So who does make the best Multirotor controller.

DennyR

Guys, we (me and Piranha) know Victor personally and can confirm this guy definitely two steps ahead of others.
In terms of flight quality and stabilization it is most similar to MK with its responsiveness and lack of wobbling (those who have a chanse to compare MK with DJI does know what I'm talking about:), for GPS and althold it is better than WKM, + unlimited waypoints etc etc. hopefully will have couple of boards for long testing.

Dimtri
I guess you were one of the helpers on the endurance record. So tell us. Are those batteries Lipos?

mitmit

Dimtri
I guess you were one of the helpers on the endurance record. So tell us. Are those batteries Lipos?

I was not unfortunately) batteries are lipos, there is no magic, he just found out some very effective esc/motor/prop combo + clean FW. on longest endurance tests he drop empty batteries.
Victor now also working on his own 3 axis brushless gimbal

the hole spacing is MK then I guess?
not sure but if its important I can ask him)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

But back to the original question: Who does make the best Multirotor controller...

I guess there needs to be a definition of "The Best".....

To me "the best" would be a system with true redundancy and the possibility to have a detailed built-in log in case something goes wrong...and this is not avalible in that form. ...just bits and pieces and work-arounds....
"The Best" flight controller would not need a lot of gain tuning and settings...it would just be stabil....
...and a few more features

So...at the moment, nobody makes the best controller.

Chris

Stacky

We all have different needs with respect to the FC. I doubt there is a single best FC that works as a best for everyone.
I dont need GPS, its not something that comes in to consideration for me.
I simply want great flight quality and reliability, which is exactly what i have.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Chris, what you say may be true but dealing with what's available now is more realistic. I see this as breaking into 3 main categories:

1. cheap small and fun. gopro or other small cheap cameras/quads. possible aerobatics.
2. the average heli on here. hex/octo/t2i-gh3-cx7xx. 2814-2826. av130/200/cinestar.
3. heavy lift octo, 1000mm min. cinestar/av200/custom gimbal. 2826-4120 on 6s. 5d-Epic-fs700-c500-etc.

There's no question that certain FC's deal with these areas differently.

Ive pretty much built and flown all of the major FCB and my personal choice for production filming is the HoverlyFly Pro or Hoverfly Sport. It is so smooth even while going fast. Unfortunatly the GPS is not quite there yet but i hoping that within the next month or so it will be just as useful as the WK-M

Here are some of my videos that show the HF pro or HF sport in action

FPV speed racer - http://youtu.be/lRy0SrYmz4I
aerial demo (90% Hoverfly) http://youtu.be/BmyOmReP-Jo

Out of my many FC's, I probably own or owned mostly all of the available for sale systems, Autoquad 6 stands above all else. True it's a pain to setup and configure but once you do you are rewarded with full logging and a graceful flight performance that no other system can touch.