TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
my frame got here yesterday so i had to build it out. this is 900 kv motors on stock arms. had the gains too low on the naza and this is the alexmos settings out of the box. uploaded the raw hero file

were taking a road trip to vegas this weekend. Gonna be three of them going, can't wait

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Kloner, are those the stock TBS 900's? Can't wait to see what you guys come back with from Vegas, although you know what they say - "What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

JW

SMP

Mine showed up in the middle East yesterday.. Will try to find some time now to start assembling. Kloner et al, how did you guys find the build sans instructions?? Any assembly gotchas and has anyone hooked up the gimbal pitch yet??

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
There are no build instructions only videos which ticked me off ! One detailed mechanical drawing of which parts goes where for the gimbal at least would have been nice !

I am also a Little worried that all of the components for the direct drive gimbal are on the top plate. Think it would have been nice similar to the core to make it a separate board that gets soldered on over connectors. Time will show if the top plate get stressed if some of the components won't pop off.

I am not quite sure yet how gimbal control and FC control should be realized with one Rx when it comes to ppm. Traditional shouldn't be a problem. One of your 8 channels from the LRS get used for pitch. Roll isn't really necessary!

Boris

SMP

Wow, you gotta be kidding! You're absolutely right, zero instructions whatsoever. Am finding I'm having to troll 300 pages of FPVlabs thread for sporadic answers. Not professional at all in my opinion and my customers would crucify me if I gave them 90% at a 100% price. I can understand prioritizing profits over service but don't call me an "early adopter?!?!" because I just happened to press the buy button when you offered your product as ready to go.. arrogant and condescending. Ok end rant... back to trying to slo mo youtube and find a .93 F(*^%&#) allen key

yakjock

we went 21.5mm

there is going to be a first batch sent to the uk. we will keep you posted.

Hey Kloner :nevreness: got my trex booms now, so let me know when you have the kit for the disco........... one very keen customer here.

Chris.

kloner

Aerial DP
ouch... it was pretty simple to build the parts from the video. riscyd blasts through it and you pause. after the first one they started falling together. my pitch works bitchen. I went down to the desert to catch sunrise with this thing and nailed it. had two killer videos from it then i went to a mountain to fly a zephyr i just built. Something malfunctioned in the zephyr and sent my hero into the ground from 200 feet straight in. it shoved the lens back int eh case, blew out the lcd but the lens aint bad and the stupid thing still films.... however it ate the memory card so no footage from my gimbal

mine powered up and stood steady. i went into the alexmos part and enable ppm, enable ch6 for pitch control and ch5 for profile control. ch8 has to have it's own wire to switch from hero to fpv cam. doesn't work through ppm but everything else was a piece of cake. got 4 built over the weekend

this is that 4s setup i always run with the leopard motors on 4s and 9" props... shes a smoker, but nothing like it will be next week.

SMP

Hey Kloner, did you update your EZUHF to 1.41+ and if so do you mind sharing how you mapped the channels?? Assuming you're using sbus on naza?? Are those leopards 22's or 28's?? I've been digging the 28's on the normal Disco.

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm on 1.43 ezuhf firmware. for the pro it's ppm out on ch1 and the rest is normal. i used a wire from the ppm and a wire from ch8 go into that frame, ch8 controls which cam your watching, the rest of the rig is on ppm, including gimbal control. you have to solder the pad in teh battery area called gimbal ppm to enable it

those are the 28's, he is going to discontinue them again so if you want some, email and see if he has a deal on em

kloner

Aerial DP
the pro with 3515 tigers and a Droidworx ad quick release it's 1870 grams..... the 6s packs i'm flying are 435 gram, hero is another 100 grams

I'm really after them older discos as well, 3 axis gimbal

View attachment 13312

this was a proof of concept we did, now there like a stock looking deal, just better. molded delrin, coaxiable, lots of options to run from 2212 to 4014 from 8" to 15" props......

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 471

SamaraMedia

That's a serious addiction...

That is a very interesting SBG you have there, tell me more...production???

I've been piecing together a couple DIY gimbals myself with good results but having a tough time getting the COG on my quad in balance since the gimbal is out front so much on the HoverThings FPV. I'm also thinking that the original motors on the quad, NTM 28-26 1200kv's, just ain't got the pop to handle the additional weight. Not sure how big I can go on this frame and I'm still waiting on my Disco Pro to arrive, tracking indicated it's stuck in Singapore, so I'm using an old HoverThings VC-450 modified for now.

View attachment 13314View attachment 13315View attachment 13316

Have fun in Vegas this weekend.

John

Attachments

• SBG-MRF-01.jpg
    SBG-MRF-01.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 352
  • SBG-MRF-02.jpg
    SBG-MRF-02.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 376
  • SBG-MRF-03.jpg
    SBG-MRF-03.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 334

SMP

Hey Kloner, you running a BEC on the 2.4 1000mw Lawmates or will it take the 4S without letting the smoke out?? Gathering from watching FPV labs thread that anything over 400mw or so should power from one of the Motor?ESC pads and NOT through the core, either the board pads/molex?? Nice row of birds there!

kloner

Aerial DP
to carry something like the load you got there would take at least 28mm motors like 2814....

SMP, i've always ran the 1 watt lawmates off core and never had any problems. you can't loiter on the ground. . we noticed though it was having problems yesterday on it's maiden so maybe that's where our problem is. it's not my rig so out of site, out of mind

however, this time i was short and had a plane with the half watt lawmate and honestly other than a little more ground interference, it's killer. alot cheaper. Best place for lawmate right now is hobbyking, $75 1 watt, $35 half watt and there not locked.

Wait till you see our new stomp pads for these. I can't stop

SMP

Dude, you're the best, thx mate!!! Soldering everything up now. Had 8 of the Tiger 28s on an extended 550 that I didnt really dig but theyre already on the black arms with AMP Extenders and 12" Xoars... I wonder man 12's????????? {will likely pull em off and use the 9's but am lazy and curious enough to give em a test flight} thx again brother!!

kloner

Aerial DP
this rig of my friends is that setup and man, something wasn't right. those arms suck butt,,,,,, were gonna change that

i want to try them 2814 amp/tiger on 6s with like 8" props..... maybee 9's

i couldn't be happier with the leopards. bummed he isn't gonna carry them anymore. There not selling