Aeronavics / Droidworx Skyjib 8 + Movi+ Toad in the Hole

I have Steve's case that he had fabbed for his SJ.
I see the jasoncase has no provision for the supplied stand but allows for the c-stand adapter from C oxide. that opens up a whole new world of spending to resist :)
my gearings totally shot right now I need cheap

PMaughan

[I was out flying this afternoon in pretty strong wind and I had time getting it down, thought it was going to tip a few times.
I actually "hate" the Movi MR legs, and may go back to the retracts again.[/QUOTE]

Quinton, have you had anymore joy with the MR legs or given up on them?

pete

Quinton

[I was out flying this afternoon in pretty strong wind and I had time getting it down, thought it was going to tip a few times.
I actually "hate" the Movi MR legs, and may go back to the retracts again.

Quinton, have you had anymore joy with the MR legs or given up on them?

pete[/QUOTE]

They are sitting in my cupboard, problem is I went back to the retracts and to enable the camera to have 360 spin when legs are down I had to chop some of the pan access 25mm slotted rod, so need to get a new one of those for it to be usable again.
Thing is there is a major problem with the 430mm long retracts, as it HAS been confirmed by others that Yaw control is lostif travelling more than 7m/sec.
This is on the Hex and flat Octo, so I am sort of at a stalemate at the moment until there is a solution.

The MR could be good if you got used to it, and had a clued up 2nd camera operator who knew exactly when to hit the switch during landing/take off.

PMaughan

Oh dear, not great then. I still haven't seen the yaw issue with my set-up. Is there an explanation as to what's causing it?

pete

Quinton

Oh dear, not great then. I still haven't seen the yaw issue with my set-up. Is there an explanation as to what's causing it?

pete

None yet, although it does not appear in an x configuration.
If you go back to smaller legs it simply does not happen.
DW are working on new retracts at the moment I understand though, will have to wait until they are ready.
I like the idea of a take of ring (stand whatever), less to worry about/less weight..problem is how would it hold up with the CAA regarding alternative landing spot!

danproud

I've been following this thread... and decided to go with the droidworx extended retracts instead of the MR kit. With the Movi adaptor plate from DW as well, the M5 bolts right on. It's a heavy setup (now 10KG) but should be worth it.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 352
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 313
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 336

Quinton

I've been following this thread... and decided to go with the droidworx extended retracts instead of the MR kit. With the Movi adaptor plate from DW as well, the M5 bolts right on. It's a heavy setup (now 10KG) but should be worth it.

I had the MR pan bar attached to my Movi and cut it down to size so I was able to get 360 degrees turns with the landing gear down, otherwise the bar hits the legs (It was just a safety precaution as I did not want it ever jamming with the retracts if it wasn't forward).
This can only be done if using small cameras like the GH4 as it can be pushed almost all the way forward, it wont work with heavier cameras as the COG is farther back.
I have heard the X4 is not affected by the yaw problems with the extended legs, but just give it a test.
Fly fast forward with the retracts up and yaw left/right, then put them down and see if you get any difference in yaw speed.
Think it is a problem only on the flat config though.

PMaughan

Hi Quinton,
last couple of trips out I've seen some yaw issues when travelling backwards at speed. Need to see if it happens when gear down but just wondering if you've solved your problem?

cheers

pete

Quinton

Hi Quinton,
last couple of trips out I've seen some yaw issues when travelling backwards at speed. Need to see if it happens when gear down but just wondering if you've solved your problem?

cheers

pete

No haven't sorted it yet, I'm kind of in limbo either waiting for Aeronavics to release their new landing gear, or trying to get hold of Align G3 gimbal which hopefully will be out soon.
I emailed Aeronavics but they don't particularly want to address that there is a problem, and my last email went unanswered.