Bowley

Ross, some of the pro heli guys use CCD. mainly because they use gassers. Ive seen some awesome results from MBF.
after a 2 hour video sesh last week at a couple of locations only to get home and find it all jello'd :upset:, Ive been thinking of getting a HD CCD video cam myself.

Steve

Macsgrafs

Good luck with the camera Steve, I find that CMOS works better for our use than 3 CCD...far better results to be honest.

Here's my gopro front mounted:-

Here's my Panasonic 3CCD mounted on a electric zlin 50:-

Sorry havent got any footage yet of my panasonic on my octocopter...well that's a lie, I have but my computer cant handle full HD without oever heating & switching off :(

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

Nice smooth video...that was a PH mount right? if so, were you using the stock savox servo's that come with it

Bowley

Smooth touch!! I was curious as I believe the stock servos for the PH AV mounts and also the cinestar mount are savox 1258. I tried one of of these on my XA mount for roll axis as I was getting lots of jitter. there was a great improvement but still getting a little bit of jitter. do you get any with your PH gimbal?

Orracle

Yeah, Juz....you take the cake for fun factor. We're all trying to add Enya track's to flying around a sculpture or something and you are out flying that thing like a real heli! Nice work. I/we would love to know what your setup is. Looks like gopro on a quad using a single 900 Mhz Tx? Any secrets on the super stable gopro footage? I am having some luck with smaller props but there is a hint of jello in certain situations.

I'm pretty sure Juz shot this off of his latest quad, a prototype frame from hoverthings. Here is his build thread.
http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/8231-vc-fpv1-prototype/

juz

FPV pilot
Yeah, Juz....you take the cake for fun factor. We're all trying to add Enya track's to flying around a sculpture or something and you are out flying that thing like a real heli! Nice work. I/we would love to know what your setup is. Looks like gopro on a quad using a single 900 Mhz Tx? Any secrets on the super stable gopro footage? I am having some luck with smaller props but there is a hint of jello in certain situations.

The Orracle is correct. Its a Hoverthings prototype FPV quad frame. Prolly available this week or next. NTM 1200kv motors, 18A plush escs. Gopro hero2. 300mW 1280 mhz FPV.

LOL. The secret to the stable flight is CopterControl. =] I love it. Best FC I have ever used. Especially for 100 bucks.

EDIT... I use a small piece of foam under the camera, 8 inch props (balanced), and smooth (maintained) motors. I think the stiff G10 frame helps too. I have had no luck with frames that use aluminium booms.

BTW. I love your latest clip. Awesome videography my friend.

justin

hugy

This was filmed in a burned forest. With the snow it gives a great black white image.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I filmed this in a park the other day. I was quite surprised to see so many nice colours at this time of year.

Macsgrafs

Jeff...what are you doing??? I was just getting into the quality music, which may I add was going nicely with the video & then you cut me off in my prime ;) ;)
Nice filming mate, FPV as well...that's the way to go. How do you find flying a MR via FPV?

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So how cold can we fly in and how far north or south?

This was mainley shot in -30ºc and below at 68º North. I am still tring to get to the bottom of the rolling shutter / Jello from the GoPro2 that I dont have in normal temps.. any suggestions?

Set up DJI 450 frame wheel, WMK FC, TorxPower Motors 10x5 Graupners, 20amp Maytech Esc's. Hard mounted GoPro2.

You can get amazing footage with out VERY expensive equipment. This set up was designed to be strapped on a rucsac and carried in hand luggage.. She flew at 60+KPH in Skidoo chases and for me its the dogs jobber!

NOTING in the video is slowed down.. the only stabilisation I used was in the evening shot.. I skied down hill chasing her, I sat on the back of a skidoo flying her at up to 60KPH. I used lovingly warmed 3 cell 2200mah overlander batteries stuffed in my down jacked with hand warmers in there to. I got frost nip in the ski chase with was about 1.8km in length in -34ºc.

I did get the landing legs in a few shots but that was coz it was so Flaming cold and I did not use my LCD backpac to frame the camera.. which I regret but in the temp I was working in I had better things to think about like me bloody fingers!

LOVED IT and can highly recommend Levi as a great place to have winter fun!

attachment.php

Macsgrafs

Dave, cold does funny things to electronic equipment & even props!!!!! Don't forget you are higher up and moving making the -30 probably nearer to -40!!!
What are those things at 2:45? I had to drag my Mrs away from the screen ;) ;) ;)
Now you know I'm going to ask what lens you have on that gopro don't you ;)

Ross

Bowley

I reckon at those temps everything would be a lot stiffer and any vibration absorbing qualities of all the materials would lessen including the sticky rubber back of the gp mount,
Really nice creative footage of a lovely place though. Nice to see that sharp GP2 footage as I opted for 1, which arrived today

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bugger.. just forgot to add my GP1 to my shed sale!

Thanks for the comments.. yep I just about everything is stiffer including my old bones but not the gristle!;-)