DJI F450 Naza mount w/ Velcro

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
View attachment 12625
So just to clarify, only my antenna is attached with velcro. When I shake the heli around with my hands it wobbles quite a bit, but does seem to stay on. Is it safe? I'd like to go flying today, but I am quite worried.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

C

I would second the concern about a wobbly GPS, Mine is fine because I am not using the little pole. I have the GPS mounted directly on the arm with Velcro and it feels really secure. I didn't like the little pole mount on first site and tossed it aside never to look back.
Pseudopod, why don't you ditch the pole?

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 414

pseudopod

without really knowing what I was doing I glued the pole pieces together permanently :(
what do you think of putting clamps at the base where the velcro is? Securing it tighter to the velcro?

Just out of curiousity, if I were to saw off the pole, can I just stick directly in the same spot onto the body of the heli or would I need to hook it back up to the computer and reconfigure? In other words does the hieght matter for gps?

No, no difference. The GPS antenna doesn't have any inertial stuff in it; it's purely the compass and GPS. So the way I understand it (and I'm no expert) is that movement (vibration) in it isn't the issue; the issue is if it comes loose and falls over then starts giving incorrect heading information the FC will start commanding the motors to do who knows what, and it come falling down. I'm guessing it flopping +/-6in might also mess with the FC.

Just out of curiousity, if I were to saw off the pole, can I just stick directly in the same spot onto the body of the heli or would I need to hook it back up to the computer and reconfigure? In other words does the hieght matter for gps?
Yes, height does matter, but you configure that in the Assistant Software. So if you lower it 60 inches, then you adjust the AS accordingly.

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
Yes, height does matter, but you configure that in the Assistant Software. So if you lower it 60 inches, then you adjust the AS accordingly.
ProPilot is correct, you'll need to change the height in the software. That's what I would do, if you are removing the GPS frequently you might as well mount it lower where you can just leave it there.