Aeronavics / Droidworx SJ8 V2 build - problem with gear rail

kloner

Aerial DP
on 20 amp hours of p6s it does 12 minutes hovering, 9 minutes of booking around chasing stuff

the black dampers are the similar durometer as the yellow, they just don't flex around and let the cam shake as much....... we were addicted to teh red ones for everything because of such and my crazy flying style, but the black settled in and aint going anywhere

this was one of the last flights on the yellows,,,, can see it shake pretty good

my little 800 with all the same stuff....

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

Those railway shots looked really good, but yes you can see the bouncing about.
That first video, was that a GH3 on there, and did you have a follow focus attached, or was that the auto focus kicking in at 3 min 4 secs?

kloner

Aerial DP
that would be a question for jcmonty..... i just tune and fly the top part..... it is a gh3, about the extent of me understanding cameras. he uses alot of some kind of auto focus cause in low light that thing bounces around and ruins a shot from time to time, alot less in the bright light

the yellows are crap, we had nothing but problems, as soon as we went to the black all that stopped. the red work good if you can balance a prop perfectly, otherwise you'll get jello. We love the ol jib, shes a beast and so easy to fly a caveman could do it

kloner

Aerial DP

black dampers and the gh3 i believe

raw av200 and gh3 on yellows

Last edited by a moderator:

Walky000

Those black ones seem to do a great job. My kits came with both Yellow and Red, and I used Red...thankfully. 9mins on 20Amp 6s with a Red?

Quinton

Bit the bullet and ordered a 120W gas equivalent, along with a spare chisel tip which comes with 60/40 rosin included. Should be here tomorrow, so I will see if theres a big difference.
Will be handy for the new workshop also known as (shed)
http://cpc.farnell.com/iroda/pro-120k/solderpro-120-gas-soldering-iron/dp/SD01082?Ntt=iroda+120+kit

Just so you know with the new soldering iron and solder its like chalk and cheese.
Took a couple of mins to make up my XT90s, instead of the complete failure before.
I'll not last much longer with all the lead poisoning, but at least ill be able to make it in the air soon :)

The gas one really is handy, as I have no wires to worry about, and it takes a few seconds to get hot enough.

nowsay

Issues with skyjib gear rail grommets with movi

We were very confused by the instructions on build day too. Finally got it figured out we thought but the thing is moving all around on these rubber grommets. We have tried both black and red that it came with. Since the picture we have also tried flipping the grommets upside down (more like the pics show in the build manual). Anyone else having issues or know the fix?
attachment.php

Attachments

• DJS15621.jpg
    DJS15621.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 283

Vortex

Aeronavics released a set of new dampers made by Allsteady which stop the side to side and wobbling gimbal movement. I've been running them for a couple of weeks and are a huge improvement over the original ones which were flawed by design. There are 2 different hardness.....Hard and very hard, I'm running the hard on the copter and very hard on the steadycam.

Part numbers are
Hard 1406-0324
Very Hard 1406-0235

Regards,

Lance

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1040271s.jpg
    P1040271s.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 291
  • P1040273s.jpg
    P1040273s.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 293

ChrisViperM

Aeronavics released a set of new dampers made by Allsteady which stop the side to side and wobbling gimbal movement. I've been running them for a couple of weeks and are a huge improvement over the original ones which were flawed by design. There are 2 different hardness.....Hard and very hard, I'm running the hard on the copter and very hard on the steadycam.

Part numbers are
Hard 1406-0324
Very Hard 1406-0235

Regards,

Lance

Got a link to those dampeners....??? Couldn't find them anywhere on the Aeronavics website and Mama Google doesn't spit out anything...

Thanx

Mojave

Got a link to those dampeners....??? Couldn't find them anywhere on the Aeronavics website and Mama Google doesn't spit out anything...

Thanx

+1 [MENTION=1533]Vortex[/MENTION]; scoured the Aeronavics web site did not find dampeners when I used those part numbers -

Mojave

Aeronavics group buy for new dampeners for US?

Part numbers are
Hard 1406-0324
Very Hard 1406-0235

attachment.php

[MENTION=10204]Mojave[/MENTION]; I mostly deal directly with them.......Send them an email and give them the part numbers and they will sort you out sales@aeronavics.com

Regards,

Lance
Thanks Lance - I notice you live a bit closer than I do, here in the southwest US. Maybe we (I) could organize a group purchase for folks here? I don't want to take over this thread - if people in the US want some of these new dampeners maybe we could organize a group purchase? PM me and we will see if there is interest.

kloner

Aerial DP
aren't those the same ones Andrew has? if not there the next size up like Tarot....

Dealing with aeronavics directly is easy, it's the shipping that's a pita. usually only offer fed ex and it starts at like $45

Mojave

aren't those the same ones Andrew has? if not there the next size up like Tarot....

Dealing with aeronavics directly is easy, it's the shipping that's a pita. usually only offer fed ex and it starts at like $45

Thanks good idea - [MENTION=5697]Hexacrafter[/MENTION]; do you have these available here in the US?

Vortex

It's not too difficult to get them to here and I can post them out if there's enough interest........

Let me know how many you'd like of each and where you're from and that can start the ball rolling.

Regards,

Lance

Have you tried these ones Kloner?