Hoverfly Something BIG coming soon!

kloner

Aerial DP
we have it down to two files,,, gh3 and lighter, 5d and bigger, two flight profiles, changes with a switch...

mobgimbal....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm a year in, gone from working real estate to filming at paramount......

was out doing a shoot this morning so I missed this little ditty. does your arm hurt from patting yourself on the back so much?

atpfilms

I'm intrigued. changes with a switch meaning you have two gimbal controllers, each w different profiles and when you flip the switch it powers the other one?

Aerovideo

HAHA... who knew a little "And...?" could kickstart this thread.

As a once HUGE Hoverfly FANBOY... I just can't help but feel underwhelmed.

Shouldn't there be a whole new web site with a new line of products by now? What was in those GIANT wooden boxes?

I think Hoverfly has left the film industry in the lurch.

I really wanted them to be top notch and ahead of the curve.

Stacky

I see we cant buy boards from their website anymore.

HAHA... who knew a little "And...?" could kickstart this thread.

As a once HUGE Hoverfly FANBOY... I just can't help but feel underwhelmed.

Shouldn't there be a whole new web site with a new line of products by now? What was in those GIANT wooden boxes?

Bartman

businesses can change, it sucks for us but it happens. let's just hope the firmware utilities remain available.

CX4

Enough already. It's been months now. Move on and stop wineing. What would we be doing if there was never a Hoverfly? If you can't add something constructive to the forum, then just read.
HAHA... who knew a little "And...?" could kickstart this thread. As a once HUGE Hoverfly FANBOY... I just can't help but feel underwhelmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I see we cant buy boards from their website anymore.

That is something...

businesses can change, it sucks for us but it happens. let's just hope the firmware utilities remain available.

I agree! Hopefully if they do decide to pull those they release a standalone version so people can continue to use their boards.

Enough already. It's been months now. Move on and stop wineing. What would we be doing if there was never a Hoverfly? If you can't add something constructive to the forum, then just read.

My apologies, I just have a little soft spot for Hoverfly and just want to see them pull through. Like you mentioned it's been months ago and back then it seemed like they had some big news but it never materialized. I still want to know what it was :D

I have moved on and only read/post in the Hoverfly forum periodically. Sorry if I let my frustration show too much, it's easy to do when you're really attached to something.

CX4

Aerovideo, now you've gone and apologized and made me feel bad about my post.
Al and Ben must know that there's a lot of people depending on them. I think they got overwhelmed by all the (request/demands/problems).
Especially since, apparently most of the other flight controller manufactures don't give support on the forums like they did.

Here's what I think we Hover Flyers should do. We should all download the beta firmware that Bart tested,
fly it and give him (Bart) feedback to see if he can tweak it. If that works then we all gain.
You said that we can no longer buy the PRO board on the HoverFly site.
If that's so, then we'll have a great flying board with increased value because no one else can get that great flying board!
I for one am going to get the LEA-6 GPS antenna to see what info I can give Bart.
I looked at your videos. They are great. You have a great flying environment. I wish I could do some flying there.

Bartman

guys,

i'm not involved in the software development process but if there's something worth passing along to Al I'll certainly try. My experience with the HF GPS has definitely been better than ever but it's not certain if the HF folks will even pay attention to whatever we pass along to them.

flies great though.

I remember jesolins or Rusty or ??? before HFP launched saying he couldn't get behind a product that didn't have firmware you could "own". HF might be better off going the 3DRobotics route - release the code and let the hackers finish the job.

MJV

FYI, a new Hoverfly web site is up with several new products including their tethered system and a third party brushless gimbal.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I do like Hoverfly, but I'm not sure the phrase 'upgrade from DJI' really belongs on their GPS product page... well, unless it's suddenly awesome.

Mikeq

How ironic. I've seen the name Hoverfly around for awhile but because of this thread went to their webpage for the first time. Turns out I live 4 miles from their office.

Aerovideo

How ironic. I've seen the name Hoverfly around for awhile but because of this thread went to their webpage for the first time. Turns out I live 4 miles from their office.

Cool you can go visit them and get us the inside scoop of what's taking so long! hehe :)