DJI F450 GPS Not Working *HELP*

isaacmacdonald

So, bought a F450, assembled it, put a NAZA V1 on it with a Phantom GPS/Compass mounted on it also. And the GPS doesn't hold at all. It looks like a toilet bowl effect, so I turned the GPS, and even with it almost 45 degrees to the left it still doesn't hold. HELP. I can post pictures if that helps, just want some opinions!!!

rilot

So, you've taken the GPS and Compass units out of a Phantom.
Where have you mounted the Phantom's compass? The position of that, not the GPS unit is what will cause your toilet bowl effect.

isaacmacdonald

View attachment 15240

Here's a picture. The white arms are the front. Thanks for the quick response!

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 334

rilot

Your compass is 90 degrees out from where it should be. On the phantom it's parallel with the direction of the craft. That will be your problem. Also, it's upside down so left will be right as far as it's concerned.
where is the GPS receiver by the way?

isaacmacdonald

Which way should it be? And it is electrical taped to the right of it. Since I was moving it so much I didn't want to permanently install it yet

rilot

The compass should be the same orientation as it is on the Phantom. Right hand leg, connector at the top, flat section facing inwards.
The GPS receiver should be as close to the centre of the craft as possible (or wherever you like but remember to change the offset in Naza assistant), and preferably on a pole.