ZAxis

Finally got around to doing some shooting today. still not 100% satisfied with the results but I didn't need youtube to rub it in!
View attachment 3538

Lec

Attachments

• youtubenotice.jpg
    youtubenotice.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just Had to post this.. Quattro is a bit shy when it comes to posting so I thought I would share this with you.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
And another...

Well I really enjoyed that little jaunt around the Dales. It looks like you're having some serious fun up there.

I thought for a second you were going to go for the door in the wall at 01:15.

What is the 'ReadyMade' FPV system you are using? Is that complete with decent goggles and patch antenna? What is the image quality of the goggles like?

Quattro

Thanks for posting my vids up Droider, now I've sussed how easy it is to upload to Youtube, I'll try and keep on top of the MRF posting etc.

Took me ages to find a track that suited the flights, I thought Leftfield Melt was perfect though for the FPV Mooch vid.

It's a fantastic area to fly, open access land and not mobbed with people, just the odd walker, the last thing you want when FPVing is to bothered by people trying to ask you stuff while you're tryin to keep the thing in the air.

The area is Cleabarrow, near Bowness.

The FPV equipment is a 200mw 5.8ghz video TX and RX from Geoff at Quadcopters.co.uk.

A high gain panel antenna from James at RCPitstop and Fatshark base goggles.

Ive got as far as 600+ Metres distance out which is about its limit, I think the goggles could be a sharper image to be honest though but they are ok for now.

Camera is a Hero 2 using AV out.

I was tempted to fly through the opening in the wall but couldn't judge how wide it was through the goggles so I had a walk over to find it was only @ 18 inches wide so perhaps as well I didn't try !

Nice work jeff, what do you do for focus, auto or focus on a distance b4 takeoff? I dont have a gh2 but d7000, don't know how i should focus because auto is always adjusting

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I am so impressed by the sheer detail of that GH2 image. It is razor sharp.

Are you flying by line-of-sight, goggles or screen? Flying that high pretty much makes line-of-sight about the worst way! What altitude is that resort and how does it affect your flight times?

I wish I could understand the terminology you use. "44Mb on the hack"? I ordered a GH2, it arrived today. So I will be looking for information on these GH2 hacks, what they offer above what comes supplied, how reliable they are, etc.

Nice work jeff, what do you do for focus, auto or focus on a distance b4 takeoff? I dont have a gh2 but d7000, don't know how i should focus because auto is always adjusting
Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Try putting the camera on a higher F-stop, something like F.13, then put the lens on infinity ( this will give you deep DOF ) also set it to full manual. I too have the D7000 and i hope nikon is going to add something like 60p recording.

This was a quick test with the focus thing.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am so impressed by the sheer detail of that GH2 image. It is razor sharp.

Are you flying by line-of-sight, goggles or screen? Flying that high pretty much makes line-of-sight about the worst way! What altitude is that resort and how does it affect your flight times?

I wish I could understand the terminology you use. "44Mb on the hack"? I ordered a GH2, it arrived today. So I will be looking for information on these GH2 hacks, what they offer above what comes supplied, how reliable they are, etc.

Just tried them out. I cant get the 88mbit version to work with any of the SD-cards I have. Gonna try the 44mbit one and see after low level formatting my cards. What the fastest SD-cards out there ?

http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault

Boris

Kari

Just tried them out. I cant get the 88mbit version to work with any of the SD-cards I have. Gonna try the 44mbit one and see after low level formatting my cards. What the fastest SD-cards out there ?

http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault

Boris

Boris,

Check this faq, there is recommendations for cards, so far i've tried Transcend class 10 and SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC 30 MB/s, 32 GB and SanDisk is slightly more stabile: http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

B
est details and picture quality i've got out from HG2 for now is definitely Driftwoods Sedna found here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/...majoris-sedna-orion-pictoris-rocket-etc.../p1 It is just amazing quality patch, even with very high ISO-settings image is very film-looking with film looking grain but no noise like we are used to with factory settings. Sedna is just too high bitrate to use in aerial works as it comes unstabile after couple of mins recording. Most stabile patch i have tried yet is Driftwoods Cluster v1 with Orion matrix, it has actually never freezed camera yet even keeping it recording 1h and more.

Kari