The best CCTV camera for FPV?

kloner

Aerial DP
it says it's 960 lines.... which in the garage would look better but i'm curious about different light and such. The pixim does low to bright light really clear,,,, only thing ccd does a little better is the black and white in the dark is usually a little better, but as soon as the sun hits the lens it'll usually blow out.

kloner

Aerial DP
no, i hack the osd cable that comes with it and power up through it.... remove all the osd pins till it's three wires

power i get from buck converters

that's the turnigy $50 dvr... records to sd

SamaraMedia

You're up early... I imagine the three wires would be vid, pwr, grnd? converters since you're using 4-6s and the cam is 12v. Can i just connect to my vtx which puts out 12v or 5v? I'll look into the dvr.

Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, any power sources for the cameras is definately a plus when there built in. on my monitor i just run 3s straight into it all

20140115063857-7ffd5a91-la.jpg

there isn't one thing on any project i touch that's normal wires and connectors..... i drill holes through cases, solder my connections to the pcb, relief strain with glue, and put the right connectors where they shoulda been. Thats the kloner built difference

20140115064217-6a45d07b-la.jpg

20140115064241-00ce9920-la.jpg

How are you guys mounting your PZ0513? I made a little aluminum bracket, but it is not perfect. Any suggestions? I am picking up another one but considering a cased version, just not psyched on the extra weight.

kloner

Aerial DP
i usually glue them in or alot of times the squeeze between frame plates, but i recomend using heat shrink on the heat sink so it doesn't ground the airframe. cases aren't much heavier. these fit the old disco, but not the new disco pro....

SamaraMedia

yes, any power sources for the cameras is definitely a plus when there built in. on my monitor i just run 3s straight into it all

20140115063857-7ffd5a91-la.jpg

there isn't one thing on any project i touch that's normal wires and connectors..... i drill holes through cases, solder my connections to the pcb, relief strain with glue, and put the right connectors where they shoulda been. Thats the kloner built difference

20140115064217-6a45d07b-la.jpg

20140115064241-00ce9920-la.jpg

Kloner,

I'm no where near as proficient or knowledgeable in the electronics field as you and I'm not about to crack open my monitor to hook up the HobbyKing DRV you have in this setup but I'm competent enough with the right instructions so I'm wondering what is the easiest way to connect the DVR? I suppose I can't just run an AV out from the Immersion Uno into the AV in on the DVR or you probably would have done that. I do have an Eagle Eyes FPV Diversity unit that I could hook it up to but that would be building a bigger GS than what I'm using now. I just want to be able to record my flight through the FPV cam.

Thanks,

John

kloner

Aerial DP
best way is to make a splitter cableand feed the monitor and dvr together.... the dvr makes latency, alot of it