So who does make the best Multirotor controller.

DennyR

Well that is an interesting question, and one that will no doubt stir up a few comments. IMHO it would not be Hoverfly, AMP, MK or even DJI. I would have said that based on what I have seen it would be Autoquad-6 but then I found this at astacopter.ru
Yep, these Russian guys are definitely showing us a thing or two. Check out ArtPirahna's vids.
http://astacopter.ru/

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Well that is an interesting question, and one that will no doubt stir up a few comments. IMHO it would not be Hoverfly, AMP, MK or even DJI. I would have said that based on what I have seen it would be Autoquad-6 but then I found this at astacopter.ru
Yep, these Russian guys are definitely showing us a thing ortwo. Check out ArtPirahna's vids.
http://astacopter.ru/

Number 1 is the Naza followed closely by the CC3D controller.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hmmmm, manufacturer videos, we know how reliable they can be. :apathy:

also love the cat, fwiw

DennyR

I forgot to mention Y6, thats a good one for sure.

For SR's I have been using Naza-H so that I could recruit some pilots who don't have too much 3D experience. Ha, nobody wants to use anything other than manual. I guess we should have stuck with V-Stabi.

Last edited by a moderator:

mmurfitt

For hobby it's got to be the NAZA, and depending on what your commercial requirements are I'd always plumb for the Wookong, it just works, no faffing or messing around. :)

DennyR

I just noticed a new vid. on his site. How about a flight duration of 141 mins. This guys knows something we don't!!!

Bowley

I forgot to mention Y6, thats a good one for sure.

For SR's I have been using Naza-H so that I could recruit some pilots who don't have too much 3D experience. Ha, nobody wants to use anything other than manual. I guess we should have stuck with V-Stabi.

Have you tried Skookum 720 Denny, now comes with GPS and all the trimmings RTH etc, looking favourable until DJI can incorporate RTH failsafe into the Naza H AND WKH.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think naming a "best" is impossible as they all have their perks. even if one of them had every function, flew in 30mph, was easy to setup, perfect gps lock, great in all modes, no firmware issues....it would prbably cost $10k. I'm sure we will start seeing more for less. Maybe what would make this thread more valuable would be to grade the available FC's in certain areas. Anyone care to start filling in the blanks?

.......................NAZA.............Wookong..............MK...............Hoverfly pro...........Hoversport..............CC3D............KK2..........AutoQuad6..............
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ease of use:
manual flight:
AL flight:
GPS lock:
wind performance:
overall stability:
aerobatics:
reliability:
overall cost:

DennyR

Bowley
I waited and waited for skookum to come good. And I am so pleased they did not rush it out. I am now not too sure that I need anything more than V-Stabi. It has been around and stood the test of time. Naza-H does what it says on the box so no complaints. When we all prefer to fly helis in manual with two levels of idle up I start to wonder if it is not just one more thing that could go wrong one day. I am about to shed about 1 kilo off the TDR (and reduce the cash payload by about 5K) by ditching the Zen in favor of my own mount based on SBGC (roll and tilt) and my own version of pan. Ha, I could soon be ending up with no DJI on board at all.

DennyR

Just watched the 141 mins flight and he did something clever. He dropped a couple of batteries during the flight. Even so great achievement. Asta Vista Babe.

DennyR

I think naming a "best" is impossible as they all have their perks. even if one of them had every function, flew in 30mph, was easy to setup, perfect gps lock, great in all modes, no firmware issues....it would prbably cost $10k. I'm sure we will start seeing more for less. Maybe what would make this thread more valuable would be to grade the available FC's in certain areas. Anyone care to start filling in the blanks?

.......................NAZA.............Wookong..............MK...............Hoverfly pro...........Hoversport..............CC3D............KK2..........AutoQuad6..............
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ease of use:
manual flight:
AL flight:
GPS lock:
wind performance:
overall stability:
aerobatics:
reliability:
overall cost:
I think you should add (nose-in circle mode) accuracy to that, as it is about the only useful thing that these autonomous modes offer. Autoquad and Y6 do a good job.

mitmit

Guys, we (me and Piranha) know Victor personally and can confirm this guy definitely two steps ahead of others.
In terms of flight quality and stabilization it is most similar to MK with its responsiveness and lack of wobbling (those who have a chanse to compare MK with DJI does know what I'm talking about:), for GPS and althold it is better than WKM, + unlimited waypoints etc etc. hopefully will have couple of boards for long testing.

Bartman

I think naming a "best" is impossible...............

reliability:
overall cost:

We're in the process of doing something exactly like what you're saying. It's together in form but I'm waiting for input from the other moderators. I may post it in its present form and let the mods add their $.02 when they get around to it. It's called the 2013 Multi-Rotor Forums Flight Control Assessment.

Part of the challenge of getting it done is that the form of the summary has become complicated as you can imagine it is difficult to compare so many different systems without having to have notes and clarifications out the wazoo.

Bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Guys, we (me and Piranha) know Victor personally and can confirm this guy definitely two steps ahead of others.
In terms of flight quality and stabilization it is most similar to MK with its responsiveness and lack of wobbling (those who have a chanse to compare MK with DJI does know what I'm talking about:), for GPS and althold it is better than WKM, + unlimited waypoints etc etc. hopefully will have couple of boards for long testing.

mitmit do you have more info. Is it based on PIDs or some new concept ?

Thanks

Boris

Bartman

If anyone would like to contribute to the 2013 FC Assessment please PM me. Please include a list of the FC's you're very familiar with.

Thanks,
Bart

mitmit

Boris I'm definetely not a HW expert, I know he started couple of years ago from some MK firmware improvements, as for now the board has arm32 cortex chip, 3 different altitude sensors, 2 or 3 different gyro sensors, CAN bus ESC (as well as i2c and pwm), buit-in OSD, 200ish items telemetry and so on.. hopefully we'll report more details later
View attachment 10132

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 353

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris I'm definetely not a HW expert, I know he started couple of years ago from some MK firmware improvements, as for now the board has arm32 cortex chip, 3 different altitude sensors, 2 or 3 different gyro sensors, CAN bus ESC (as well as i2c and pwm), buit-in OSD, 200ish items telemetry and so on.. hopefully we'll report more details later
View attachment 13030

nice keep us updated please ! Thanks !