Things They Do Not Tell You

Attachments

• Mailman.jpg
    Mailman.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 340

ChrisViperM

hey Chris

Get a glass of good old single malt and relax......you will be flying very soon. Just give it the time it needs to have a great and successful maiden flight.

I am with you on the suspense....

Keep well

Chris

hey Chris

Get a glass of good old single malt and relax......you will be flying very soon. Just give it the time it needs to have a great and successful maiden flight.

I am with you on the suspense....

Keep well

Chris

I can't give it the time it needs to have any kind of a flight without the aircraft and Ken hasn't said whether he put it into transit or not.

And my UTI has returned, so I'm a bit cranky because a UTI really knows how to cause an old man a helluva lot of pain and anxiety reaction.

I apologize for whining.

Chris

bensid54

Calm Chris take a deep breath it will all be worth it when you are reunited with your machine, we are all watching and waiting right along with you. Mailing packages can be a chore all on it's own because most of the time stuff has to come apart to make the shipping cost reasonable and for me that is the most unpleasant part of mailing. Ken sounds like a busy guy and family always wants part of your time too so I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about his promise to you.

I just received word from UPS that my shipment is arriving tomorrow.

They haven't invented the words I need to thank Ken for what he has done for me. I wish I could clone the man and send those clones all over the world. That could truly bring to life the phrase, "Peace on earth, goodwill to men!"

Stay tuned to this thread for the further adventures of, "The Old Man and The Hexicopter".

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Yes, UPS should deliver it tomorrow! Sorry for the delay responding, things have been quite busy lately and I haven't had much time for sitting at the computer.

One small piece of bad news, while cleaning some things off the bench I found the charger for the radio that should have gone in the box with the rest of the 550... :(

The good news is the nimh pack in the TX was fully charged before it went in the box so you can at least get started and watch the voltage on the display to make sure it still has plenty of juice before flying. I'll get the charger in a box and over to the Post Office tomorrow or Saturday so you should have it in hand early in the week.

If you have any problems reassembling the landing gear setup, lett me know and we'll get it sorted. It's not really complicated and I marked the things that need to be marked for orientation during assembly so you should be OK. The gain settings are tuned for it to fly with the LG on and I didn't try it afterward with the gear off although I don't think it would do anything nasty without it attached. The C/G does change but I don't think significantly enough to cause instability flying just the bare 550, might be a bit stiff on the controls though.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Ken

Hi Ken,

After what you have done, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I can certainly understand how busy you must be and I deeply appreciate the time and talent you have spent on my behalf.

I have a Thunder Dual Power AC680 charger which I use to charge my LiPo batteries. How do I set that up to charge the battery pack in the TX?

I certainly do want to use the landing gear for landing safety and camera space. If I have any real problem with it I will let you know. Anyway, I'm sure I will have many questions in getting it ready to fly.

Stay Safe,
Chris

ChrisViperM

Hi Chris....looks like you are getting there. I am really happy for you and all the great things Ken has done.......Project "Ol' man and the Hexicopter" comes to a happy end now......:tennis: :tennis: :tennis:

Happy flying...

Chris

Ken,

You mentioned prop balancing. I would liketo do that before I fly. What prop balancer would you recommend? Or, could I make my own?

Chris

bensid54

Yes I would like to know how you balance props on these things! I'm sure there must be a cheapo poor mans way of doing it which would be right down my alley.

Hi Ken,

I received my flying machine today. There were tiny screws, nuts, and washers scattered about the box, but I
think I found them all. Otherwise, everything looks fine.

I did no more than that because my Urinary Tract Infection has completely overwhelmed me. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow and Heaven knows what they will do to me.

I will post again when I can start to sort everything out and flaunt my ignorance of how to put everything back together. In the meantime I remain sick and in pain.

Chris

bensid54

Good to hear to got your package. Take care of yourself we want to hear how your first experience with a quad copter will be like!

Chris where are you? I'm used to you being on here at least let us know if you're OK.

Hi ben,

Thanks for your post. This is the third bout with UTI I have had in a row. My doctor has prescribed Ciprofloxacin each time, to be taken for seven days. The first two times it cleared up, but came right back again each time. This time I'm to take the medication for fourteen days and hope this will really kill the little buggers. I really need a good night's sleep. As it is I must get up every half hour or so for an extremely painful urination. Even hell has got to better than this.

Needless to say, I haven't been able to spend much quiet time reassembling my flying machine. I don't have enough screws to secure the main frame so I hope to be physically able to get to the only hobby shop we have for many miles around on Wednesday. That's when I'll be able to get to the supermarket to cash my Social Security check.

I'm trying to assemble the landing gear, but time out for pain and strain makes that difficult at best. I can only hope that I'll truly be rid of this illness in two weeks and can then devote my full time and attention to, The Old Man and The Hexicopter.

Be Safe,
Chris