how do I unzip wkm driver 64 bit?

Tomstoy2

I'm trying to install the 64 bit driver into the system, and it's driving me nuts!

This is my only day off, so I need to get this done, and of course, everybody is closed.

I have a windows 7 system, 1 year old.

Assistant is downloaded and opens.

Plugging into the mc gives me a flashing blue light.

Tomstoy2

Robert, you need to walk me thru this, nothing happens even when I select to open it as rar.

I left you a voice mail.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry I couldnt help it. As you can see I have been through your frustration with the driver install.

1. make sure you unrar (Winrar or winzip work) ALL of the files. Click unrar/unzip all instead of double clicking individual files. They should all appear in the designated folder.
2. plug in your battery to the heli. then attach the USB from the heli to the PC. It should detect new hardware.
3. run the driver setup.bat.
4. at this point, it should be self explanatory. If this doesnt work like it didnt for me, you may very well have a bad PMU/USB module.

or

you windows didnt like the install.

You can check this by going to the control panel and looking under your device manager. If you see a yellow flag, you can try manually updating the driver by pointing to the driver file in either the 32 or 64 bit folder.
I am not looking at this as I write so it is a little hard to remember all the names. But hopefully this helps. If not, please refer to video :)

My experience with the WooKong was very easy and quick. the Naza took me a week! It is most likely the hardware that is bad. but assuming the two install in an identical manner, this should work fine for you.

Tomstoy2

Thanks, IrisAerial. Got that part figured out on my own. I do appreciate the help, though. What a pain in the a$$! Guess windows isn't much used in China? One would think in that day and age that drivers would be either pre-loaded or automatic. Must be something to do with not wanting to pay ol' Bill for the license.

I do have a couple more questions, though;

1. I'm trying to figure out how to set the failsafes on a Futaba t8fg super. Right now I got it where if I turn off the tx it goes to att mode when in gps or manual mode. It does not highlight the failsafe. What am I doing wrong, any ideas?

2. Haven't explored it yet much more than to give it a brief read, but why would I want IOC? I intend to use x3 to manually control pitch on my gimbal off a slider, would this affect anything?

My head is kind of spinning right now. Including fbl, this is my 8th flight controller. Trying hard to let go of my pre-concieved notions of how it should work and just do what the manual says.

Got to admit, so far, I'm impressed. Just think it could have been more intuative. I can only guess how much a pain waypoint is!

Tomstoy2

On my tx, this is what I have failsafe set to, guys. Please check it out and let me know if this is correct or not.

ch 1 = ail = f/s =b. f/s on = 0%
ch 2 = ele = f/s = b. f/s on = 0%
ch3 = thr = f/s = b. f/s off ( not too sure on this one, figured the f/s functions on the fc would handle this along with tx timer )
ch 4 = rud = f/s = b. f/s on = 0%
ch 5 = gear, ( flight mode 3 pos. s/w ) = b. f/s on = +100%, ( no idea )
ch 6 = vpp, ( gimbal pitch ) = b. f/s on = =100%
ch7 = aux5, ( U port on fc ) = b. f/s off ( no idea )
ch 8-12 not presently used

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Tom,

Follow IrisAerial instructions.

I can't for the life of me figure out why some windows machines work fine on install and others do not. I hate Windows. I ended up a couple years ago buying a little netbook with Windows XP for all my DJI stuff.

Irisaerial has windows XP and he still can't get the Naza drive to work but his WKM works fine. That is why we are thinking its a hardware issue of his and a new USB/PMU was shipped to him to hope resolve the issue. It should arrive today to him.

I would uninstall everything DJI related and do a fresh download and install again and see.

Let us know and if you need a hardware replacement let us know so we can resolve this frustration for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Tomstoy2

Thanks everybody! I did manage to resolve it yesterday.

The key here was the post Robert made saying it's a .rar zip, And IrisAerial's post to unzip all file together.

Robert, might be a damn good idea to inform DJI to add that info into their directions. Would make a lot of people happier with their purchase!

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Thanks everybody! I did manage to resolve it yesterday.

The key here was the post Robert made saying it's a .rar zip, And IrisAerial's post to unzip all file together.

Robert, might be a damn good idea to inform DJI to add that info into their directions. Would make a lot of people happier with their purchase!

I agree Tom. I have pushed for .zip instead of .rar from the get go also.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Glad that worked for you. Robert sent my new USB/PMU out so i will post if that really was my problem or not. I feel very confident it was.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
So the new USB/PMU unit fixed the problem instantly. now I cant for the life of me keep the heli from flipping over at launch. I have gone through the typical check list. Prop rotation, calibration, function slider is good, gains at 130/100. It is ballistic when it flips. No control when taking off but all controls feel normal if I hold it down with my hand. Just a violent tumble upside down when it leaves the ground. I tried the leap of faith as well. Any ideas?

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
So the new USB/PMU unit fixed the problem instantly. now I cant for the life of me keep the heli from flipping over at launch. I have gone through the typical check list. Prop rotation, calibration, function slider is good, gains at 130/100. It is ballistic when it flips. No control when taking off but all controls feel normal if I hold it down with my hand. Just a violent tumble upside down when it leaves the ground. I tried the leap of faith as well. Any ideas?

Post a pic of your layout. You sure you have the orientation set correctly for the IMU?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm a complete idiot! because the naza is hidden between the frame plates I didnt think to recheck the orientation. Geoff had it right. thanks. It flies, and pretty well at that. I am amazed at how smooth the control is for such a small craft. it is more stable than my xaircraft controlled 820mm hex. I can see why people are turning gains up now.