tonyh0905

Goodbye F450 :(........Hello F550 :)

I've been looking into upgrading the motors on my F450 lately, because its getting so fat!! 1975g with the new landing gear turned out to be more the she could cope with....too much flex in the arms. I have taken the gear back off for now, and she'd flying OK at 1850g.

Instead if just upgrading the motors, I've decided to upgrade the frame also to a 550. My interest in in AP/AV so it makes sense to move onto a hex.

Here is a compilation of my F450 vids....Enjoy
smile.gif

http://youtu.be/xPEgIPFjlrU

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

If you didn't love them before or even never considered it y'all gonna love giraffes after watching this one.
The password is < giraffes >

Giraffes are awesome. Loved the video. A friend of ours just returned from Africa, they stayed three nights at Giraffe manor. My wife was telling me about it and I couldn't help think what's the big deal. Now I know, very cool.

A little over a year ago we were in Africa, the giraffes we were around were very skittish, we could get pretty close but nowhere near that close.

The giraffes are at the end. This was shot in the old days before gimbals ; )

SoCal Blur

You could have mounted the camera on one of the giraffe's head. When you watch them run, their head is perfectly still, just like a gimbal :frog:

kloner

Aerial DP
had a kloner day today, went flying for fun at some of our local landmarks..... San Diego skyline at dawn, everingham bros bait dock in the dark, worlds largest live bait operation and fort rosecrans national cemetery.... had another flight at the skyline closer but my dumb as$ forgot to roll the film..... it was a scout for some b-roll ideas. tried that dusk flight in auto mode, knew better but the iso got too high. it's like a one man band, i got two monitors going, two remotes, framing and flying. I'm finally trusting my manual mode settings more than the auto stuff now, i've evolved

now if i could remember to roll

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That's a big question really. The certification process can take from as little as a few months to a year depending on how committed you are. Once certified you can be on a job the same day as the client calls you, if there are no mitigating circumstances.

That was a paid shoot in the above video, so all they have to do is say yes and inform the people who live there. I just advised everyone to stay indoors but had a handful of people to walk around so it looked a bit more vibrant. My landlord was one of them. The location is a retirement village with nothing around except fields and hills so it was about as perfect as you can get. Saying that, we've been planning that shoot for a few months and I went the week before and gave a presentation to the residents so everyone knew what was happening.

Any help?

That's a big question really. The certification process can take from as little as a few months to a year depending on how committed you are. Once certified you can be on a job the same day as the client calls you, if there are no mitigating circumstances.

That was a paid shoot in the above video, so all they have to do is say yes and inform the people who live there. I just advised everyone to stay indoors but had a handful of people to walk around so it looked a bit more vibrant. My landlord was one of them. The location is a retirement village with nothing around except fields and hills so it was about as perfect as you can get. Saying that, we've been planning that shoot for a few months and I went the week before and gave a presentation to the residents so everyone knew what was happening.

Any help?

Professional operator at work!

Tomvb

Some stuff from last summer in Holland, Hope it's gonna be a good summer this year.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That was such a great video! Nicely done. So Holland really is as flat as they say if you can skate through a field! Each shot was really interesting. :nevreness: