot??

Cheers Dom

Telling us what country you're in would help someone point you in the right direction!

Ken

andrewrob

Hi Ken (again) we are in the UK. On another note I've ordered a potentiometer to replace the broken one, should be here in the next couple of days.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi Ken (again) we are in the UK. On another note I've ordered a potentiometer to replace the broken one, should be here in the next couple of days.

Good luck with the AV130, should be a fairly easy fix!

There's plenty of folks on here that are UK based and know the answer to your questions, I'm sure they'll be joining in once they see the thread. I hope you don't mind but I added UK to the beginning of the thread title so the right folks will notice.

Ken

Bowley

Dom, Andrew,
You need a BNUC-S, unfortunately there's only 1 mob providing it and the CAA require it, just google BNUC-S and you'll get all the info you need.

Steve

ZAxis

Hey Dominic:
We have insurance through Glemham. covered for aerial and underwater filming/photography. The MR dosn't perform that well without scuba gear though!
good luck.
Lec

Macsgrafs

Things that made me laugh about insurance. "Public liability insurance - alleged negligence". Now stop & think carefully!!!! So would you admit to flying negligently?

According to the LEGAL definition of "Negligence" = "Conduct that falls below the standards of behavior established by law for the protection of others against unreasonable risk of harm. A person has acted negligently if he or she has departed from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances".

So that tells ME...If I had departed from the conduct expected...by others in the same situation.

EXAMPLE> An ESC dies in flight, your aircraft spins & crashes into someones car roof? Were you negligent??
ANSWER> NO!!!! How were you to know an electronic failure was going to happen...proove I did know it was going to fail!!!!!

"Unreasonable risk"...so is there a reasonable risk?

Your BMFA insurance is the same. If the claiming/injured party can't claim negligence...your insurance doesnt pay, so they take you for a private prosecution & do it that way...for their injury or loss...guess what? Your BMFA cant cover you in the private!!!!!

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have just spoken to a chap who's company does the PL insurance for the BMFA. They are trying to set up a blanket policy for commercial aerial works to bring the cost down...I am going to call him back next week after his meeting and I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have confirmation now of this insurance policy. Public Liability for £5M for £318 PA.

Call Simon Brown at Doodson Insurance, 0161 4193015. His email is (join it all up to stop the spammers getting it!!) sbrown (at) doodsonbg dot com

Doodson sort the insurance for the BMFA.

Hope this helps!

Gunter.

andrewrob

Thanks for that Gunter. I emailed Simon and got a reply straight away. Only trouble is they don't cover equipment. Does any company offer this (as in crash insurance) or is it always purely just theft/fire insurance?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Not sure who would insure against crashes. Mine is covered under my home insurance but not sure if that includes dropping it in a lake...I should find out!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewrob

Does anyone else have their gear insured for crashes? Because we are just starting out we can't afford to buy a second AD6 if anything happened to the first, so could really do with some sort of cover for it.

Stratifier

Undigging this old thread... What about insurance now in 2014? Anybody can recommend a company that does Public liability, And break/crash/fire and theft cover? I found some and asked for quotes, but if somebody knew the magical one, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!